IT.COM

Domain is about to expire

NameSilo
Watch

RGP

Established Member
Impact
I have some .com domains (3-4) on GoDaddy which are about to expire within two weeks, can someone guide me what I can do, Does these domains will automatically go on expiring auction category ? and what will happen after that. can someone share their thoughts on this. thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have some .com domains (3-4) on GoDaddy which are about to expire within two weeks, can someone guide me what I can do, Does these domains will automatically go on expiring auction category ? and what will happen after that. can someone share their thoughts on this. thank you

You can renew the domains, by paying the renewal fee.

Depends though, do you want to keep the domains for the next year?
or are you planing to sell them to others in the future/ flip them?

•••
Run them through a few auto appraisal bots see if they have many searches or anything going for them before you consider renewing them. If you knew they were of value you would have renewed them if your having to ask if they are worth that fee then they are likely not.

•••
You can renew the domains, by paying the renewal fee.

Depends though, do you want to keep the domains for the next year?
or are you planing to sell them to others in the future/ flip them?
Run them through a few auto appraisal bots see if they have many searches or anything going for them before you consider renewing them. If you knew they were of value you would have renewed them if your having to ask if they are worth that fee then they are likely not.

•••
If they have many searches. What that mean can you explain a little.

•••
yes i want to sell them. but I have no experience in selling a domain though I am reading here on Namepros but still exploring.
thank you guys for your time

•••
Either renew them or create an auction here starting at $1.

•••
How to start auction can you tell me. I do not know the procedure. suppose someone is buying that domain, still I have to renew it before transferring it to the person?
Thank you

•••
Find out from your registrar.

•••
I have some .com domains (3-4) on GoDaddy which are about to expire within two weeks, can someone guide me what I can do, Does these domains will automatically go on expiring auction category? and what will happen after that? can someone share their thoughts on this? thank you
Again Into the Wild! If the domain does not get purchased even after a raincheck, sale or closeout, it is then entered once more into the library, where anybody will have the option to buy it simply like some other accessible domain. TL;DR — Enable auto-recharge so your domain names won't lapse!

Last edited:
•••
Follow these steps to determine when a domain name will expire:
  1. Start a WHOIS Lookup. A WHOIS Lookup can be performed on many different websites, but the easiest place to do a lookup of a domain name is at DomainTools.com.
  2. Type In The Domain Name of Interest.
  3. Scroll Down to the Bottom of the Record.

•••
ok i will check this, thank you for your time

•••
@memaniacs not sure which route you decided to go but if you kept the domains and you are looking for a Registrar to list them with, I would encourage you to check out Epik.com. We offer a full Marketplace where you can list a domain for sale, rent, or financing. We also offer SSL parking landers. Check out https://laptopcomputers.com/ that domain is using our SSL parking lander and is listed in the Marketplace.

If you register an account at epik.com, send me a direct message to [email protected] and I can assist you with the next steps. Hope to hear from you!

•••
Ok thanks for the reply. I'll go through your website and let's see what you are offering

•••
I think I read somewhere that domain renewal should be an option and should definitely work, I think you have to renew it every time it expires

•••
trying hard to keep them alive if they have some values. thanks

•••
I think I read somewhere that domain renewal should be an option and should definitely work, I think you have to renew it every time it expires
Except if it's a Forever registration, which.. is not very common yet
Epik offer these, We first renew your domain for 10 years, and then we keep paying the renewal fee
Pros : Don't have to worry about renewing the domain, Don't have to pay every year to keep the name active
Con : The price is typically higher and so, it's better in the long run

As a domainer myself, I wouldn't go for forever registrations for all names, only for the most valuable ones.
But again, in the long run, it's better :)

Gube

•••
Except if it's a Forever registration, which.. is not very common yet
Epik offer these, We first renew your domain for 10 years, and then we keep paying the renewal fee
Pros : Don't have to worry about renewing the domain, Don't have to pay every year to keep the name active
Con : The price is typically higher and so, it's better in the long run

As a domainer myself, I wouldn't go for forever registrations for all names, only for the most valuable ones.
But again, in the long run, it's better :)

Gube
Well, yes, I do agree with you! These details are also important

•••
@memaniacs not sure which route you decided to go but if you kept the domains and you are looking for a Registrar to list them with, I would encourage you to check out Epik.com. We offer a full Marketplace where you can list a domain for sale, rent, or financing. We also offer SSL parking landers. Check out https://laptopcomputers.com/ that domain is using our SSL parking lander and is listed in the Marketplace.

If you register an account at epik.com, send me a direct message to [email protected] and I can assist you with the next steps. Hope to hear from you!

Trust, Jess. — to who disliked her post...

Unless, have 500+ DNs or pay annual fee; you will pay $17+.com GD renewal + $9.99 privacy more than most .coms! privacy free with epik

I have almost all my domains moved to Epik,
from Godaddy, even if hits 500, i wont be back.
Choose someone who business model fits u — or at the very minimum — values you.
Epik does for me —and more. I got about 100.
Epik makes me feel more...The GD antithesis

Big special thank you, epik CEO Rob Monster, most affable guy, i’ve ever met

Samer

Last edited:
•••
How to start auction can you tell me

If you are looking to auction the domains on godaddy, the first thing you need to do is buy a subscription for godaddy auctions, only then will you be able to list your domains on their auction site.

Next,you can go to Godaddy domain appraisal and "estibot.com". Type in your domains here and see what they are worth (note: the value will not be accurate, but will give you an idea). Then go to namebio.com, and type in domains of similar keywords to yours (for eg: if your domain is example123.com type "example" as keyword) and see if there is any sale of such domains (This will give you an idea whether people are interested in buying such domains or not).
You can also contact the similar domain owners on whoxy.com or whois.domaintools.com via email(if given), or phone (if given) and see if their interested, by typing the domain on the search bar.

you can list your domains on many other websites other than godaddy, such as,
sedo.com
afternic.com etc etc....

If you really wanna sell your domain, I think you should follow the above steps for starters. They you can obviously do your own research and see what method fits you. Last but not least, this community NamePros is amazing! Try and spend sometime here as well, as there are experts in this field who guide beginners like you and me into domain flipping ( term for selling domains).

Hope this helped!

•••
thanks to Gube, n4medom4in, samer and vikki. I'll go through these steps hope it works for me. thanks to all members for sharing information and experience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back