IT.COM

discuss Domain sales and email spam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

john888

Established Member
Impact
I had another prospective customer contact me twice through my website contact form requesting a domain name sale price.

I emailed back the second time "didn't I already send you a sale price?". He replies back and says that the first email I sent was in his spam folder. It looks like any email I send that contains the wording "domain name for sale" "sale price" gets blocked by Gmail and other spam filters. I have to rethink how to word emails since I am positive customers are not getting my emails. My domain blacklist check is OK. With all the layers of blocking from web form captcha to email service filters I wonder if all business communications are suffering.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Make sure you have a proper SPF record setup on your domain, Google blocks everything that doesn't come from a domain with a SPF record. Google can also deliver your email with a scary warning attached to it warning the recipient you are a scammer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back