Dynadot

Domain Registration Problem

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Raf

Established Member
Impact
I don't know if its me or something but I registered a domain yesterday at around 1:10 PM EST and I still see that it hasn't been registered while looking through various popular Whois Search Engines like GoDaddy and etc. Can someone tell me if someone was wrong or something? When I did a Whois Search at GoDaddy it seemed that the Global Whois Server wasn't responding so maybe something is going on there. Please tell me what might be the problem. Thanks I appreciate it. :|

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whos your registar?

You should try contacting them first. Just explain your situation and see if they can help.

•••
Hi,

It is also worth trying to register the domain again through a different registrar ( not to pay twice though :) ).

Sometimes the who is lookups will not pick up a newly registered domain, however if you try and register it then it will show up as already being taken.

All the best

Richard

•••
Don't worry guys, the problem is resolved already. Just looked like it took a little longer than expected to get the domain registered. Thanks for your help anyways. :tu:

•••
Originally posted by Raf
Don't worry guys, the problem is resolved already. Just looked like it took a little longer than expected to get the domain registered. Thanks for your help anyways. :tu:

:) Normally it takes 24 hours. But you can check the domain available again. If it shows the domain has been taken, I think it has been registered successfully, although you cannot search whois at GoDaddy and etc. at that moment. As it is waiting for updating the database in Internic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back