Dynadot

question Do you Lose or Gain in Outbound Marketing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you Think Outbound Marketing is Worth the Effort?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, with Good Strategy

votes
    40.3%
  • No, even with the Best Strategy

votes
    38.8%
  • Poor Marketing Skill is the Problem

votes
    20.9%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
In every business, you lose some and gain some. But it seems that's not really the case with the domain outbound marketing. Most times, we tend to lose more than we gain.

So many potential buyers has been put off or caused to lose interests in domain names they should be chasing after. Human have the tendency to look down on things that is offered to them easily or cheaply.

I've lost potential buyers time and again that I'm deciding never to try it again. How about you?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've only had a single 4 figure outbound domain sale that went miraculously easy. It was a squadhelp premium, single word with a Z instead of an S (6 letters). Company used domain name Get******.com and it was a perfect upgrade. They recently had a multi-million dollar funding, and I messaged them on Telegram about the domain for sale. It was purchased a couple days later for around $4100.

Other than that I have sent thousands of emails to end-users, rarely get replies even on very good domains. I think calling is the way to go. I've had better luck just calling the owners and discussing with them. Still, it will be hard to get 5 figures or more unless it is a super premium single word or high competition two word with many extensions registered.

I think it's worth notifying potential end users about domain for sale just to get some eyes or talks going.

Still, don't think outbound produces much results for the effort involved.

•••
I totally agree...a great deal of effort...for little results!!

Michael

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back