Dynadot

discuss Does This Spell The End For Marijuana Domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I came across this article that can be found here.

I know alot of domainers invested in weed domains; I have a few myself. So when i came across this article I was a bit curious and concerned about what may be in store for not just the marijuana industry but domainers who invested in this niche. I've even seen websites dedicated to only weed domains. Will it affect sales if this continue in this direction?

Here is a snippet:

"Trump’s press secretary, Sean Spicer, alarmed the burgeoning legal-marijuana industry on February 23, when he said the Trump administration might practice “greater enforcement” of federal drug laws than the Obama administration had. Federal law bans the use of marijuana, even though eight states and the District of Columbia have declared pot legal for recreational use. Federal law trumps state law, but Obama said in 2012 that the US government had “bigger fish to fry” and essentially wouldn’t enforce the federal law. That led to a surge of investment in marijuana, which is now an $8 billion business in those states.

If Trump begins to enforce the federal ban on marijuana, however, it’s likely to choke the whole industry—with Lee one of the first likely victims. “In the business, people are freaking out,” Lee tells Yahoo Finance. “A lot of us were huge Trump supporters, and still are. But people are running scared, and deals are falling apart. That comment [about greater enforcement] is in direct contradiction to the America-first principle he’s talking about.”
If Trump begins to enforce the federal ban on marijuana, however, it’s likely to choke the whole industry."

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
...not too concerned as far as medical marijuana and industrial hemp domain names go.
Taking it off schedule 1 will help the industry even more and I do see it happening sooner than later...

•••
CBDAS.com
IsraeliCannabinoids.com
see CannaBlissDomains.com
Not scared, just evolving and developing around pharmaceutical industry, niches and EliteStrains.com

•••
CBDAS.com
IsraeliCannabinoids.com
see CannaBlissDomains.com
Not scared, just evolving and developing around pharmaceutical industry, niches and EliteStrains.com

mmjpharmaceutical// com
mmjpharmaceuticals// com

MedicalMarijuana.Healthcare with
MedicalmarijuanaHealthcare//com

MMJ.Healthcare with
MMJHealthcare// com

...just go with the present flow...

•••
or some dual use...
(smile)
Chonged.com
HeadEscape.com
MadCrazyFun.com
Funkerton.com
Funkola.com
Funkertons.com
MadFunky.com

•••
I paid high xx,xxx for cannabis.online and marijuana.online I still think it's a safe bet.

•••
CannaGem.com
EndorsedMarijuana.com
MarijuanaArena.com

$5 each ?

•••
I am not worried at all, now lets all Smoke420.com :cigar:

•••
CannabisFlavors.net; brownies, cookies, candies, your favorite drinks.
CannabisVapeFlavors.com; nothing like vaping blueberry, peach, watermelon, ice cream flavored THC, for medical purposes of course.

•••
stick with medical & pharmaceutical terms + edible style names

Cheers
Corey

•••
IsraelMarijuana.com
EatThc.com
Loan420.com
App420.com
LeafVape.com
CbdThc1.com
24cbd.com

Not worried at all

•••
It would not have any effect on medical marijuana moreover i'd go on to say more and more countries will go after medical marijuana only if they can handle big corporate pharma companies.

•••
Got DutchJoint.com, StockWeed.com, GradedPot.com, PotServe.com, FinestCanna.com. Not scared at all.

•••
Some of us have bought pot related names before a single US state legalised it.

So I am not sure how this fools comments spells the end of MJ names. Ita a growth sector for sure.

Best I have left is pot prices . com.

•••
Some of us have bought pot related names before a single US state legalised it.

So I am not sure how this fools comments spells the end of MJ names. Ita a growth sector for sure.

Best I have left is pot prices . com.

Nice!
I've got WeedValues.com

Can be a reference to prices OR finding " cheap weed".

•••
stick with medical & pharmaceutical terms + edible style names

Cheers
Corey

Thanks for that advice just regged FoodTHC.com

•••
The alcohol, opioid and prison industries are pushing this. Pathetic corrupt government we have in America.

•••
The alcohol, opioid and prison industries are pushing this. Pathetic corrupt government we have in America.

I agree. But now that Trump is in.

CCA stock I predict will go up.
CCA Corrections Company of America. Privatized building of prisons.

So maybe time to buy more of this stock?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Trump claims to be working for all Americans. We will see !
History suggests the "Public Servants" out of DC cannot stop
the momentum. We the People. Never forget :)
Even If it take 10 yrs it's still a low investment in most extensions.
Keep buying !

•••
That article was a whole lot of nothing. Most of the media is in a frenzy to get as much anti Trump content published as possible. The headlines are always exaggerated and pretentious, then the actual content is full of nothing but speculation. It is rampant and it is really sad.

I highly doubt Trump is going to mess with the legal marijuana industry.

Last edited:
•••
•••
There's too much demand or it for Trump to have much affect as far as domains go.

•••
I might let some drop. I have too many now. But, I have some non-US geo domains, too. (Canada) So, I guess you can say that I don't have all my eggs in a US basket.

Worried, am I? No. But, I may have to wait a few more years. Besides, this might end up as a great buying opportunity if other people drop some good names.

Last edited:
•••
I might let some drop. I have too many now. But, I have some non-US geo domains, too. (Canada) So, I guess you can say that I don't have all my eggs in a US basket.

Worried, am I? No. But, I may have to wait a few more years. Besides, this might end up as a great buying opportunity if other people drop some good names.

I'm dropping them for $100 each
Any takers? Lol:xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back