Dynadot

Domain Privacy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ken Bluttman

Established Member
Impact
Hi, when registering a domain, you can get the privacy for an extra charge. I've always done this for domains I plan to keep. But as I start doing fast flips - it's not cost effective. But if I don't I get hounded by marketers and others cause they can see my info in WhoIs. What do people do with this? What are you doing? Any advice?
Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What do smart people do?

They switch to Name Silo - privacy is free with them.

Many more of these posts, and I'm going to ask them for a job. :)

•••
@Ken Bluttman

The real question is why would you even want to put the name under privacy when you want people to contact you about buying the domain?

I don't have any of mine under privacy. Think about setting up a separate email account for all your domains .. and don't put it under privacy.

•••
[QUOTE="Ategy.com, post: 6517047, member: 992943"
I don't have any of mine under privacy. Think about setting up a separate email account for all your domains .. and don't put it under privacy.[/QUOTE]

I did that a few years ago, and when my daily spam count exceeded 5,000, I decided that it wasn't the best option. I'm trying to persuade viewers to contact me through a ticketing system rather than use email, but there seems to be a bit of reluctance.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back