IT.COM

question Domain names and trademarks,UDRP

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DNSSEC

Established Member
Impact
Would it be better for the development of the domain name industry to cancel the trademark holder's claim of ownership of the domain name and abolish the UDRP arbitration on trademarks?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Can you explain how that could be done?

•••
•••
This is why people losing money. Instead of spending the time for business they keep posting nonsense things.

•••
•••
This is why people losing money. Instead of spending the time for business they keep posting nonsense things.
This is a place to discuss something, so what's wrong with my question? If you're not interested, you don't have to respond.

•••
I would agree but not in all cases, only in specific cases like (lambo,com) and other similar cases.
If there are allot of TM's on specific term and many domains in other TLD's available to pursue, this TM holders specifically target the COM or AI extensions.
You also need to see if the domain was registered after someone's TM registration, ultimately that is why UDRP is made, to do the investigation, but I agree that where are big money UDRP follows the big dollar boy.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back