Dynadot

question Does DAN.com escrow service require ID verification?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you have sold any $xx,xxx domains using DAN escrow ... do they require you to upload an ID before they will wire you the proceeds of the sale?

🙏

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I saw some posts about how DAN did require people who wanted crypto payout, to submit passport, bill, photo holding docs. This type of painful privacy abuse seems to be popular with Crypto kyc-ing these days … so I guess even euro companies like DAN do this.

I wonder if anybody had to go through anything like this for wire transfers too?

•••
If you have sold any $xx,xxx domains using DAN escrow ... do they require you to upload an ID before they will wire you the proceeds of the sale?

🙏
I wasn't asked to provide ID, received SEPA transfer.

•••
I saw some posts about how DAN did require people who wanted crypto payout, to submit passport, bill, photo holding docs. This type of painful privacy abuse seems to be popular with Crypto kyc-ing these days … so I guess even euro companies like DAN do this.

I wonder if anybody had to go through anything like this for wire transfers too?
Whats so painful about proving who you are? Its extremely common place and you have to do it In many aspects of life. Countries with high fraud activity are scrutinized on everything financial.

They only require ID for crypto payments of any amount at this time. Above a certain threshold they may require kyc docs now that GoDaddy owns them. You can message customer service to verify.

•••
generally I'd say most painfulness comes from seeing how so many orgs are getting hacked (Equifax, epik etc) ...and all personal details are being sold and swapped on many dark web sites.

•••
I was wondering about non-crypto payouts anyway, as sending a wire to your bank account means you are known to your own bank. Anyway, it seems like id verifications are only done for crypto payouts ... if someone knows otherwise - do share.

•••
Back