Do you use REGISTERFLY? Read ASAP!

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

brizzad

Established Member
Impact
2
I recently noticed a charge on my credit card for $31.99. It was listed as "Hosting Services".. after looking around I see that in months past they've charged me $9.99 multiple times. I called the number on my CC statement, and they directed me to a toll free number (877-227-9087) however when I call, even during normal business hours, I get a recording saying they're unavailable.

After calling the numbers, the name "HostingFly" was mentioned. I know 100% for a fact I've never purchased hosting through them. I went to hostingfly.com and their logo looks almost exactly like registerfly's. I contacted a friend who also buys domains through registerfly and got him to sign on to his bank's website to check his account. Sure enough he's got 4 charges from the same "Hosting Services" group.

If you've recently (within 2 months) bought domains from registerfly, I strongly urge you to check your bank account/credit card for a charge from "Hosting Services" or HostingFly. The charges on my account were for $9.99 and $31.99 - the charges on a friend's account were $2.99 $3.18 $4.00 and $7.99.

If you've got "Hosting Services" charges or more info on this, please post here. Also, I know right after you buy domains, you have the option to purchase hosting too, I check religiously that those little boxes are NOT checked, so that's definitely not the case.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back