Dynadot

question Does German domains sell?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Marinexorp

Established Member
Impact
I would like to know some more ideas about selling German domains, is that a good thing to try to sell .de domains/ or possible,

I have registered a domain
gegenseitigefonds.de
Mutual funds

Is this good to do and try to sell any of these?

Please share your experience

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder if a group of monkeys left with a german typewriter in a room for 1,000,000 years would eventually evolve to the level of being able to present Frank with a good solid German domain name.

•••
•••
Yes, German domains sell. Being a Dutch domainer I'm also active in the German and French market. And seeing the backorder auctions on some backordering platforms the market is very, very active.

•••
I wonder if a group of monkeys left with a german typewriter in a room for 1,000,000 years would eventually evolve to the level of being able to present Frank with a good solid German domain name.

maybe monkeys won't quite do it

•••
...don't be so rude while trying to deceive people,
I have seen your questions like how to use GoDaddy? Who asks that but you,
If you don't know anything you ask, just as I will ask on same way, I hope you are ok

and I still have no clue about GoDaddy

•••
•••
Suchtbehandlung.de doesn't resolve since 2006.

I just grabbed Suchtbehandlung.com to see if that would sell.

Suchtbehandlung means Addiction Treatment.

GODaddy suggests the following price (in their Swedish version with the $ sign after the amount like we do in Swedish, even though we don't do that for $ prices). Yet another language misunderstanding.

So try to guess. Why is there no hyphen in this domain name.

suchtbehandlung.com
icn-godaddy-valuation.png
Beräknat värde: 786 $ (USD)

Last edited:
•••
.com domain is much better than .de. with .de domain is beneficial within country. But .com is globally beneficial.

•••
•••
Haven't really been active on domain forums for ages, but I'm happy that I stumbled upon this entertaining thread today. ;) To answer the OP's question:

Yes, German domains do sell. Unfortunately, a lot of the domains you see for sale on forums and marketplaces are just plain wrong translations of the English keyword, i.e. "gegenseitige Fonds". That just doesn't exist. Take this advice from a German working in the finance industry. ;) Sorry to break it to you, but your domain is worthless. Let it expire.

Finally: No, .com is not better than .DE for German domains. Germans will use .DE for German keyword domains 99% of the time. Other extensions aren't really in use here, unless a business feels like it has absolutely no choice but having to resort to .COM. For brand names this is obviously different, but for keyword domains .DE is king in Germany.

•••
•••
I picked up TheReef.de from expired domains and sold it about 6 months later for BIN $500 from the landing page.

•••
Haven't really been active on domain forums for ages, but I'm happy that I stumbled upon this entertaining thread today. ;) To answer the OP's question:

Yes, German domains do sell. Unfortunately, a lot of the domains you see for sale on forums and marketplaces are just plain wrong translations of the English keyword, i.e. "gegenseitige Fonds". That just doesn't exist. Take this advice from a German working in the finance industry. ;) Sorry to break it to you, but your domain is worthless. Let it expire.

Finally: No, .com is not better than .DE for German domains. Germans will use .DE for German keyword domains 99% of the time. Other extensions aren't really in use here, unless a business feels like it has absolutely no choice but having to resort to .COM. For brand names this is obviously different, but for keyword domains .DE is king in Germany.
Thank you,

•••
I have 3 domains but I don't know if it will give me good return or not...

Holoag.com
Holo.ag
HOLOGRAFISCH.COM

Looking for your feedback guys.

•••
It would sell.
Check namebio
Alot our selling now

•••
I have 3 domains but I don't know if it will give me good return or not...

Holoag.com
Holo.ag
HOLOGRAFISCH.COM

Looking for your feedback guys.

drop

•••
@frank-germany could you please let me know the reason..why my domains are worthless?..I am beginner and diffidently i want to learn more about ...

•••
•••
•••
•••
I have a domain but dont know it is worth or not
Heloc.de

•••
•••
Agreed with Frank, Quality sells, be it any domain extension.
Yes....I agree with you....

Some domain seller always condemned other extension....

Because they have master .com

Quality will sell any domain name in any extension.....

•••
Yes....I agree with you....

Some domain seller always condemned other extension....

Because they have master .com

Quality will sell any domain name in any extension.....

unless you want to sell a .com to a German....

Last edited:
•••
unless you want to sell a .com to a German....
Germans, French, Aussies, Cannuck, yall love your ccTLDs and hate .com only because .com is the ccTLD of the US of A

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back