Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi..

I m new to this domain business...

one of my domains was appraised for $4000....can i sell it for a
much higher price?....Thanks..........

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Of course. You can sell your domain for any price you want, as long as you are able to find a willing buyer. Is your name worth more than $4000 to you?

A domain appraisal is just an estimate of a domain's worth, so be careful about putting too much stock into what an appraiser says your name is worth. Many paid appraisal companies will give your name an artificially high number for whatever reason. The true value of a name is whatever a buyer will pay you for it.

•••
Depends who appraised it, most likely you would be looking at closer to a tenth that price ... What was the domain ?

•••
Righto, is your domain name listed already here in the "Appraisals Forum"? Or, you can list it here for commenting ... along with where it was appraised for that amount and when (any associated link may be helpful, too).
With more information we stand ready to assist ... fairly and honestly, and to the best of our abilities.
Thanks and Welcome to Namepros! :talk:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Righto, is your domain name listed already here in the "Appraisals Forum"? Or, you can list it here for commenting ... along with where it was appraised for that amount and when (any associated link may be helpful, too).
With more information we stand ready to assist ... fairly and honestly, and to the best of our abilities.
Thanks and Welcome to Namepros! :talk:
-Jeff B-)
exactly.

Also, you might want to try searching for "end user" in this forum

•••
Yeah I would have to agree with csmaster2005, finding a end user might help with the sales of your domain(s).

•••
Thanks for the help guys.....

•••
Originally posted by incognito
Thanks for the help guys.....

You're welcome ... guess the domain name is remaining "incognito"? :blink:
All the best!
B-)

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
Of course. You can sell your domain for any price you want, as long as you are able to find a willing buyer. Is your name worth more than $4000 to you?

Couldnt have put it better myself ill just add this, for the domain to be worth $4000 it has got to be able to generate you $4000+ a year..

-=BP=-

•••
Originally posted by Blackpanther
Couldnt have put it better myself ill just add this, for the domain to be worth $4000 it has got to be able to generate you $4000+ a year..

-=BP=-

its not going to cost you $4000 each year thow, thats a once off, and after you use it for as long as you want odds are it will have gone up in price if its a common use word fraze or name, so you could get your 4000 back.

•••
i agree with Qbert the name can also be treated as an investment and as far the domain market goes it ihas rebounded and domain value should go up with time

•••
it is always a question about supply and demand. if it's a good name it could be worth much much more. try to get appraisals at some more places before you even consider selling. but dont trust the appraisals too much. especially if it has a local value for you in some way that might not be known in general.

good luck!

•••
what is the domain u have?

•••
some people appraise high, i had designedtemplates.com appraised at WHT for $400+, I haven't been able to sell it for $15

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back