Dynadot

advice Domain names provide you with freedom and security

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Are there tons of “influencers” who make money without even having a website? Sure… we have Instagram celebrities, Twitter rock stars and so on. But while it definitely CAN be done, it doesn’t mean it should or that it’s a good idea.
You see, you’re surrendering a ton of *freedom* in exchange for a more hassle-free experience. Or to put it differently, you’re giving social media platforms a lot of control over your brand. Make no mistake, they can ban you tomorrow, with little to no room for recourse. It happened to others, it can most definitely happen to you as well.
But in my opinion, the tide will eventually turn and when it does, domainers who have always had their eyes on the prize will reap the rewards....
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are there tons of “influencers” who make money without even having a website? Sure… we have Instagram celebrities, Twitter rock stars and so on. But while it definitely CAN be done, it doesn’t mean it should or that it’s a good idea.
You see, you’re surrendering a ton of *freedom* in exchange for a more hassle-free experience. Or to put it differently, you’re giving social media platforms a lot of control over your brand. Make no mistake, they can ban you tomorrow, with little to no room for recourse. It happened to others, it can most definitely happen to you as well.
But in my opinion, the tide will eventually turn and when it does, domainers who have always had their eyes on the prize will reap the rewards....
Read More

I tend to agree -- arbitrary censorship sucks and it is on the rise, including here at NamePros.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back