Dynadot

advice Domain Drop Catching

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JayWebDev

Impact
Hey!

So I am new to Name Pros, and I feel like I should ask for some advice from the community.
So I have found myself into a situation where someone has Domain Sniped my desired domain I wanted to purchase. It has been purchased back in 2018, and hasn't been used ever since.

So it's a decent domain name, but he wanted to sell the domain name for about 10K. Is that a fair price, or is it unfair? I want to use it for a small project, and he currently has no use to it. I tried to trade domains, but that's an option that is unavailable. He hasn't used the domain, and it isn't connected to a server properly. No email is being used.

Any advice on what I should do? Someone said I should try to work around the guy.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey!

So I am new to Name Pros, and I feel like I should ask for some advice from the community.
So I have found myself into a situation where someone has Domain Sniped my desired domain I wanted to purchase. It has been purchased back in 2018, and hasn't been used ever since.

So it's a decent domain name, but he wanted to sell the domain name for about 10K. Is that a fair price, or is it unfair? I want to use it for a small project, and he currently has no use to it. I tried to trade domains, but that's an option that is unavailable. He hasn't used the domain, and it isn't connected to a server properly. No email is being used.

Any advice on what I should do? Someone said I should try to work around the guy.

What is the definition of ''fair price''? It's a subjective evaluation. But there is no point even asking this question, as this is his domain, thus - his rules. He apparently thinks it's fair. There are not a lot of things you can do about it.
On top, you asked people here if it's fair or not, without shooting a name itself, how we can even give opinions? Is like asking: hey, my house is 300000, is it worth it? No one can tell, no one knows where you live.
In any case what you can do:

a) bargain with the guy (from what I understood, it will not be a solution)
b) check similar names (again, if you tell the name, people can tell more about it, whether or not it's a competitve area)
c) check other extensions (TLDs) for the same name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back