NameSilo

question Do you Lose or Gain in Outbound Marketing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you Think Outbound Marketing is Worth the Effort?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, with Good Strategy

votes
    40.3%
  • No, even with the Best Strategy

votes
    38.8%
  • Poor Marketing Skill is the Problem

votes
    20.9%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
In every business, you lose some and gain some. But it seems that's not really the case with the domain outbound marketing. Most times, we tend to lose more than we gain.

So many potential buyers has been put off or caused to lose interests in domain names they should be chasing after. Human have the tendency to look down on things that is offered to them easily or cheaply.

I've lost potential buyers time and again that I'm deciding never to try it again. How about you?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have BramptonPhotographer, AttleboroPlumber, AlleghenyPlumber( I even bought AlleghenyPlumbing too) and no sales now for about 7months, despite outbounding. So that's the point. It's neither here nor there!
That's what I'm saying. It doesn't matter how targeted your domains are. No matter who you contact, the truth is that responses to outbound efforts are greatly discouraging. It's as if many CEOs don't even know what is domain name.

•••
Interesting thread.

What do you think pricing should be for a realtor, attorney and photograpy domains?

For example, realtor has a website JohnSmithRealtor.com and you have JohnSmith.com

Same with the photo and attorney. Can you please advise me on the pricing ranges please.

Best of luck to all!!!

•••
Interesting thread.

What do you think pricing should be for a realtor, attorney and photograpy domains?

For example, realtor has a website JohnSmithRealtor.com and you have JohnSmith.com

Same with the photo and attorney. Can you please advise me on the pricing ranges please.

Best of luck to all!!!
First, I don't like picking up full names (first and surname) because it makes you look like a squatter. I always prefer one name, John or Smith, although I see many people going for the full names and seems to be selling well.

As regards the pricing, that will largely depends on the potential JohnSmith, and the extension you're having. If the JohnSmith is a high net worth person and you have the .com, it won't be out of place to price it high. Let's say $9k to $50k.

But if the JohnSmith is average one, $1,500 to $8,000 may be in order.

•••
The options are lacking for the pole you can make profit outbound running names worth $xxxx+ for $xxx or you can wait for xxxx with someone making you the offer.

•••
Outbound is going to get you the highest possible offers as you most likely end up with the end user (Which is what EVERY domaines should want), or you can sit around and just wait and wait for offers to come in.

Not sure what domains you tried to outbound so it is kinda hard to provide a proper answer to your question but are you seriously just going to sit there and not going for outbound because... it did not work?

From a young AGE I started with paid marketing for affiliate products on the likes of Facebook, Google and a lot else. Lost money but saw it as a investment, eventually turned that loss in millions into profits.

DATA = KEY.

Without DATA you have nothing.

Split test your out bounding.

This could be:

• Come up with different headlines for the emails you are sending.
  • Use services like mail gun to make sure you are not entering the spam box.
  • Write down different sales pitches.
  • Use different kind of emails, a GMAIL, HOTMAIL can be a huge turn off.

And so much more to split-test.

Possible options that most of your outbound was done wrong (Get some books on sales pitches, copywriting etc)

OUTBOUND is absolute KEY to get higher prices instead of circling around in the re-sell market with re-sell prices.

Not to sound rude but this TOPIC does not even makes sense.

Get creative, was bidding on the Domain: Gaben.com which is a VERY well known nickname for Gabe the creator of Half Life, which is one of the most famous games.

(Lost the auction, but build a simple landing page for it with a simple headline: "Gaben, Please Finish Half Life 3".)

Would of tweeted, and shared that on Valve, Steam, Half Life social profiles on the hopes of going at least SEMI trending. Even if that domain would not be sold it would drag a lot of attention to other domains I have.

You can also consider this kind of outbound.

Outbound has several meanings, build a Linkedin profile get connected with Brokers and Build up twitter with domain related people.

Here is just a rough example what I email out:

-----------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am contacting you in regards to your Student Privacy Pledge & Your future of Privacy brand, and wanted to compliment you on the domain names you are using.

.ORG stands for organization which is a perfect fit, but to become a true Authority in your field of Student Privacy Pledge would you not be Interested in the .COM version of this domain name.

I have two domains available which in my opinion would give you a lot more credibility in your online appearance.

Our company has the following domain names you might be Interested in:

Studentprivacypledge DOT com

(Which will add great value to your .org)

And even better we also have: (Which allows you to extend behind just student pledges)

Privacyplegde DOT com (this domain was registrated in the Year 2000, so IT IS almost 20 years old.)

You won't be able to just register domains like these anymore.

Reason for emailing you first is that I see that you are one of the biggest foundation dedicated to Privacy Pledges.

I am willing to sell these two domains to you as a package, but I am looking for at least HIGH 5 figures USD for the two domain names.

A privacy pledge is not just for Students anymore but also Banks, Investments, Shopping websites and much more and I can assure you other parties are going to be interested in these premium domain names.

These domains won’t be available for long and again THEY seem a great fit to expend your goals.

Best regards,
Martijn van Eijk

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martijn-van-eijk-01397379/

Sit around and hope for the jackpot, no no sir.

•••
Interesting thread.

Best of luck to all!!!

That is the entire point I wrote above, you are the one that is supposed to sell "John Smith" why he REALLY needs that domain.

Provide him a list of domains with other realtors in his Area and get his Fear of Missing out going.

Explain how a Domain tells the first STORY what is expected from his presence online, "JohnSmith" would just be a name that could mean anything (Pictures of his dogs or who knows).

But the BEST thing you can possibly do here is find his competition, compare their domains and if they are Realtors in the same Area he must be aware of them. IF he is aware they are doing better then him it will be even better.

Your first email could be you NOT selling at all and just providing him solid pointers on what is the next big thing amongst realtors in his Area.

Or if you want to go NASTY, get a few email accounts (Randoms) and email him something a long the lines of:

"Hi John Smith, I found you on a Google search as I am looking for a Realtor but I am VERY confused on the domain you are using, is this your realtor agency or just a personal website?.

New to the area so just asking, went a head with "name competition" as there name was a lot more clear, but your website does look a lot better so figured I will still email you.

Will be seeing properties with other agencies as I just wasn't sure if you are a realtor based on your domain."

OK OK just took me one minute to write that up and it's a bit NASTY NASTY, but to come to the conclusion on these two replies.

Take control of the situation.

OUTBOUND WORKS, plain and simple.

•••
That is the entire point I wrote above, you are the one that is supposed to sell "John Smith" why he REALLY needs that domain.

Provide him a list of domains with other realtors in his Area and get his Fear of Missing out going.

Explain how a Domain tells the first STORY what is expected from his presence online, "JohnSmith" would just be a name that could mean anything (Pictures of his dogs or who knows).

But the BEST thing you can possibly do here is find his competition, compare their domains and if they are Realtors in the same Area he must be aware of them. IF he is aware they are doing better then him it will be even better.

Your first email could be you NOT selling at all and just providing him solid pointers on what is the next big thing amongst realtors in his Area.

Or if you want to go NASTY, get a few email accounts (Randoms) and email him something a long the lines of:

"Hi John Smith, I found you on a Google search as I am looking for a Realtor but I am VERY confused on the domain you are using, is this your realtor agency or just a personal website?.

New to the area so just asking, went a head with "name competition" as there name was a lot more clear, but your website does look a lot better so figured I will still email you.

Will be seeing properties with other agencies as I just wasn't sure if you are a realtor based on your domain."

OK OK just took me one minute to write that up and it's a bit NASTY NASTY, but to come to the conclusion on these two replies.

Take control of the situation.

OUTBOUND WORKS, plain and simple.

Thank you!!! Very insightful!

•••
Outbound is going to get you the highest possible offers as you most likely end up with the end user (Which is what EVERY domaines should want), or you can sit around and just wait and wait for offers to come in.

Not sure what domains you tried to outbound so it is kinda hard to provide a proper answer to your question but are you seriously just going to sit there and not going for outbound because... it did not work?

From a young AGE I started with paid marketing for affiliate products on the likes of Facebook, Google and a lot else. Lost money but saw it as a investment, eventually turned that loss in millions into profits.

DATA = KEY.

Without DATA you have nothing.

Split test your out bounding.

This could be:

• Come up with different headlines for the emails you are sending.
  • Use services like mail gun to make sure you are not entering the spam box.
  • Write down different sales pitches.
  • Use different kind of emails, a GMAIL, HOTMAIL can be a huge turn off.

And so much more to split-test.

Possible options that most of your outbound was done wrong (Get some books on sales pitches, copywriting etc)

OUTBOUND is absolute KEY to get higher prices instead of circling around in the re-sell market with re-sell prices.

Not to sound rude but this TOPIC does not even makes sense.

Get creative, was bidding on the Domain: Gaben.com which is a VERY well known nickname for Gabe the creator of Half Life, which is one of the most famous games.

(Lost the auction, but build a simple landing page for it with a simple headline: "Gaben, Please Finish Half Life 3".)

Would of tweeted, and shared that on Valve, Steam, Half Life social profiles on the hopes of going at least SEMI trending. Even if that domain would not be sold it would drag a lot of attention to other domains I have.

You can also consider this kind of outbound.

Outbound has several meanings, build a Linkedin profile get connected with Brokers and Build up twitter with domain related people.

Here is just a rough example what I email out:

-----------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am contacting you in regards to your Student Privacy Pledge & Your future of Privacy brand, and wanted to compliment you on the domain names you are using.

.ORG stands for organization which is a perfect fit, but to become a true Authority in your field of Student Privacy Pledge would you not be Interested in the .COM version of this domain name.

I have two domains available which in my opinion would give you a lot more credibility in your online appearance.

Our company has the following domain names you might be Interested in:

Studentprivacypledge DOT com

(Which will add great value to your .org)

And even better we also have: (Which allows you to extend behind just student pledges)

Privacyplegde DOT com (this domain was registrated in the Year 2000, so IT IS almost 20 years old.)

You won't be able to just register domains like these anymore.

Reason for emailing you first is that I see that you are one of the biggest foundation dedicated to Privacy Pledges.

I am willing to sell these two domains to you as a package, but I am looking for at least HIGH 5 figures USD for the two domain names.

A privacy pledge is not just for Students anymore but also Banks, Investments, Shopping websites and much more and I can assure you other parties are going to be interested in these premium domain names.

These domains won’t be available for long and again THEY seem a great fit to expend your goals.

Best regards,
Martijn van Eijk

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martijn-van-eijk-01397379/

Sit around and hope for the jackpot, no no sir.
Congratulations on the efforts you put into writing all these. It's commendable but you just imagined we're asking for tutorial on how to do outbound marketing. No. That's not the case. We're simply asking if the OUTCOME is worth the EFFORTS.

Some of us are advance in the game, both in quality of domains on offer and the sales approaches. I particularly have sold names between $500 and 1,000 in recent weeks. The problems is not on us but the end users whom most of the times don't even know what you're talking about or just don't see the need to respond, no matter how good your offer is. And your sample email is too long and off point in most parts. But at least, you really put an effort in it.

Thanks for the impute.

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations on the efforts you put into writing all these. It's commendable but you just imagined we're asking for tutorial on how to do outbound marketing. No. That's not the case. We're simply asking if the OUTCOME is worth the EFFORTS.

Some of us are advance in the game, both in quality of domains on offer and the sales approaches. I particularly have sold names between $500 and 1,000 in recent weeks. The problems is not on us but the end users whom most of the times don't even know what you're talking about or just don't see the need to respond, no matter how good your offer is. And your sample email is too long and off point in most parts. But at least, you really put an effort in it.

Thanks for the impute.

Did not meant to provide a tutorial, in that case this entire topic is absolute worthless. You are just doing it wrong, outbound I am getting 6 figure offers but for sure man go a head and do it your own WAY.

Maybe have a good look at your Portfolio as people can be blinded thinking they own the king of the crap but just looking at your signature, those are <50$ worth domains.

Issues mostly come from within.

Not sure WHY you seem to write off my REPLY as if it is nothing.

"Some of us are advance in the game" (YOU ARE NOT AT ALL)

Sure mate, keep thinking that. DO not need to prove your numbers to me either.

All I tried to explain is that you need to take charge, a basic human being often Googles around or get's a connection from a connection to build out their website and that is ALL THEY KNOW,

Sorry to SAY this but your REPLY comes off as stupid. (You are not advance in the game at all, but believe what you want)

"The problems is not on us but the end users whom most of the times don't even know what you're talking"

Your words not mine, aren't you suppose to convince that person and the reasons WHY he needs your name.

Either your names are reg-fee useless like the ones your signature, or you are just not doing it right. Even street Vendors in Bangkok, Thailand would prob do a better job then you.

You REALLY seem to love your own hand-regs and think it's a no brainer.

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Probably did not even read half of what I pointed out but whatever. Sit and wait or get better names.

Last edited:
•••
Did not meant to provide a tutorial, in that case this entire topic is absolute worthless. You are just doing it wrong, outbound I am getting 6 figure offers but for sure man go a head and do it your own WAY.

Maybe have a good look at your Portfolio as people can be blinded thinking they own the kind of the crap but just looking at your signature, those are <50$ worth domains.

Issues mostly come from within.

Not sure WHY you seem to write off my REPLY as if it is nothing.

"Some of us are advance in the game"

Sure mate, keep thinking that. DO not need to prove your numbers to me either.

All I tried to explain is that you need to take charge, a basic human being often Googles around or get's a connection from a connection to build out their website and that is ALL THEY KNOW,

Sorry to SAY but your REPLY comes off as stupid. (You are not advance in the game at all, but believe what you want)

"The problems is not on us but the end users whom most of the times don't even know what you're talking"

Your words not mine, aren't you suppose to convince that person the reason WHY he needs you name.

Either your names are reg-fee useless like the ones your signature, or you are just not doing it right.

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Probably did not even read half of what I pointed out but whatever man. Sit and wait.
Seems you come in here looking for a pat in the back. I just gave you some but looks like you're not satisfied with it.

•••
Seems you come in here looking for a pat in the back. I just gave you some but looks like you're not satisfied with it.

Another weird Answer.

No place on this forum for me? I am not quite sure what I did wrong here, except for explaining how outbound marketing is ACTUALLY well worth it.

Are you alright? You seem Frustrated...

"2014, still offering your "amazing lmao" domains you bought."

Back%20to%20Reality%20logo%20yellow.jpg

Might stop the Pokemon hunting Slow Poke.

Last edited:
•••
The options are lacking for the pole you can make profit outbound running names worth $xxxx+ for $xxx or you can wait for xxxx with someone making you the offer.
And considering the efforts you put into research and the emails, it's simply not good running $xxxx+ worth domains for $xxx.

•••
Can't believe you have such MANY posts.

Your portfolio:

https://domainflexi.com

Dates Milk? it's normally on the package mate as per law.

(What would even be the use of this domain?)

Extra Visa? Let's get a Visa and then get a Extra one, right makes a lot of sense. (Full time traveling here except for now, COVID and al that)

You are out of your ZONE man, keep your domaining as a HOBBY just do triple read before you start posting.

DATA DATA CHOP

Not a single name you own hits a 3 figure amount.

Just stop.

Last edited:
•••
And considering the efforts you put into research and the emails, it's simply not good running $xxxx+ worth domains for $xxx.

Just STOP! You own nothing worth much in Domaining, keep it AS your HOBBY. Just stop providing advice as it is all useless coming from someone with no DATA, with reg fee domains.

Last edited:
•••
It is also a different frame of mind looking for turnover. As suggested some make big money out of outbound i wouldn't be pushing that calibre.

•••
It is also a different frame of mind looking for turnover. As suggested some make big money out of outbound i wouldn't be pushing that calibre.
The big money comes only once in while. And even the big money is most times far below the actual worth.

•••
The big money comes only once in while. And even the big money is most times far below the actual worth.
Only see it inbound.

•••

Please stop providing Advice.

Just take a look at your portfolio, who wants ANY of that.

Rephrase your comments to "Outbound does not work for me as my names are worth zero"

But honest, I can't stress this enough, stop providing advice as you have been a member on here since 2014 and I wonder if your biggest sale ever even got close to 3 figures.

Your domains are worth ZERO.

It is absolute insane to CLAIM outbound does not work. If you actually have the capacity to read you would understand.

How does outbound not work? You email in private, you select... How can this harm your business?

It is THE way you pitch it (Write it, just putting this in here as I doubt you know what a Pitch is).

Last edited:
•••
Please stop providing Advice.

Just take a look at your portfolio, who wants ANY of that.

Rephrase your comments to "Outbound does not work for me as my names are worth zero"

But honest, I can't stress this enough, stop providing advice as you have been a member on here since 2014 and I wonder if your biggest sale ever even got close to 3 figures.

Your domains are worth ZERO.
Okay I am well aware i have names that are worth zero that won't be renewed I also have some that aren't. Not sure why you feel you need to point out every name is crap even acknowledged that some can make good money referring to your claims. I cannot comment on your worst names as won't get to see them. To the most part can agree on your post no point mailing out crap. A search here will find a posted sale 4 figures. I guess this is all for a gee up.

•••
Okay I am well aware i have names that are worth zero that won't be renewed I also have some that aren't. Not sure why you feel you need to point out every name is crap even acknowledged that some can make good money referring to your claims. I cannot comment on your worst names as won't get to see them. To the most part can agree on your post no point mailing out crap. A search here will find a posted sale 4 figures. I guess this is all for a gee up.
I guess he was trying to take a dig at me but blinded by rage, he quoted you instead, mistakenly :ROFL::ROFL:

Last edited:
•••

Mega excuses, this was not AIMED at you at all.

Can't remove it.

100% AIMED at Dande, with his useless advice.

Excuses again.

•••
Go your own way,
Never mind what they say,
Most successful people are largely invisible to outsiders

•••
I don't do outbound simply because I value my time. Outbound is never worth the effort I know most folks put into it and it's really not the type of activity that juggles well with a full-time job.

I agree with this completely.

Doing outbound feels like applying for jobs for a living (writing BS cover letters, finetuning the CV,..).

And we all know how that feels.... Every evening you get more depressed because the lack of replies (did they even see mine?)

In the future, I will stay away from names that require outbound (like geo + profession for example).

Last edited:
•••
Its my main method of selling. Outbound accounts for around 70% of my sales.

My inbound sales are the bigger sales in general but I get regular low to high x,xxx with outbound.
Please can you tell me do you use hunter.io or mailshake or mailchimp.com etc

•••
Same thing here... Outbound works if you know how to do it and put effort and intelligence into it. It is not easy, but once you have a system in place, it works.

Think about it, the way business works is not that brands just launch a product and wait for people to find it. No, they put a lot of resources and effort on advertising or marketing, reaching out to potential buyers or consumers. Why should it be any different with domains?

Granted, some names need less marketing than others, but outbound efforts increase the probability of your name selling exponentially.

There are names, especially GEO and low value keyword names that will take years to sell or never sell at all unless you promote them.

Please can you tell me if you use hunter.io mailshake or mailchimp.com etc?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back