Domain Empire

discuss Domain already for sale!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainCairn

Established Member
Impact
Curious to know if this has happened to anyone else, and also how can this happen?

I have a domain that I hand-regd, and while skimming the pages at Flippa I see MY domain listed for sale as Make Offer!
I contact Flippa support but havent heard back yet. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
How would this be possible since I hand-regd (have never had any interaction with this other person) and whois has my name and info as the contact.

I do not know how this can happen since you have to verify ownership of a domain before it can be listed. And since this person is not the owner, how was it approved to be listed?

thoughts....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It might be registered and listed before.

•••
Yeah I suppose that could be the case. idk.

•••
The previous owner probably dropped it and never removed it from Flipa

•••
Yes, It might be a drop of the seller and the seller forgot to remove it from Flippa. (You have regd this after the previous owner dropped the name).

You can send a request to Flippa to remove the previous listing via their support.

•••
that is exactly what happened.

got to active listing, click to report it.. say its yours.
works for me
gl

•••
•••
It happens all the time on afternic and some others.

•••
Yes, it happened many times with me. Whenever I see my domains listed in any marketplace, I send a high offer, never to receive any response from lister.

•••
Yes, it happened many times with me. Whenever I see my domains listed in any marketplace, I send a high offer, never to receive any response from lister.

That's mean but funny.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back