NameSilo

Do you hate Russia / Russians? Why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
Do all Americans really hate Russians?

P.S. I'm wanting to move to California

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
She is Ukrainian :)

I think you mean she WAS Ukrainian.

•••
California is full, Stay home lol

Go to Canada. Say you hate the Maple Leafs because they disappoint you... then again, it looks like California has the better hockey teams.

She is Ukrainian :)

I have it on good authority (TwoMoon) that Ukrainians are the most beautiful women.. He never commented on the handsomeness of the men but I think that's because he's humble

•••
Yo DU.
Happy you know that's true :) Nothing changed since I wrote it.
BTW actually Olga is not a beautiful one - she is rather regular. Tons of such girls on the streets everyday.
John, if you ever would be in Kiev - I'll prove it to you, my friend. Plus, remember the cold Ukrainian (best) vodka is always waiting for ya :)

Back to the topic. My previous post was not really about the Russians, but mainly about the administration of Russia and Russians whos support it.
There are many normal Russians, including all of my relatives who were born and live there.

•••
I do not hate Russia and/or russians. Why should I? Beside that... there are many nice and sexy babes in Russia. But Russia is a little bit to good in ice hockey. I'm from Sweden as you probably know - Sweden is still the GOLD medal in World Championship in Ice Hockey. :)

•••
there are so many Russians in California... no needs to learn English lol.
As of saying that "Russians are occupants in Ukraine"... may be before saying such things you should go read a little bit of a history first... even wikipedia would do for a start ... have you forgot about such a thing as Kievskaya Rus' (Kievan Rus')? Has Ukraine ever existed without Russia, or would exist? You two have a way long and deep non dividable history together, cant erase it in its roots, specially when so many Russians live there (just check population stats in same wikipedia). All i am saying is just think about it before making such statements.

•••
Alaska has a pretty active Russian community, as expected since it was part of Russia until 1867 (when the Russians sold the "useless" 586,412 sq. miles of land for $7.2 million--two cents per acre).

•••
Most Americans believe in whatever CNN tells them to believe to. Why should not they hate Russians?

•••
Most Americans believe in whatever CNN tells them to believe to. Why should not they hate Russians?
Mmmmm, no, most people do not believe whatever CNN tells them.

•••
•••
I've lived in the US for a little over 10 years(am half nigerian, half american, but came from NIgeria,and im back there now) and these are my pieces of advice regarding being a foreigner arriving in the US:

1) Many americans do follow what CNN tells them and americans in general dont know as much as they ought to(hence their global issues)
2) many americans will run to negative stereotypes when they encounter or see foreigners they dont understand
3) many americans dont intend to hurt anyone intentionally, but negative stereotypes and jokes hurt the foreigners' emotions.
4) I would not confidently say the average american NP member here is the average american so take their comments with a grain of salt.
5) Hate is part of america. work on making your mind stronger- many americans are used to living with people they dislike or that dislike them.
6) Keep your ethnic brothers close...they will always understand you better than an average american.
7) Learn to understand and accept america if you choose to live in it.
8)learn to keep an open and warm heart- america has a way of making alot of people turn cold.

My 8 comments might not be taken very well by everyone, and some people will focus on my generalizations instead of my legitimate points. Despite having an american passport many americans treated me like a foreigners because of my accent so i kind of know what you will experience, but there are variables such as skin color, city you are moving to and the country you're immigrating from. good luck and keep good healthy relationships- you'll need it for your sanity.

•••
I've lived in the US for a little over 10 years(am half nigerian, half american, but came from NIgeria,and im back there now) and these are my pieces of advice regarding being a foreigner arriving in the US:

1) Many americans do follow what CNN tells them and americans in general dont know as much as they ought to(hence their global issues)
2) many americans will run to negative stereotypes when they encounter or see foreigners they dont understand
3) many americans dont intend to hurt anyone intentionally, but negative stereotypes and jokes hurt the foreigners' emotions.
4) I would not confidently say the average american NP member here is the average american so take their comments with a grain of salt.
5) Hate is part of america. work on making your mind stronger- many americans are used to living with people they dislike or that dislike them.
6) Keep your ethnic brothers close...they will always understand you better than an average american.
7) Learn to understand and accept america if you choose to live in it.
8)learn to keep an open and warm heart- america has a way of making alot of people turn cold.

My 8 comments might not be taken very well by everyone, and some people will focus on my generalizations instead of my legitimate points. Despite having an american passport many americans treated me like a foreigners because of my accent so i kind of know what you will experience, but there are variables such as skin color, city you are moving to and the country you're immigrating from. good luck and keep good healthy relationships- you'll need it for your sanity.

You act like hate is commonplace. No more so than any other country, and in fact, a lot less than you would find throughout most of the world. You can speak your mind about religion and politics without fear of being killed, for one. Tell me, has the Nigerian government found those missing 200 girls that were kidnapped yet? You know, the ones their kidnappers are forcing to renounce their religious beliefs and accept Islam. I can understand having a difficult time locating one or two kidnapped people, but 200?

•••
You act like hate is commonplace. No more so than any other country, and in fact, a lot less than you would find throughout most of the world. You can speak your mind about religion and politics without fear of being killed, for one. Tell me, has the Nigerian government found those missing 200 girls that were kidnapped yet? You know, the ones their kidnappers are forcing to renounce their religious beliefs and accept Islam. I can understand having a difficult time locating one or two kidnapped people, but 200?
It's actually almost 300 girls. Seems to me the Nigerian Government is afraid of the Boka Haram

•••
My answer on these missing 300 girls is irrelevant. back to the topic pls.

•••
The topic you brought up is, partly, hate in America, to which my reply was to demonstrate that the U.S. is not a hateful place, that you have more freedoms to express religious, political and moral views than you do just about anywhere else in the world and certainly more than can be found in Nigeria, for example.

But okay, that answer doesn't support your belief system, so ignore the point.

•••
nope, I hate no one - there are good and bad people everywhere - but I would rather spread love and peace than hate, truly.

•••
The topic you brought up is, partly, hate in America, to which my reply was to demonstrate that the U.S. is not a hateful place, that you have more freedoms to express religious, political and moral views than you do just about anywhere else in the world and certainly more than can be found in Nigeria, for example.

But okay, that answer doesn't support your belief system, so ignore the point.

US is not a hateful place? i agree,but sometimes you can feel hateful energy.
you think the US is that free? TRUST ME, its not. its so overregulated and monitored you dont have full freedoms. Nigeria is more free than the US....just ask anyone who has visited it. It might be dirtier, poorer, less powerful, but it has more freedoms. My lawyer sister agrees with me on that. Dont use the 300 girls and incidents with islam to categorically confirm Nigeria is not free. You dont know NIgeria(no insult intended), i do.

Also, am just giving MY opinions...no one has to agree with me, but hte passion its stirring in your makes me think i did hit a truth nerve? The truth isnt always nice. My opinion is not more valuable than any other persons'. i just try to make timeless,bottom-line points that will stand the truth test.

•••
I am highly doubt if the Ukrainians will be on the russians side in the end. Russians, please go home from Ukraine ! There is still little hope that not so many people will hate you.

•••
just like in every war - which most civilians don't ever want - I think it is those in power who spread the hate for their own agenda - and that the truth is we are all just pawns in this world-wide game of theirs.

I believe, the sooner we realize that - the sooner we can tune out and focus on caring and loving our families, friends, and neighbours. That is how I am able to maintain peace in my personal life. I would advise, for your own peace of mind, that you don't get sucked into the hatred and mostly the fear they want you to feel.

Please remember, that the good people in this world will always outnumber the bad, and that should
give all of us hope.

So instead of hating - think of the truth above because it will set you free, I guarantee it.

•••
I am highly doubt if the Ukrainians will be on the russians side in the end. Russians, please go home from Ukraine ! There is still little hope that not so many people will hate you.

Please send this message to Putin.

•••
Russians, please go home from Ukraine ! There is still little hope that not so many people will hate you.

kinda tempted to reply with "yankee go home from Alaska" at first ..but decided not to - you are probably too busy with building democracies and making people happy the way you think they should like it elsewhere in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Lybia etc etc

what really turns me on is when the most hated nation in the world starts talking of hate... have you ever been to
War Remnants Museum in Saigon? do you still remember Hiroshima and Belgrade? ...hate experts for sure

•••
4pm, you remember Pearl Harbor? Don't want it, don't bring it. I for one hope that -everyone- remembers Hiroshima and the million plus American soldier's lives it saved. The Japanese put their civilians at risk when they attempted global domination with their allies. Last I recall someone else started that war. I think it speaks loudly that the U.S. rebuilt Japan and Europe after that, and that Japan is one of our closest allies now.

Not touching any nerves here, kemjika, tell you what though, let's ask those 300 girls if they think Nigeria is free, if they think their government is doing an adequate job at protecting their health, their religious and social beliefs.

As for Russia and the Ukraine, you can hardly blame Putin for expanding back into the territory, the leadership from the other side has been weak and generally appalling; he's just trying to strengthen Russia while he has the opportunity.

•••
If you hate Russians, then its more of stereotyping, never judge unless u walk an extra mile with them.

•••
If you hate Russians, then its more of stereotyping, never judge unless u walk an extra mile with them.
I wouldn't recommend to walk even extra 10 meters with russians.

•••
Not touching any nerves here, kemjika, tell you what though, let's ask those 300 girls if they think Nigeria is free, if they think their government is doing an adequate job at protecting their health, their religious and social beliefs.
Ok. We can definitely ask those 300 girls if they think Nigeria is free. Can we ask the millions of americans(and blacks especially)who sit in america's prisons? how many are there unfairly? how can you use the opinion of 300 people to define the truth of 170 millon? you're not making a good point here.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back