Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Domain inventory script

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

Would this script be useful for you?

  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Very useful

    3 
    votes
    27.3%
  • Somewhat useful

    7 
    votes
    63.6%
  • I don't care

    1 
    vote
    9.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Midano

Established Member
Impact
49
Hello again domain junkies.

I recently wrote a script to analize a domain inventory.
Here's what it does:

1. You type or paste a list of your domains into text input field (separated by space or line feed);

2. The script will:
- extract all domains from whatever you have posted (so you can simply copy a chunk of text or copy your Sedo list table, etc., and if there's any domains - they'll be found).
- validate the domains for proper format (length, no double hyphens, no hyphens in front or back, invalid characters, etc. etc.)
- count and sort the domains by extension

3. Output:
- Total number of domains;
- List of valid domains found in your input;
- List of invalid domains found in your input;
- A table with the following fields: ext., count, percentage;
- A graph.

The script will be up and running very soon. I'll post a link then.
Do you think this would be useful?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
maybe if i knew what it was lol
 
0
•••
maddudeonline said:
maybe if i knew what it was lol
Um... I kinda explained it in the post above.
 
0
•••
Sounds like a easy and fast way to get an overview of your domains.
 
0
•••
i would like to use it. It would be great to keep track of all the domains
 
0
•••
What would be really cool is...

If you were able to do a reverse spell check of some kind. That way you could find the 1 word and proper spelling domains in a huge list.
 
0
•••
Would need to see it before I can decide.
 
0
•••
I think it sounds very useful!

Andrew
 
0
•••
It sounds like it will be very useful to a lot of people. I don't have so many domains that I would need something like that to keep track of them but a lot of people do.
 
0
•••
Nunim said:
Would need to see it before I can decide.
I use excel to track mine and it does get confusing at times. Registrars, dates, costs incurred, ect...
 
0
•••
HI

Interesting, Looking forward to seeing a demo of the script.

Are you going to be selling it and if so what price range..

Thanks
Tom Dahne
 
0
•••
ezimedia said:
HI

Interesting, Looking forward to seeing a demo of the script.

Are you going to be selling it and if so what price range..

Thanks
Tom Dahne
Hi Tom.
For now - I'm just planning to post the demo (not the source code) and make it freely available to anyone. If anyone wants a copy - we can work something out. One thing - it's ASP, so it won't work on non-Windows servers.
 
0
•••
HI Midano,

Oh ok.. my server is not running windows :( was hoping it was written in php... anyway would still love to view the demo when you post the link.

Thanks
Tom Dahne
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back