Dynadot

discuss Do you trust parking companies?

NameSilo
Watch

domainsg

Established Member
Impact
what makes a domain gets some traffic when you add it with a parking company and the same domain will get more traffic if you add it with another company?
does this happen to your domains?
if you add it with company A maybe it gets 4 or 10 visitors a day
but if you add it with company B it may get more than 40 visitors

what makes the a click in one company worth 5 or 10$ but the click for the same domain with another parking company worth .01 and .02

i really wonder how do these parking companies manage their reports?

and how can some one make sure that they are real and trusted reports?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain will not get more/less traffic when changing parking companies. What changes is what you see in their report section. The traffic stays the same but it's measured differently like different website counters measure traffic differently.

As for the earnings, that's a whole different story which needs a whole forum section to be explained. Your best bet is to read the traffic monetization section in this forum if you want to learn more.

Don't judge in haste, lots of mistakes happen that way.

•••
Domain will not get more/less traffic when changing parking companies. What changes is what you see in their report section. The traffic stays the same but it's measured differently like different website counters measure traffic differently.

As for the earnings, that's a whole different story which needs a whole forum section to be explained. Your best bet is to read the traffic monetization section in this forum if you want to learn more.

Don't judge in haste, lots of mistakes happen that way.

can you put here one or 2 threads from the traffic monetization section that explain the earning and the trust reports issues cause i moved there first and searched but didnt get what i am looking for..

Last edited:
•••
and by the way i am not judging i am asking and i have read alot of topics talking about the parking thing but there is no alot of talk about the earning and the trust issue

•••
No. Some things just don't make sense to me. Dozens of clicks and only 2 cents, not once or twice, but consistently?

•••
parking revenues went down by the tons in last years.. no doubt parking companies did waht they "had to do" to adjust... as in.. do or die.. survival... close down or reduce your cut to stay alive type of thing.

im not saying its nice.. I'm just saying it shouildn't be suprising.

imo

•••
do you trust parking companies?

do you trust bankers?

most people don't, but they still have savings and checking accounts

:)

well, it's about the same with parking

i trust that if i earn anything, i will get paid
and i have some level of confidence, that those striving to stay at top of pile, endeavor to improve services.

though differences in (epc) earnings per click, may be due to which advertisers feed, that respective service uses and/or whether it's 0 click, 1 click, 2 click etc.

imo....

•••
^ not getting the banking analogy.

My answer is NO, because the payment system is not transparent.

For example, a bank charges account fees, and pays interest, at the end of the month. They don't intercept your rev stream then tell me at the end of how much I made.

If I park my goods on Ebay, or Etsy, etc. the payments (from their traffic monitored hosted pages) go directly into my account, and I pay them their cut at the end after the sale.

Adding direct PayPal or Stripe payment links to banners would be less admin, and they can do account payout splits and notifications in real time.

•••
Not at all, they are also cheaters, like all affiliates.

•••
No. Some things just don't make sense to me. Dozens of clicks and only 2 cents, not once or twice, but consistently?
as far as i know the minimum click with english advertisements is .01 but with the other adversitements from other countires maybe more cheap because the advertisers there may pay cheap for the clicks and they pay with their own currency
so if your domain is related to one of those countries so it may makes sense but consistently? i really dont know this is my two cents

•••
parking revenues went down by the tons in last years.. no doubt parking companies did waht they "had to do" to adjust... as in.. do or die.. survival... close down or reduce your cut to stay alive type of thing.

im not saying its nice.. I'm just saying it shouildn't be suprising.

imo
i am really alittle bit new to the parking so i have no idea about the that drop, i used to park my domains because there is chance that you get some offers via the offer page in parking but since afew of them seem to get some hits so i started to ask about this business

•••
do you trust parking companies?

do you trust bankers?

most people don't, but they still have savings and checking accounts

well, it's about the same with parking

i trust that if i earn anything, i will get paid
and i have some level of confidence, that those striving to stay at top of pile, endeavor to improve services.

though differences in (epc) earnings per click, may be due to which advertisers feed, that respective service uses and/or whether it's 0 click, 1 click, 2 click etc.

imo....
your opinion is interesting
but the issue is different in my opinion
with bankers every thing is done in front of your eyes and there are authorities you can complain if you feel that there is some thing wrong , but with parking companies they decide every thing, and they make your own reports, they decide that that is how many visitors your got, that's how many clicks you got and that's what you will be paid, you know what i mean ? and there is no even a third party to make sure that every thing is right and ok

•••
when i used "bankers", i was thinking of wells fargo for instance, which was accused of creating fake bank accounts for customers

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/fkmm45eegei/where-wells-went-wrong/#456a93103ecf

and that, wasn't done in the open.

but a goog search will show other scandals within the financial services industry and they didn't do what they did, in the open either.

with ppc's, since you're using their services, then they retain "the right to decide their share" for providing what they provide.

as for verification of visitors, they don't decide how many you got, as server stats or adsense or even moving from one ppc to another will give indication of true averages.

still, some ppc's will have columns for "impressions" and others may only count "unique" visitors and some may count "bots" and others may not.

the only decision they make in that respect, is how much of that data to report or define

but how much you get paid, is again, based on which feed, your keywords, template used, links shown, origination of visitors, etc, etc.and including, what that respective services takes off the top for providing all of that.

so, whether it's a bank or a ppc, you still have choices..... to use or not to use.

imo....

•••
Great questions in the op and I wish I knew the answers.

For the last two months I have been moving my names around in a very methodical way and what surprises me the most is that no one parking service does everything...not big things, but small things that would make a difference to those of us that own/rent the domains.

One company clearly pays attention to the names listed with it and does its best to tag the name properly yet the payout is nil...another company has great payouts but they let the bots do the work. There is one glaring issue one company has that blows my mind they have not fixed/addressed in their coding.

As I said before...give me half a mil and parking as we know it would change (for those of us with mid and low grade names---the big hit names have no problems since they monetize differently).

•••
its really hard to trust somebody who receives money
for your traffic
and shares an unknown percentage of that money with you

and this party having a different aim in their business
as you may have with that domain

and I really don't get it
why parking companies
that are well established

would want to buy another parking company
( most probably having the same customer / domain base )

and now
how do they pay those acquisition?

•••
^ not getting the banking analogy.

My answer is NO, because the payment system is not transparent.

For example, a bank charges account fees, and pays interest, at the end of the month. They don't intercept your rev stream then tell me at the end of how much I made.

If I park my goods on Ebay, or Etsy, etc. the payments (from their traffic monitored hosted pages) go directly into my account, and I pay them their cut at the end after the sale.

Adding direct PayPal or Stripe payment links to banners would be less admin, and they can do account payout splits and notifications in real time.

that's really what i mean

•••
•••
Great questions in the op and I wish I knew the answers.

For the last two months I have been moving my names around in a very methodical way and what surprises me the most is that no one parking service does everything...not big things, but small things that would make a difference to those of us that own/rent the domains.

One company clearly pays attention to the names listed with it and does its best to tag the name properly yet the payout is nil...another company has great payouts but they let the bots do the work. There is one glaring issue one company has that blows my mind they have not fixed/addressed in their coding.

As I said before...give me half a mil and parking as we know it would change (for those of us with mid and low grade names---the big hit names have no problems since they monetize differently).

yes there is really some difference between the companies and their services but i hope it's not worse more than that

•••
its really hard to trust somebody who receives money
for your traffic
and shares an unknown percentage of that money with you

and this party having a different aim in their business
as you may have with that domain

and I really don't get it
why parking companies
that are well established

would want to buy another parking company
( most probably having the same customer / domain base )

and now
how do they pay those acquisition?
these are great points and that's exactly what i was wondering about
they do every thing for you and then they tell you that what is suppose to be
how can someone be sure that these reports are really trusted and every thing is fine?
seems no thing to do with that you only have to believe and no thing else you can do

Last edited:
•••
any new opinion about this issue?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back