IT.COM

Epik.com escrow identity verification

NameSilo
Watch

tldnamebroker

Impact
epik.com is based in the US, which unfortunately for me is synonymous to privacy violations and hostage funds.

however, I have not seen anyone reporting bad experiences with epik.com on this site other than slow disbursements.
I contacted their livechat and was told that they normally require identity verification (including selfies holding passport), but not for escrow.

I don't really have problems with ID verification, but I don't like to send my docs outside the EU, selfies is an absolute no go, and the transaction is small (below 1000 USD).

has anyone had any experience using epik.com escrow services and been asked to verify id?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
epik.com is based in the US, which unfortunately for me is synonymous to privacy violations and hostage funds.

however, I have not seen anyone reporting bad experiences with epik.com on this site other than slow disbursements.
I contacted their livechat and was told that they normally require identity verification (including selfies holding passport), but not for escrow.

I don't really have problems with ID verification, but I don't like to send my docs outside the EU, selfies is an absolute no go, and the transaction is small (below 1000 USD).

has anyone had any experience using epik.com escrow services and been asked to verify id?

@Rob Monster ?

•••

The scenario for ID verification is for fast-tracking payouts of escrow, especially for crypto.

We are working to automate payouts but that automation is tied to people having either a lot of non garbage domains at Epik or having a verified identity.

What we don't want is to be left holding the drippy bag when an anonymous seller uses a bad credit card and we get a chargeback.

Look for Masterbucks 2.0 to come online shortly. It is currently in staging undergoing some rigorous QA since it involves money. I believe it is game-changer for the industry which is getting bled by fees.

I did also reach out to the OP privately earlier today when I saw the post since it sounded like a really specific case.

•••
If you guys are suddenly going to lock recent transfers from pushes even without any notice you need to make that clear to everyone via newsletter. I have been told by your support staff that I have to verify my account to have the normal blue lock to push or transfer.

Why do I have to verify anything on a push with no money involved at Epik? Its none of your guys business if I do a push or if a buyer wants to transfer.

You guys make these arbitrary changes that invade our privacy and don't even send a notice out. There is not one other register out there that requires identity verification to perform a simple push. A lock is one thing. A total lock with no ability to push and demands for ID is an invasion of privacy.

•••

well... sometimes when people aren't saying bad stuff about a company.. its just because there isn't much bad stuff to say about it.

no need to be suprised then.

around here everyone knows epik as reliable topclass place to deal with. with owner being easily reachable to help and support too. i mean where else do you get that...

•••
If you guys are suddenly going to lock recent transfers from pushes even without any notice you need to make that clear to everyone via newsletter. I have been told by your support staff that I have to verify my account to have the normal blue lock to push or transfer.

Why do I have to verify anything on a push with no money involved at Epik? Its none of your guys business if I do a push or if a buyer wants to transfer.

You guys make these arbitrary changes that invade our privacy and don't even send a notice out. There is not one other register out there that requires identity verification to perform a simple push. A lock is one thing. A total lock with no ability to push and demands for ID is an invasion of privacy.

Think. Would rob even ask for your id from u
the support staff probably assumed you’ve never seen or talked to Rob a day in your life.

What @alcy said;befor asked Rob waive the dreaded 60-lock.. it was done seamless.

Trust Rob.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
All - I wanted to post here to let you know the following as there seems to be some confusion due to prior posts made here.

1. INTERNAL pushes are allowed and all Epik accounts are enabled to use this feature. Account Verification is NOT required to do this.

2. We have two types of Verifications at Epik
a. Account Verification - used for fast-tracking Masterbucks cashouts and specific registrations such as .CN registrations as some Registries require additional information to complete the domain registration.

b. Validation - used for failed transactions/CC issues or when a customer needs updates done on their account but cannot supply their account PIN #. This is the validation/verification that requires a selfie ID and/or CC to be supplied.

3. Epik Escrow is it's own secure selling/purchasing feature where an Epik rep actually communicates directly with both the seller and buyer. In most cases no additional verification is necessary or requested.

If further clarification is needed on any of the above points, feel free to reach out to me directly. Thank you all for your loyalty to Epik!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back