Domain Empire

discuss Does having your domain listed at multiple marketplaces affect buyers negatively?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jay Ha

Exploring..Top Member
Impact
Like I have this adult domain that I have listed at undeveloped and I also have it on my efty marketplace. During the past week or so I have been noticing that every couple of days I get a non-bouncing session (on both my efty marketplace and undeveloped) from Netherlands so I assume it is the same person. The sessions' durations are between 7 minutes and 12 minutes.

My assumption is that this is a buyer that googled the name and found it listed on both platforms but can't decide which listing is 'legit'.

Has any of you fellow NPers gone through the same scenario and would like to share how they handled it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
During the past week or so I have been noticing that every couple of days I get a non-bouncing session (on both my efty marketplace and undeveloped) from Netherlands so I assume it is the same person. The sessions' durations are between 7 minutes and 12 minutes.

It may be bot traffic, may not be a human.
If it's human s/he may be comparing other names or may be a busy person with other things, so the page stays open for 7-12 minutes. Most likely it's a bot traffic especially if it has a periodical nature. Human visits a page at random intervals.

Listing at multiple marketplace raises visibility, It shouldn't create "legibility" question in a buyer. Because buyer is secured by marketplaces. If a domain is not legit buyer receives refund from marketplace.

•••
List in all non exclusive marketplaces.

Avoid using anyone’s landing pages and paying needless commission for low value - create your own.

•••
When I want to buy a domain, I will check it at several marketplaces, because the pricing may not be the same across sites. On one occasion I purchased through MLS at Dynadot as it was cheaper.

•••
Wow I almoat forgot I posted this question.. Thanks, responders!

Most likely it's a bot traffic especially if it has a periodical nature.

I thought bots only bounce?

Avoid using anyone’s landing pages and paying needless commission for low value - create your own

Undeveloped and efty are my go to services until my own hosted marketplace is up.

When I want to buy a domain, I will check it at several marketplaces, because the pricing may not be the same across sites.

So that Netherlands visitor is either a bot or a domainer.. I have BIN at undeveloped but a make offer on my efty marketplace.

This brings up another question: you think it is worth it to place BINs at different marketplaces and risk getting banned if someone clicks the buy button at more than one venue? (Does this even happen?)

Anyway, no visits were recorded since posting this thread.. oh well!

•••
Wow I almoat forgot I posted this question.. Thanks, responders!

I thought bots only bounce?

Bots can browse webpages like humans, can load all or some page elements including stat scripts, can follow (click on) the links. It's very difficult to interpret webstatistics if you haven't spent couple of years in website management.

Bots may bounce or may not bounce. You can not know if the visitor is a bot just from bounce.. However sometimes bots crawl the website extremely quickly, can load 100 internal pages in 10 seconds and you know for sure it can not be human.

European traffic, Netherlands in particular, is one of the biggest VPN traffic source. Most VPN services have servers in Netherlands by default due to the good privacy laws in Europe. So you can not conclude easily that visitor is not a human after you found the visitor IP is a server IP in Netherlands. Human doesn't visit from a server IP, unless it's a VPN. Therefore, you can not know true location which is the main advantage of a VPN customer.

Last edited:
•••
Multi market listings just raises the number of places you can get impressions into your buyers heads.

Branding theory 101 says that's good and helps your potential buyers talk themselves into the purchase.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back