IT.COM

discuss Domain Listing/Selling Script

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

80-20

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Would NPs care to comment about the domain names listing/selling script that they use, or have used before?

There's one I've found so far: http://www.icloudcenter.com/domains-marketplace-script.htm but it seems to be "too cheap" to be reliable...

Lol that site looks so 2004..

Best thing is to build a wordpress site with a really nice theme + woocommerce (free) or simply use Uniregistry market,sedo,afternic,efty or Bodis for sale landing pages.

Also, you can have your own portfolio show case at sedo, afternic and efty!

•••
•••
That's not what I want to achieve.
The idea is to have a site where others can come, and list their domains. Selling & payment processing is not necessary.
Just the listing function, automated as much as possible.

I believe BrandBucket is build on prestashop, you may also build a really great looking marketplace on WordPress with some plugins and themes. CodeCanyon.net and ThemeForest.net are your best friends :)

•••
Yes, it sounds close to my spec. with a small difference: I assume that the sellers would prefer to have the enquiries directed to themselves, and avoid paying the commission at wherever they list the name.
And yes, they'd pay for the names (only those belonging to a very nichy category) to be listed on my site, for all the promo and marketing.
You can check out my site at prycr.com. I basically gutted Sitemile's auction theme and heavily customized it.

•••
Thank you, dotbay!

I'll look at prestashop first.
I'm quite conversant with WP, that could be another option.

The crux of the matter here is to build a listing site, where users can submit paid listings (with various options) and the potential buyers can deal with them directly.

•••
You are welcome!

You can build just almost anything with wordpress and prestashop. All you need is creativity, time and patience!

•••
Thanks, Julio!

Fliponic has some 404 pages... not a good sign for the intended buyers.
It also is a bit too complicated for what I need.

Here are the functionalities that I want to have:

1. No auctions - listing function only, done by the admin, after manual approval (like BB).
Listings are paid for via PPal subscription.
2. Listings format similar to BB - with or without logos.
3. Listings are categorized.
4. Potential buyer clicks on the name of interest and is directed to the contact form with the domain and seller's email already pre-filled.
5. Buyer deals directly with the seller - no transactions taking place onsite.

From the helpful NPs posts here, it appears that WPress frame would be easiest and most cost-effective.

More contributions welcome!

•••
From what I'm reading I think you want something that I saw a few months ago. I was looking for it about 2 weeks ago to use it for myself but could not find. It was a domain listing script where a domainer could list their domains for sale but when you click on a domain name it would redirect to where the domain is being sold. The owner of the domain could pay the site owner for a featured listing if they want more exposure.

Yes, it sounds close to my spec. with a small difference: I assume that the sellers would prefer to have the enquiries directed to themselves, and avoid paying the commission at wherever they list the name.
And yes, they'd pay for the names (only those belonging to a very nichy category) to be listed on my site, for all the promo and marketing.

•••
Isn't that basically what efty has? I've been slowly adding my domains there, with some domain landing pages and others still parked at voodoo & parking crew. I signed on with their efty market, that list all of my domains on the one page with my main url address.

•••
•••
Thanks, JagG!

smartscriptsolutions.com and their Domain Trader seems to be an abandoned project.
Its "About Us" page says:
"Write something about what the company does here."
Doesn't instill lots of confidence...
Besides, it does far more than what I need.

If you saw that here findname.uk/aboutus.php that website is mine, which I am currently working on. They are Smartscriptsolutions.com

Smart script solutions is an old script, I have owned it for years only last year I decided to give it another go. It's not like wordpress you have to know smarty php to edit this script, only taken me 5 years to even get this far lol .

Good luck on your search buddy

•••
Best thing is to build a wordpress site with a really nice theme + woocommerce (free) or simply use Uniregistry market,sedo,afternic,efty or Bodis for sale landing pages.

That's not what I want to achieve.
The idea is to have a site where others can come, and list their domains. Selling & payment processing is not necessary.
Just the listing function, automated as much as possible.

•••
Thank you, loredan!
Very helpful.

•••
From what I'm reading I think you want something that I saw a few months ago. I was looking for it about 2 weeks ago to use it for myself but could not find. It was a domain listing script where a domainer could list their domains for sale but when you click on a domain name it would redirect to where the domain is being sold. The owner of the domain could pay the site owner for a featured listing if they want more exposure.

•••
Good stuff, Silentptnr, but too "evolved" for my needs.

•••
Isn't that basically what efty has? I've been slowly adding my domains there, with some domain landing pages and others still parked at voodoo & parking crew. I signed on with their efty market, that list all of my domains on the one page with my main url address.

Efty is centered on selling domains, with its landing pages, stats, etc.
My intention is to have a site functioning as a meeting point only between sellers and buyers.
Therefore lots of Efty's features are redundant, and other are not there.

•••
You could make an eBay store. As for wordpress, maybe the Makery theme would be what you want. It's a simple marketplace theme, but users basically create a "shop" where their domains are. Buyers visit the the shops, users can market their shop. Just an idea.

•••
Sounds almost like you just want to have a listing directory and parking site.

Maybe you could do basic wordpress theme with a tables plugin to list the domains, a submission form, a payment gateway, and a parking script.

What youre looking to do is basic on the surface only. Still complex though.

•••
You're going to need a programmer that can create the perfect platform for you with all the things you want in it.

•••
Sounds almost like you just want to have a listing directory and parking site.

Maybe you could do basic wordpress theme with a tables plugin to list the domains, a submission form, a payment gateway, and a parking script.

What youre looking to do is basic on the surface only. Still complex though.

I don't need parking.
I don't need payments.
It seems to be basic enough to use WP framework...

•••
•••
Your best bet is something custom. WP is going to need constant updates and will eventually break somewhere depending on your theme and plugins. That'll need to be fixed. Other scripts will need to be updated.

•••
foliotrader is good if you dont have money

in codecanyo.net there alot script domain seller.....but the best thing is wp+woocommerce or prestashop..you can make magic with them..... or use PHP and get control of everything...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back