Dynadot

What I am Doing wrong ?

NameSilo
Watch

feridi

Established Member
Impact
Well its all started with YouTube videos about DOMAIN flipping :greedy:
bought my first domain on Go-daddy. after two weeks research :pompous: bought 4 more domains.
listed on auction | signed up on few other sites and listed my domains there too.
but no one is willing to buy them. Can someone guide or show me the correct way :sorry:?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Around 97% of all registered domains are worthless, when a domain sells the investor probably waited years for the right offer to come.
Domaining is a game of patience, not quick flips.

•••
If you do not mind sharing, the names you bought and prices for each? you can post the names in appraisal section to get feedback from experienced members

I agree with Constantin S, it's not a sprint,otherwise we would all be multi millionaires

Last edited:
•••
Around 97% of all registered domains are worthless, when a domain sells the investor probably waited years for the right offer to come.
Domaining is a game of patience, not quick flips.

You are absolutely Right its a game of patience like all other business. but those who waited for years most probably bought some good expensive domains.

•••
If you do not mind sharing, the names you bought and prices for each? you can post the names in appraisal section to get feedback from experienced members

I agree with Constantin S, it's not a sprint,otherwise we would all be multi millionaires

hmm , thanks ! i will post the names in appraisal section.

•••
I will be honest, im too lazy to give advice, but I would like to make you feel better by saying me and many others here had over a THOUSAND domains before asking such a humble question.

you already have an edge among most. keep criticizing your own opinion ( in first 2 years personal opinion means nothing , following current and trending ACTUAL SALES data matters only ) and you will do great.... in the long run after many mistakes and lots of research, trial and error etc..

•••
"following current and trending ACTUAL SALES data matters only"(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

"and you will do great.... in the long run after many mistakes and lots of research, trial and error etc"
Thank you so much . :xf.smile:

•••
Hello and welcome to nps!

I have not read the whole thread but in my case, I only buy a name if I am prepared to hold it for 2-3 years. There are some that do well with flipping, but it is not as easy as some of those 'videos' suggest. Many of those people ultimately offer to assist you further or send you a dvd/file full of inside secrets...for a small fee of course.

Stop buying for a while and spend many hours here reading and learning before moving forward.

•••
Hello!

Prepare mentally for a long run!
You need to live this as a game of learning!
I began 6 months ago. Now I have over 300 domains and 0 sales.
I only got some low XXX$ offers.
As a beginner it is very hard to estimate prices and the half of your domains you regret almost instantly.
So be patient, Read a lot on this forum and don't ever blame yourself for any mistake. Even the opposite - learn from your own mistakes!
This experience is inevitable!

Welcome to domaining!

•••
When I started in 2017 I Flipped a ngtld Files.Email for $650 in few days, bought it for $16 in the first week of my domaining journey. I thought "im gonna make lots of money just like that". That's not really what happened. I am still not profitable the way I want to be.

You will make mistakes, you will learn, & you'll decide "How" you'll invest in domains/brands. It won't be easy & how fast you'll find success will depend on many things, like the kind of capital you have, how fast of a learner you are, do you act on impulse, do you have other sources of income etc etc..

Not all advice will help, some will but not all, & if you are the lady in the picture, I expect many would want to offer their advice

Good luck

•••
The biggest issue is likely unrealistic expectations. If it was easy to make money, everyone would be doing it.

It can take many years to even sell top tier domains.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
You don't stand a chance without knowledge. Learn something on your own by reading and analyzing data to come to your own conclusions. You're just another target who's been manipulated by social media. Youtube thanks you for the click, the registrar appreciates your business, and you're left holding pigeon sh1t.

•••
Hello and welcome to nps!

I have not read the whole thread but in my case, I only buy a name if I am prepared to hold it for 2-3 years. There are some that do well with flipping, but it is not as easy as some of those 'videos' suggest. Many of those people ultimately offer to assist you further or send you a dvd/file full of inside secrets...for a small fee of course.

Stop buying for a while and spend many hours here reading and learning before moving forward.

i agree with you !
i stopped buying because i understand clearly about buying domains without proper knowledge / research is wastage of time and money. I am happy that i found this beautiful platform where i can learn everything about domaining.

•••
Hello!

Prepare mentally for a long run!
You need to live this as a game of learning!
I began 6 months ago. Now I have over 300 domains and 0 sales.
I only got some low XXX$ offers.
As a beginner it is very hard to estimate prices and the half of your domains you regret almost instantly.
So be patient, Read a lot on this forum and don't ever blame yourself for any mistake. Even the opposite - learn from your own mistakes!
This experience is inevitable!

Welcome to domaining!

Wow! Thanks you so much! maximinus :xf.smile:I really appreciate your comment.

•••
When I started in 2017 I Flipped a ngtld Files.Email for $650 in few days, bought it for $16 in the first week of my domaining journey. I thought "im gonna make lots of money just like that". That's not really what happened. I am still not profitable the way I want to be.

You will make mistakes, you will learn, & you'll decide "How" you'll invest in domains/brands. It won't be easy & how fast you'll find success will depend on many things, like the kind of capital you have, how fast of a learner you are, do you act on impulse, do you have other sources of income etc etc..

Not all advice will help, some will but not all, & if you are the lady in the picture, I expect many would want to offer their advice

Good luck

wow! your start was great, I wish you all great success in Domaining.
Thank you for your Comment ! I really appreciate it.:xf.smile:

•••
The biggest issue is likely unrealistic expectations. If it was easy to make money, everyone would be doing it.

It can take many years to even sell top tier domains.

Brad
Brad you are absolutely right (y)

•••
You don't stand a chance without knowledge. Learn something on your own by reading and analyzing data to come to your own conclusions. You're just another target who's been manipulated by social media. Youtube thanks you for the click, the registrar appreciates your business, and you're left holding pigeon sh1t.

:wideyed:

You are right i was manipulated by social media but after joining this platform , i am learning THE REALITY:bookworm:. KNOWLEDGE IS EVERYTHING (y)

•••
https://www.namepros.com/threads/discuss-and-report-any-details-of-domain-name-sales.998009/

Above is the link to the NamePros thread where successfully sold domain names are shared as well as purchase price, how long they held on to the domain and where/how the domain was sold. It provides a realistic perspective of most domain sales.

Can someone guide or show me the correct way :sorry:?
I am about two years in and no sale yet. I read a lot my first year and felt comfident that I was ready. Fortunately I took advice and only registered about 15 names and stopped until I could validate my theories and sssumptions with a sale. Nothing happened and I let most of the names drop and I am back to learning. From my experience so far I underestimated how much learning is involved and then after how much work is involved in testing and trying strategies until you find what actually works.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back