IT.COM

question Does anyone have a .tel domain ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi guys, please help me out here.
I am interested to see if anyone has a .tel domain name. I want to see what type of options you have in the control panel over there.

Can someone help me with some screenshots of the control panel for their in-house hosting solution?

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Those restrictions were removed. .tel names are no different to manage than any other. Can be any registrar too.

I have only one, but I know others that have many.

I have esports.tel

•••
I'm sorry. Did you use .tel and domain in the same sentence?

Those restrictions were removed. .tel names are no different to manage than any other.

Jokes aside: so you're now not restricted to the control panel? You can do actual development and nameserver pointing now??

•••
People will tell you that you will fail in 90% of the cases for more than one reason:
- they are jealous
- limited knowledge
- lack of confidence
Or maybe they just want to help ?

•••
Does it pay to have a .tel ? I saw it is more than a .com, i saw places where it was $20 - $30

•••
I want to create a similar platform with a free subdomain on tel.re - equivalent of .tel domains, but for free. That is why I wanted to see how their control panel looks like, to see what they are offering.

•••
I want to create a similar platform with a free subdomain on tel.re - equivalent of .tel domains, but for free. That is why I wanted to see how their control panel looks like, to see what they are offering.

Why don't you register or buy a .tel domain? That way you can find out.

•••
Because I will not use it for nothing and I would rather buy something else. But in the end if no one will help me, I will buy it.
People don't help each other anymore...

Last edited:
•••
Because I will not use it for nothing and I would rather buy something else. But in the end if no one will help me, I will buy it.
People don't help each other anymore...

People help all the time. The cost of a .tel domain is under $11. Which would answer you questions for a whole year rather than a one time hit replying to this thread, in sporadic replies to your question. If you cannot afford that price for the knowledge you would gain, I think your project is going to have extremely limited scope. IMHO. When you could get this information in a comprehensive fashion for 1 whole year for an outlay of <$11. I'm just saying. It seems worth it to me. Even if I don't really understand what you are trying to do. Did you get any replies?

Last edited:
•••
I got a private message but that is not the point. I am not trying to copy 100% of the functionality anyway so does not matter that much.

People will tell you that you will fail in 90% of the cases for more than one reason:
- they are jealous
- limited knowledge
- lack of confidence

I have the money to buy that domain, but i don't want to do it, it is a whole different thing.

In the end, I would buy one to test some things, but not at the moment.

•••
Where did I say you would fail? What I said was that if you are not prepared to pay <$11 to get your answer from the horse's mouth for a complete year (which would provide you with so much more than a few screen shots), then, IMHO, your project is going to have extremely limited scope. And I also said that I don't really understand what you are trying to do.

•••
•••
@Silentptnr has it right -- you can set it up for hosting or pointing using Nameservers. I have a few pointed to Eftydns in my Efty Account.

Regards,
DN

•••
I think I paid 4.99 or something.

•••
Namecheap is 10.88
NameSilo is 10.79
Dynadot is 10.99

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back