NameSilo

Do you buy your full name .com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
im curious, do many people buy thier own full name.com ?

ie.

johnsmith.com

i was thinking about buying my full name.com but i dunno if id ever use it

do you guys buy your own name? heh

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have my lastname.com. It had dropped (this was a long time before I was into domains) and I though about it for a week before I bought it. A few days later someone got the .net, so I was lucky to grab the .com.

I bought joe.in (my shortened first name) when the .in domains were launched. Of course the .com was not available.

•••
i bought my last name and use it for my portfolio...

•••
my last name is lau and it is owned by Richard Lau :( No luck at all.

•••
Yup i own kevinbossons.com

and one day I might even develop it! :lol:

•••
my full name and my first name are taken for .com/.net/.org and alot of others. I have my full name .info and .in

•••
Ahh, my first and last name was taken ages before i started to get into domain names.

•••
I just recently bought my full name .com I was happy to get it and I plan to use it for my blog and portfolio, always nice to have I think...

•••
never really seen any point in doing so for me, so no I haven't :) I did for my gf though, made a website for her hehe

•••
I bough my full name, christophermcbride.com a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately the shortened version, chrismcbride.com, was taken years ago.

(With my sick sense of humor, I find that site funny).

But I haven't done anything with the site yet.

•••
•••
My first ever Domain was
Dunderhill.id.au (saddest webSite In History ,I haven't touched it in Months)
Because Aust. company offered them for free for Six months
(The .ID.au Ext (Aust Eqv. to .Name or .Me.UK) is not popular)
Renewed it recently because I am Sentimental Old Fool (cost $30USD)
Also have .com .info .tk As well
As the BareFootTech I have .com .net .info .tk .cjb.net

Last edited:
•••
no but I bought my last name.net since .com was taken

•••
ThreeD said:
never really seen any point in doing so for me, so no I haven't :) I did for my gf though, made a website for her hehe
Me too, Plus 1 each for the Cat and Dogs (Sad isn't it)

•••
Don't think that it is worthwhile. Maybe cool to have anyway.

•••
wake up of my old thread

i have had offers on my firstnamelastname.com :)

i will not sell, unless i got 500 k :)

•••
i could. you can try searching for my full name and then it's the first one you'll see on google. but im still thinking of using a different name.

be careful tho, sometimes there are "ihate{yourfullname}.com"s out there...

•••
I have my <surname>.org

I registered it years ago, because .com and .net were taken.

I'd say <surname>.<any extension> is more useful, because then your whole family can use it for e-mail and web sites. By registering my own domain name, I can keep the same e-mail address for my whole life and even pass the domain name on to my children!

Also, if someone searches for my name on google, my web-site comes out as one of the top results, so it is easy for long lost friends to contact me. In fact a school friend from decades ago found me recently by searching for me in google.

.info domains are pretty cheap (about $3/year at planetdomain.com) and maybe your surname will be available with .info, so why not use that?

•••
I have owned mine for a little while now.

•••
Expect i'm form greece my last name .com , .net and .us!!! are taken ;(

•••
My first name has four letters, it has been taken! Should reg it when it was available!

•••
•••
I was lucky enough to get my last name a few years ago. I had the .us version before. Everytime I go and register at Godaddy they ask if I want to add robertfleege.com --

If I didnt have my last name I would not go for firstlast.com - I'd rather come up with something creative

•••
I have my FirstnameLastname.com
My Name.com (wish is not very common) was taken by netidentity 9 years ago :(

I also have my LASTNAME.NAME
so i have my [email protected] as an email for my familly & some friends ;)

Don't anyone here own a .name ?...

•••
I wouldn't bother registering fullname.com. I doubt anybody would visit it anyway.

•••
my full name is registered in almost every extension :( so i bought first(middle first letter)last.com

doubt I'll ever use it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back