IT.COM

discuss Domain Marketplace Backends - who has the best interface and info for domainers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm working on my new domain marketplace and other than the branding of the automated emails, I have the customer facing side pretty much all set up now locally. yay.

But what about the interface for the sellers/domainers?

It's definitely something I have to think about over the next few days.

I'm curious - which marketplace do you consider the best to use?

Which is the worst?

Which has the best set of features?

Which features do you wish someone had that you don't see?

Who has features that aren't valuable too you that are in the way?

Are some only good for big portfolios and some for small?

I don't know what else i'm missing - there is a lot to consider and I just want to weigh some of these answers in with my design decisions.

Thanks for your time everyone and hopefully the discussion of some of these ideas helps everyone improve their interfaces and give better tools and data for domainers.

Bobby

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Bobby,

I think this is going to be the most difficult part of your website. You basically need a Majestic or AHRefs feed. This is going to be expensive. There are a couple of options of resellers which are cheaper DomCop.com/stats, and DomDetailer.com. There are probably others. You'll need to use their API to get the stats.

You could do it on the cheap and just provide a link to the Majestic site and let your visitors work out their own solutions from Majestic.

Best of luck with your endeavours and your website.

•••
I would build what is useful to you. If others find it useful too, it will get used by others. If not, at least you like what you are using. :)

•••
Just an idea, it might be good to discriminate between small and large portfolios (ie. 2 separate solutions). The small ones need a clear and fast interface, the larger ones need to do things in bulk.

Uniregistry's interface works best for me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back