Domain Broker/Agent?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

sooty

Established Member
Impact
10
Is there such a thing as a domain broker or agent, who will go out to end-users or others to promote your domain and get the highest price possible, then take say 20%, is there such a thing, or people offering this service?

Obviously the margins are pretty small at the low end of the spectrum, but for big domains, I would have thought there is a market.

I, for one, would certainly love for someone to take out the hassle and try to get a good price for my domains.

Any takers?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Sure...Sedo has them,If a buyer is interested and wants to buy without negotiating with DN seller or making an offer to the DN seller,They have the option to go right to a sedo broker and begin negotiations,This does'nt mean you have to sell at the brokers price.It just means the broker will be the mediator for the sale.
 
0
•••
Sedo has them ???
They have them once you have a buyer, thats all.
Their so called "active marketing" is a big hype, and they charge you 10% basically only for the escrow transaction.

From a sellers point of view Sedo is no real broker, they are just another marketplace ;)

From a buyers point of view Sedo maybe act as some kind of broker, as they will contact a domain owner on your behalf (but first you must pay for a appraisal of the desired domain).

Basically you can get a person easyly doing this for you if the name you wanna sell is arround $1.000 (ore more).

Just ask here or at other forums.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
do you mean one thousand dollars or one dollar?
 
0
•••
One thousand
 
0
•••
Anything below that I guess is just not worth it.

Shame, because I would be willing to split 50/50 the proceeds of some of my $xx to $xxx domains.
 
0
•••
nRnF said:
Sedo has them ???
They have them once you have a buyer, thats all.
Their so called "active marketing" is a big hype, and they charge you 10% basically only for the escrow transaction.

From a sellers point of view Sedo is no real broker, they are just another marketplace ;)

From a buyers point of view Sedo maybe act as some kind of broker, as they will contact a domain owner on your behalf (but first you must pay for a appraisal of the desired domain).

Basically you can get a person easyly doing this for you if the name you wanna sell is arround $1.000 (ore more).

Just ask here or at other forums.


Your correct,It's only after you have a buyer,I agree aswell,Nothing more than middle person at best.So your correct on the above.
 
0
•••
sooty said:
Anything below that I guess is just not worth it.

Shame, because I would be willing to split 50/50 the proceeds of some of my $xx to $xxx domains.

I wouldn't say it's limited to $xxxx domains, I'm sure you can find someone who would agree to smaller transactions. Just wait, maybe someone will notice this thread :)
 
0
•••
Sooty

I just read your post from yesterday. I was looking through my domains this morning and decided it was time to search out some companies that might be interested. I had the same thought you did. There must be someone out there that would send domains to companies that might be interested. I guess from the replies you got, there just isn't any such service. I have reg. DomainEndUser and if I ever get the time I would like to start a domain end user site for just this purpose.
 
0
•••
patches said:
Sooty

I just read your post from yesterday. I was looking through my domains this morning and decided it was time to search out some companies that might be interested. I had the same thought you did. There must be someone out there that would send domains to companies that might be interested. I guess from the replies you got, there just isn't any such service. I have reg. DomainEndUser and if I ever get the time I would like to start a domain end user site for just this purpose.

it is a nice idea but the logistics are tricky
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back