Dynadot

domain domain: jwd.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tony_Tony_Tony

Impact
Hello - I worked for a company in 1992 -1996 and bought the domain and setup the website jwd.com while employed there. I think the website is the same one I setup when I left and has never been updated. The owner of the company is shutting down the company, and has asked me to broker the domain name for 5%. I'm essentially doing this as a personal favor to him.

He gets a lot of e-mail offers from China in the $35K range and a few in the us for $50K range (this is over the last several years). I'm not sure those are legit.

Any info on appraisals / how to proceeded would be appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
JWD is a so called chinese premium 3L.com (3 letter .com with no A, E, U, I, O, V). You can see from here: http://shortnames.com/lll/sales#8H for how much they typically sell for in public sales (lately the minimum seems to have been around that $35k range). It is good to note that especially Namejet is a re-seller marketplace, where domain investors often sell to other domain investors. If you are looking to sell to an actual end-user you should naturally expect to (or at the very least try to) get more.

Last edited:
•••
Best way to proceed would be to get an actual broker working on it. We wont work for 5% though.

If you can double that we can talk. I have a large Rolodex containing a heap of real Chinese buyers.. Not the tire kickers/hustlers and time wasters you normally encounter from the spam that enters your clients mailbox.

•••
I'll do a deal with you ...

I have only genuine buyers on standby, no shopping ... Ready to buy within 48 hours given different time frames ...

Deal by Escrow.com or DN.com
- offer, $36,000 USD
Fees paid by (seller) / (owner)
2.5% commission to you
2.5% commission to me

If we have a deal contact me and will set something in place !

Best,

Alessandro

•••
I wouldn't accept anything under $45k. And stay away from these brokers, you can sell it on your own and save the % they want to take from you. Set up a decent landing page and list on sedo, afternic, etc and wait for offers. Good luck

Last edited:
•••
I wouldn't accept anything under $45k. And stay away from these brokers, you can sell it on your own and save the % they want to take from you. Set up a decent landing page and list on sedo, afternic, etc and wait for offers. Good luck

No offense Casey,

But your friend and "broker" will have a hard time selling above market value prices unless it's an enduser ^ couple ideas in mind and not looking to steal a deal but work together to get you the deal ...

If your mind is set on $45,000 however and you believe you can sell that domain the way the current market is going and the fact Chinese New Year is starting, then goodluck !

Best,

Alessandro

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back