Dynadot

Domain Age Important?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rinkuji

Top Member
Impact
Is Domain Age Important when Selling / Buying Domains?
I just saw DomainsDomains.com sold here for $450.
I like when these kind of sell happens on NamePros. Both Buyer and Seller Congrats. It is really nice name.
My Q is regarding this Sell. This domain is 19 yrs old.
1) If domain was just Reg and has zero Age will all buyers go for it same as now just cuz of good name. OR they stop lot before their current bids cuz it don't have age.
Seniors pls clarify. Especially all bidders @wwwweb @italsat @bazabizo @Saeid Nejati @stub @iAchilles

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Old registration in an WIPO defense is only good if you are the old registrant. Every time a domain is sold or dropped and then registered by a new party, it is considered a "New" registration subject to "bad faith registration" if a TM exists before the "New" registration. As TM regs grow, many "old" and "new" regs will be severely limited in usability. Buyer be aware.

well, hard to prove, that you didn´t own it. I mean all the high end IP lawyers probably know how to prove, that you were not registrant before. But I don´t think anyone will.

•••
it depends on the kind of buyer. Some buyers feel age is important and others concentrate more on the seo . Also i prefer to mention age to the buyer if the domain is older than or equal to 10 years.

•••
If a good domain is aged it makes it better than just a good name. An aged poor name is just old..

•••
The question comes back again- Is domain age an important factor to consider? I think the short answer to this should be yes, though it still is a debatable issue. No matter how small weight it has, but the essence is that it does have some teeny tiny role in the ranking parameters of the Search Engines

•••
The SEO with google being preferred isn't really that true. Google prefer what they prefer if you want to experiment with a 20 year old domain I might let you.

•••
Short answer: no
Long answer: yes

•••
Is Domain Age Important when Selling / Buying Domains?
I just saw DomainsDomains.com sold here for $450.
I like when these kind of sell happens on NamePros. Both Buyer and Seller Congrats. It is really nice name.
My Q is regarding this Sell. This domain is 19 yrs old.
1) If domain was just Reg and has zero Age will all buyers go for it same as now just cuz of good name. OR they stop lot before their current bids cuz it don't have age.
Seniors pls clarify. Especially all bidders @wwwweb @italsat @bazabizo @Saeid Nejati @stub @iAchilles
for end user, age doesn't matter,
but (if it is aged domain) to make it on higher price, you can sell it actually on higher price, if you can convince the endures that this domain already have some generic traffic that will help his/her business.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It is the old adage 'the customer is always right' meaning if the buyer thinks it is important, is; if the buyer doesn't think it matters, it doesn't.

If only longevity meant a lot. I let a name go I've had (hate to admit it) for 14 years...back to the pool it went. Although an offer for 100 just before it expired came in, I let it go. The same person had contacted me a few years ago with the same offer but they made the mistake of saying 'told you so' in the most recent offer. It's true that money is money whether it is a dollar or ten thousand dollars (latter is better) but I gave myself the gift of him/her having to look every day to see if they can get it once it is dropped...odds are they won't.

Rather than age I look at searches, ranking and all the other things that should be considered...if has age on it as well that is a bonus. Of course this is only my opinion and we know what that is worth...the same amount the domain mentioned above sold for...0 :)

•••
Some buyers feel age is important, how long the domain has been in business while others concentrate more on the seo value it can provide.

•••
Age is a contributing factor.

•••
ordinarily from a domainer's standpoint age accumulates value. but for an end-use who doesn't make buying and selling domains his business it's irrelevant

•••
it depends upon how you sell

•••
Domain age showcases the trust factor, and hence it helps regarding SEO, but it is not the only major factor. Another alternative to domain age is to focus on the popularity of domain; trend is what many people and search engines are concerned about these days

•••
Analyze all those things on online also directly interact with the domain experts...

•••

Are you 100%? I mean. this is good news for me if this is true =) Up until a few years back Google favored aged domains, old PBNs etc, EMD etc etc

I assume they changed those things around over the last few years?

•••
well, hard to prove, that you didn´t own it. I mean all the high end IP lawyers probably know how to prove, that you were not registrant before. But I don´t think anyone will.
Seriously ?
One can easily look up the date you became registrant in the whois record, current and past registrants.
Cheers

•••
Seriously ?
One can easily look up the date you became registrant in the whois record, current and past registrants.
Cheers

Really? You are very smart.
do me a quick one. When did domain owner change take place on h/e/e/r/d/e/n .com
Let me know. Also who where the last registrants. And prove that the owner changed.
if thats so easy

Last edited:
•••
Really? You are very smart.
do me a quick one. When did domain owner change take place on h/e/e/r/d/e/n .com
Let me know. Also who where the last registrants. And prove that the owner changed.
if thats so easy

my guess is
2016-09-10T09:40:35.000Z

Domain Name: H/EE/R/DEN/./COM

Updated Date: 08-aug-2015
Creation Date: 07-jul-2000

Domain Name: HEERDEN.COM

Updated Date: 2015-06-08T04:30:37Z
Creation Date: 2000-07-07T08:43:16Z

Registrar URL: http://1and1.com
Updated Date: 2016-09-10T09:40:35.000Z
Creation Date: 2000-07-07T08:43:16.000Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-07-0

•••
my guess is
2016-09-10T09:40:35.000Z

Domain Name: H/EE/R/DEN/./COM

Updated Date: 08-aug-2015
Creation Date: 07-jul-2000

Domain Name: HEERDEN.COM

Updated Date: 2015-06-08T04:30:37Z
Creation Date: 2000-07-07T08:43:16Z

Registrar URL: http://1and1.com
Updated Date: 2016-09-10T09:40:35.000Z
Creation Date: 2000-07-07T08:43:16.000Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-07-0

You are very smart also. We all know that.
Joker
Send that info to WIPO and they will belive you for sure.

Last edited:
•••
You are very smart also. We all know that.
Joker
Send that info to WIPO and they will belive you for sure.

and now: the true dates please!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back