IT.COM

question Do you study portfolios of other domainers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey, guys just wanted to check do you study the portfolios of other successful domain investors?

Are there any free/paid tool which shows you how the portfolios of your favor domainers evolved over time. Which ones they added and which ones they dropped/sold?

Plus who in your opinion the most successful domain investors or domainers whose portfolio that you truly love.

PS: If there is non I was thinking of doing reverse lookups the top 10 best domainers for past 7 years(quarterly data), downloading the data, cleaning and merging it in excel or python, comparing the consolidated quarterly data for 7 years with each quarter and highlighting the addition/ deletions.

Would love your recommendations for the top domainers, or if anyone is willing to help with this project (please do drop me a message)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nope. I spend 25hrs/day working on my own portfolio.

•••
Too late to study portfolios of other domainers...if they do not have their webpage or domain market publicly visible...

Now after GDPR you do not have this opportunity anymore :)

•••
•••
Huge Domains.com and DomainMarket.com are probably worthwhile studies. They both focus primarily on .Com domains. Huge Domains generally prices it's portfolio in the low $xXxX range whereas Mike Mann's DomainMarket.com tends to have better quality but many domains priced in the five figure range. Of course in both marketplaces one can question how many potential sales they lose by pricing their domains so high.

•••
Too late to study portfolios of other domainers...if they do not have their webpage or domain market publicly visible...

Now after GDPR you do not have this opportunity anymore :)

The results for the reverse look services have gone down the drain lately but still results from 2 quarters back are a lot better.

I get complimentary access for a few months to whoisolgy legendary package (which is around $270/ month) cause I reported a bug in the billing system.

Since I dont have huge capital, so willing to invest more time to analyze and see what the most successful gurus are doing. I think it might help me speed up the learning curve.

•••
Nope. I spend 25hrs/day working on my own portfolio.

Can you share the secrets to squeezing that 1+ hour from each day. I think that is a bigger superpower as compared to successful domain investing :)

•••
Can you share the secrets to squeezing that 1+ hour from each day. I think that is a bigger superpower as compared to successful domain investing :)
He must stop the time one hour a day, or he may turn back the time one hour to get the best domains out of auctions. Lol

•••
I spent a little time looking over the domain market portfolio mike Mann's sales are impressive and I consider him to be a great domainer why not learn a little bit from the type of names he buys

•••
You'll learn more from analyzing sales trends.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back