IT.COM

marketplace Domain Sales Section : Fixed/Make Offer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Namepros Staff,

I wanted to bring up a possible solution to what I can see is a major problem with the domain "for sale" section on the forum. The main problem that I see for now is the sales section has turned into a boneyard of endless bumps on domains that are not going to sell if it's been bumped 50 times. I view these sections all the time and have noticed I spend less and less time on the forum because it's always the same threads. At what point does it become counterintuitive to allow bumps on old threads?

Now that's the problem that I am seeing. Let me try to explain what I feel would be a good solution. Lets say you start a thread and once you have reached say 30 days with no other comments from other members it gets placed in a new area ie "archive" of sorts. The only way to avoid this would be to have another member comment or bid/buy one or many of your domains. It would be my hope that this would stop the clogging up of sales threads with endless bumps that bury the real gems that are posted. I just feel like members are missing out on deals they never see as most buyers don't go past page 1 or 2 I would imagine.

So it's my hope that some outside of the box thinking and changes could revitalize the sales area because as it stands it's simply pointless to post a sale thread when it will be buried in a few hours with threads that are going on for months/years of bumping.

Feedback is appreciated and I hope I explained this clearly...been a very long day!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Doing the normal bump to this post in the hopes of getting a reply sometime before I pass away.

•••
Hello,

There are two features we plan to introduce that we believe will solve these issues:
  • A bump button so that bumps will not be posts that clog up listings.
  • An option to hide threads.

Will those be sufficient?
Those are great ideas. (y)

•••
Any chance for a reply on these matters? Been a very long time waiting on a fix.

•••
•••
OK. I'll add my voice to @Blake too. This should be attended too, either it's a no go with a reason or an anticipated date when these could be available.

•••
Back