NameSilo

Do you get more offers ( sales ) on ccTLD - gTLD - nTLD or sTLD domain names❓

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you get more offers ( sales ) on ccTLD - gTLD - nTLD or sTLD domains ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • ccTLD ( country code top level domains like .at .be .ch .de etc )

votes
    48.5%
  • gTLD ( generic top level domains unsponsored like .com .net .org .name )

votes
    48.5%
  • nTLD ( new top level domains like .auto .bike .club .domains etc )

votes
    18.2%
  • sTLD ( sponsored top level domains like .jobs .mobi .travel etc )

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Do you get more offers on ccTLD - gTLD - nTLD or sTLD domain names ?

offers_3433.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ccTLD is leading
so why is .com still King ?

Last edited:
•••
ccTLD is leading
so why is ,com King ?

Because the sample size here is tiny...

If you want to know what gets more sales just look at the reported sales. .COM dwarfs all other extensions (gTLD, ccTLD, and nTLD) combined.

Brad

•••
•••

If you want to know what gets more sales just look at the reported sales. .COM dwarfs all other extensions (gTLD, ccTLD, and nTLD) combined.

Brad

you joined NP on my 44 Birthday :xf.wink:

•••
A lot more offers on my ccTLD stuff. But than again, it's all about quality.

I am sure that high quality .com owners receive a countless offers, so it's not really measurable. Two different things.

•••
A lot more offers on my ccTLD stuff. But than again, it's all about quality.

I am sure that high quality .com owners receive a countless offers, so it's not really measurable. Two different things.

what is high quality ?
who is the measure of all things ?
:xf.wink:
it,s like first class - second class - third class ?
this need,s to be changed

•••
If one combines all countries, country code and com are very similar in total number of domains, with country code a bit more (I realize value is a different question!).

In these statistics from 2017 (see link below) .com + .net combined are 144.3 million registrations while country code registrations total 144.2 million. If one just considers .com at the time of the report 129.2 million registrations.

https://www.verisign.com/en_US/domain-names/dnib/index.xhtml

Bob

•••
How many TLDs exist? A thousand maybe but certainly many hundreds

What percentage of reported sales are .COM? Close to 50%

Which TLD is #2, #3, #4, #5 etc in sales - kind of like the college football rankings?

For the #2, 3, 4, 5 etc what percentage of AFTERMARKET (not registry sales) does each TLD have?

If over half a domain portfolio is in TLDs which very rarely ever sell, what are the odds that portfolio will be cash flow positive?

•••
Although the critical issue, if in it as a hobby at least, is being positive and not losing money, you can do that with either .com or with cc or new gTLDs. If you register a new gTLD at $1.00 and sell it for $5.00 that is cash flow positive (if one has not needed to renew), in the same way that if one buys an aftermarket .com at $500 and sell it for $750 it is positive.

If in it as a business, I would agree that the amounts almost all (with a few exceptions) are selling extensions other than .com, .net and some country code for means that new gTLDs are hard to make money from.

If in it as a hobby, one can be creative and have fun with a portfolio of new gTLDs without risking too much money. This is is largely what I do, although I have the occasional .com, .net and .ca along with many new gTLD.

I am totally happy for serious domainers that make big money sales, and love to read all about it here. For me, I don't want to risk large amounts, and like the creativity of phrases available at reasonable cost with the new gTLDs. And I still hope the occasional one will sell for a reasonable amount, and in the meantime use those $5 and $10 sales to fund registering new names.

Bob

•••
For me, it used to be .com, but before I took a break, I got involved in ccTLD's, and honestly, I'd take them over .com 90% of the time.

Of course, I have a few. com for diversification.

•••
For me, This information is pretty well

•••
For me it is in this order:

.com
.org
.net
.co.uk
.biz
.info

•••
My .coms are mostly 2 word domains , while my .co.in and .in are mostly one word category killer domains. Domain Quality drives my asking price. There is a consensus being formed regarding prices for cctlds vs equivalent .com, its between 10-25% of .com. Works for established cctlds and large growing ones.

•••
My biggest sale so far was for Changed.World, so of course, I'm a fan of this extension now.

•••
Why is the poll with multiple choice?

•••

Brad
I don't think so. cctlds are stronger in the EU where lots of sales are not made public.

•••
ccTLD's for me this year has out performed .com sales.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back