IT.COM

showcase *** Domain Hack Showca.se ***

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I thought having a thread dedicated to domain hacks would be interesting and informative. Please join in if you have one! I'll start the ball rolling with mine:

Rant.in
Stra.in
Seru.ms
Infor.ms
Hausfra.us (German for Housewives)
Froufro.us

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can anyone here report nice sales or offers for hack names? Just curious I do not own any (yet..) Not ignoring you Joker... I do like that one, any others with offers or sales?

•••
I've had offers, mostly lowball imho. Some people out there like them a lot but some don't want to cough up for them.

•••
I think foru.ms sold for $7,000. Blo.gs sold for 5 million, however a website was included. If the hack is a great keyword, it is valuable.

Last edited:
•••
3,xxx offer received for Tex.as from the other forum, but I rejected that.

Guys, what do you think a reasonable price for Tex.as, considering the sales of foru.ms, wi.fi?

Foru.ms - Sold for $7,000
Wi.Fi - Sold for $30,000+ (I remember)

•••
DJ, I would hold for at least $5,000. Though it's probably worth more than that. One could do a ton of different things with this name as far as development potential is concerned, and is truly a fantastic reg.

And on a side-note for myself, anyone wanna give a crack at appraising Rant.in? I wouldn't let this gem go for less than mid $x,xxx. And I may very well go ahead and install vBulletin and get this baby developed into a forum.

•••
most sales I've seen in 2 or 3 letters hacks are in the $x,xxxx

11-08-06 drawin.gs $500 AfterNIC
4-28-06 li.st $5,000 Sedo.com

3-31-06 igo.in 1,000 EUR Sedo.com
3-03-06 ask.us $6,200 Sedo.co
3-01-06 pay.to $1,000 Sedo.com

The most recent sales
Magaz.in sold for $4,000 - SEDO

•••
hehe thanks for sharing guys

•••
DomainMayhem.com said:
DJ, I would hold for at least $5,000. Though it's probably worth more than that. One could do a ton of different things with this name as far as development potential is concerned, and is truly a fantastic reg.

Thanks for the opinion mate! :)

•••
I have:
Small.biz
Buy.name
Physicians.MD

:)

•••
•••
Thanks for the info! Rep's added (DM they won't let me rep you again for a while..)

My favorites so far:

Doma.ins
Dub.ai
Shangh.ai
Infor.ms

And del.icio.us I really like Tex.as - mostly because it is very memorable when you are telling someone the url (TEX dot AS) Nice Job guys I am looking for a good hack now :)

•••
nicedomains said:
del.icio.us I really like Tex.as - mostly because it is very memorable when you are telling someone the url (TEX dot AS)

Thank you nicedomains. :)

•••
•••
•••
AzN said:
Listin.gs and Expla.in :P

Both are good, though the Listin.gs one is really nice! Gonna dev 'em?

•••
•••
•••
You have a full list of domain hack sales on Namebio https://namebio.com/?s==YDN3UTMyETM

Our top sales:

Virtu.al sold for $40,000 (acquired by Virtual LLC)
Sto.re sold for $30,000 (acquired by Shopify)
Smart.ly for $20,000 (acquired by Pedago LLC)
K.im sold for $20,000 (acquired by Kim Dotcom)
Answe.rs sold for $20,000 (acquired by Answers.com)
Futu.re sold for $20,000 (acquired by private buyer)
Leg.al sold for $20,000 (acquired by CMP.LY Inc.)
Ae.ro sold for $10,000 (acquired by AeroFS)
Mur.al sold for $10,000 (acquired by Mural)
Fir.st sold for $15,000 (acquired by private buyer)
Di.et sold for $10,000 (acquired by private buyer)

We are selling off our domain hack portfolio with gems like insu.re softwa.re targ.et etc. for whoever is interested.

•••
Last edited:
•••
thisdomainis.top
this domain is . top

+

attheendthisdomainis.top
at the end this domain is . top

Last edited:
•••
one of my personal favs, held off registering it until 4/20 came around. because dates matter.

3Oml1ij.png

•••
•••
Worst hacks I have ever seen
Hahaahaaahaaaa stop hoping I will fall for that cheap tryyy - forget it, "skeleton" (regarding your odd skeleton - avatar) ...

Sorryyy you have to accept that I was faster than you to register them - but don't give up trying to find such super - genius hack - domains, maybe you will be successfull at another time.

Anywayyy - however you find them, believe me, I don't care - because the point is that you have seen them nowww and you know them nowww, means they are nowww part of your mind / life / virtual realityyy and most probablyyy you will never forget them...

...nowww you can visit them whenever you like and that's the sense of domains yeahhh

+++

Here are 2 other super - genius hack - domains I own:

gamingdesk.top
&
gaminglap.top

Last edited:
•••
Only short hacks work ...... even then only as a novelty. I do thank you for the comedy though.

•••
Only short hacks work ...... even then only as a novelty. I do thank you for the comedy though.
Maybe in your brain but in my brain also longer hacks work as you can see.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back