IT.COM

Do you remember ?

NameSilo
Watch

Ronny Rubinstein

Established Member
Impact
Do you remember what was the first website you ever visited on the internet ?
I remeber mine. it was cnn.com. in the year 1995 and i was using a browser called Chameleon.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I searched yahoo and then joined yahoo chat and then i started making girl friends :xf.wink:

•••
2001. Yahoo.com and several local news websites I had seen my father visit. Used one of those Dial up cards. I had noted down the password while my father was typing :xf.grin:.

•••
•••
I started using the internet in 2005, first website I visited was Google.
If I'd had been connected 3-4 years sooner, I'd probably be much richer now, as I knew from the beginning the potential of the internet and how rich you can become out of it, that was my first priority: to make money online.
Anyway, I cannot complain, life's great anyway.

•••
I think it was 100hot.com with good old netscape navigator. (prob around 1995/1996)

•••
No but I can tell you what I ate for breakfast that day.

•••
DialUp UUCP service for email only, under DOS. Must have been in earlier 199x, no tcp/ip website access initially. X25 protocal. Gopher. Archie. IRC. IRC-chat channels with specific issues like bots, takeovers... even remeber how my channels ops/bots were ddosed at that time. (hand)Regged my first domain in country-code TLD of my country in 1998, it was for a company I worked for at that time, they are still using it as the main corporate domain even though might probably sell it now for some 6 figures (short and memorable).

•••
Bought my first computer in the spring of 1993. Paid over $4,000 for it. Still have the invoice. All my neighbors came over to stare in wonder at the "fish-eye" color monitor.

Everyone waited in anticipation as the dial-up tone played over and over till finally it connected to the Internet. I think at the time there was only like 600 websites in existence!

It may have been Aliweb or Netscape we were trying to search. You had to keep clicking or the connection left idle would drop.

Back then you could host an internet party ;>)

Those were the days!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back