Dynadot

information Does a Trigger-Happy Domain Industry Deserve Good Leaders?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Over the years, I’ve seen beginners get scammed time and time again. By people who sell them dreams, by registries which release fake sales (even before the new gTLD craze!), by those who sell picks&shovels despite knowing there’s no gold out there and so on. My first instinct has always been feeling sorry for them and it still is… but with a twist.
Put yourself in the position of a true domaining industry leader: you’re probably someone who has quite a bit of money and all of the tools you need to lead a comfortable life are at your disposal. An industry leader could easily retire but most of them do have a burning desire to have their voice heard. So they start a blog, perhaps join a forum or participate in the industry in another manner. Great.
Which brings me to the second aspect I’ve noticed about domaining, the fact that our industry isn’t exactly the most supportive in the world. When an industry leader launches a project, most people (the overwhelming, OVERWHELMING majority) don’t care. Some are downright negative about it and maybe, maybe a few help spread the word through a tweet or at least have a kind word to share...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
take me to your leader

who chooses your leader, and while you're following that leader..... where are you being lead?

imo....

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back