NameSilo

Domain Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Venomthakid

Account Closed
Impact
i have hosting but im using a subdomain

if i was to buy a domain. With my hosting how would i like redirect my .com name to evreything ive done on my server?-change it all up

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Venomthakid said:

if i was to buy a domain. With my hosting how would i like redirect my .com name to evreything ive done on my server?-change it all up

I'm not too sure what exactly you're saying, but I'm assuming that you want to redirect your domain name to your existing site. Most domain name registrars allow you to forward your domain to another site, and will provide cloaking options, so even though the user is at sub.domain.com, they think they're at www.anotherdomain.com if you catch my drift!

Hope this helps,

J

•••
Venomthakid said:

you must first add your sub domain,, eg. yourmain.com.subdomain.com
now add your addon domain then redirect yormain.com.subdomain.com to subdomain.com.. im not sure if u will understand this but.. it took me a minute to figure it out too.

•••
This is a question I'd ask your host. If for some reason they cannot set you up with a domain name, you can always use a URL forwarding service. This is generally offered by most domain registration websites. I can point you to a few if you would like.

•••
ok i will ask my host when he gets on msn ty u guys

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back