IT.COM

Domain Broker Wanted | Sell My .com Portfolio | Total GD ~$7000 | Brandable With Logos

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuveer

Established Member
Impact
I have 4 .com domains left in my portfolio and I'm looking to sell them all and exit the domain hustle. Thankfully, some of my other income sources have taken off and I can no longer dedicate the required amount of time to maintain my portfolio.

Please refer to my thread for the list of domains, descriptions and logos.

I'm looking for people to be able to either sell:
  1. My portfolio of 4 domains as a bundle to another domainer (commission 2.5%)
  2. The individual domains to other domainers at reseller prices (commission 5% on each sale)
  3. The individual domains to end-users (commission 7.5% on each sale)
Commissions may increase depending on sale price and how many leads you bring in

If you direct the leads to me and I'm happy with the offer provided, I'll fulfil the sale and you will receive your commission once finalised. If you have any specific questions about prices, please PM me.

Looking forward to working with you guys and making some money!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is this a wind up post? If not I'd love to know if any broker responds.

I have yet to meet a broker in any walk of life who would accept a rate of commission set by a third party, They set up their own rates and do so before they even set up shop.

Going rates across just about any field, and domaining is no exception, are 10% at a minimum but only for very high value items so you may get as low as that rate for something around the $150k+ mark. Many these days have a lower limit of 15% even where value is a million dollars or more.

As the value of the items for sale falls the commission rate rises and can often be higher than 50%. Yours are so low I wonder if any broker would take them on even for 50%. In fact I seriously doubt anybody would touch the first two on your list at all. Disregard what GoDaddy appraisal says. Think about the business case for each domain and who might buy it. How deep are their pockets? Are they likely to be on the contacts list of a good broker?

Sorry to put a downer on your plans but think about it. If a domainer is skilled enough at moving names on to new owners they are likely to be working with domains in their own portfolio which bring them in several thousands of dollars in profits per sale. That is where they set their benchmarks. What is the point of selling for a small proportion of what they can do with their own portfolios?

Depending upon the level they work at and which niches they work in, it will be an amount measured in thousands of dollars. Let's say they will work for 25% and with a minimum fee of $5,000. Your domains would have to be worth $20,000 each to end users. If they charged you 50% they would have to be worth $10,000 each on the same basis. Be aware, unless you have a ready stream of business to offer at a reasonable value, every broker will charge per deal. You are asking them to complete four deals. All four of your names may be worth $10k between them at a squeeze.

The second two on your list make up the vast bulk of that. Yes, that is end user values. Your suggestion of wholesale to other domainers renders the idea of using a broker risible.

•••
Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for your reply and detailed response. I take everything you've said on board and am grateful for your insight.

I think my mistake is in using the term "Domain Broker". I'm not looking for someone who traditionally fills this role as (you mentioned yourself) my portfolio is not valuable enough.

What I'm essentially looking for is just people to assist with outbound marketing and funnelling leads. I'm not looking for a professional broker with decades of experience as this would not be worth their time. I'm simply trying to increase the number of shots taken, raising the chances of scoring.

With regards to the commissions listed, I understand they are lower than market domain broker rates but they have been inspired from affiliate commission rates. Also, as mentioned, I may increase them depending on response levels.

I believe there are many members of this forum who could use some quick cash and may have a network worth reaching out to. This post is also for those who at a glance think they may know / be able to find someone interested. At the end of the day, it's up to individuals to determine whether it's worth their time.

Out of curiosity what you recommend to list the commission rates as? 25-50%? Or would you remove them from the post and approach it on a sale by sale basis?

Thanks again for you reply, really appreciate any and all input :)

Last edited:
•••
@Yuveer glad to be of help if I can.

Firstly, I am not a broker. I have no interest in taking on any such assignment.

What I know about broking, which in other fields is aka agency, comes from a wide range of industries including some limited involvement of my own, plus directly within domaining, only what I have read and some contacts I have had with brokers within the domaining field.

Directly addressing your wish to sell your remaining names, let's apply some simple arithmetic and the needs and experiences of those who may be in need of a few quick bucks.

Simple arithmetic: how much is 2.5%, or even 10% of, say, $250? I'm looking at the first two on your list here, and end user prices. But even if we take the second pair, worth probably in the region of two to three thousand and six to ten thousand respectively to end users? And that is waiting for the right buyer, not selling on the first bid received.

Even the very best of brokers receives a proportion of lowball offers before they get an opportunity to negotiate the good one. That immediate touch with a buyer prepared to pay full price is a once in a blue moon occurrence, not a daily one.

Now, even if you consider those as worthwhile sums, who are they worthwhile to? Let's face it, if they are domainers they are not doing very well if they are selling their efforts so cheaply, so how can you expect a reasonable success rate from them? Or a full price sale for that matter?

So in answer to your question, I genuinely doubt the ability of those domain names to attract the attention of any broker. OK, you know that already, but for the sake of a complete answer I've completed it.

Your later suggestion, to offer some sort of commission for an introduction which leads to a successful sale has a better chance, albeit not a very good one IMHO. You would almost certainly have to offer well above anything mentioned in your OP, even for that level of agency.

Yes, you are looking at each name separately. It would be the Eighth Great Wonder to find an introducer who has great contacts across such a disparate range of names.

Incidentally, of the many great religions, only one, the Abrahamic one called Christianity, has a holy book they call "the Bible". A significant element but not a huge proportion of the whole religious world population.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back