IT.COM

Do you buy your full name .com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
im curious, do many people buy thier own full name.com ?

ie.

johnsmith.com

i was thinking about buying my full name.com but i dunno if id ever use it

do you guys buy your own name? heh

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would if I could. Bought the .US instead and use it for personal correspondence and domain renewal notices.

•••
I would also but I can't. The .com of my full name is taken lol

•••
I have the name I use but not my full formal name. And no I don't mean Jimmy Changa. :lol:

•••
I bought the .us (on sale) but I've been meaning to buy the .com

•••
I might; don't really see the need though.

A self-dedicated site maybe? Praising myself and my "accomplishments"? :blink:

NAH! :D

True_Snake

•••
maybe a place to post your resume and also a great email address lol

•••
I bought my+my girlfriend's initials and used it as my nameserver. :)

•••
I can't buy my first,Last,Or middle,They are all taken. :lol:

•••
There's a guy that lives in my small city with the same first and last name (not something super common like Bob Smith either). Apparently he's somewhat of a deadbeat because I used to get a lot of bill collector telephone calls that were intended for him. We apparently both went to the same orthopedic surgeon because a year after I went there, they sent me HIS bills. I bought a Honda about five years ago which was fully paid off for years. Last year the same dealership was calling me daily telling me I had to make payments or they would repossess it. It turns out the guy bought the same model car at the same dealership and wasn't making payments.

yada yada yada... When I looked to see if my FullName.com was registered... guess who had it?! HIM!!!!!

•••
i have my fullname .com, it dropped late last year so i picked it up

•••
I don't think it's worth (as business prospective) to buy my fullname. :D

•••
dabb said:
There's a guy that lives in my small city with the same first and last name (not something super common like Bob Smith either). Apparently he's somewhat of a deadbeat because I used to get a lot of bill collector telephone calls that were intended for him. We apparently both went to the same orthopedic surgeon because a year after I went there, they sent me HIS bills. I bought a Honda about five years ago which was fully paid off for years. Last year the same dealership was calling me daily telling me I had to make payments or they would repossess it. It turns out the guy bought the same model car at the same dealership and wasn't making payments.

yada yada yada... When I looked to see if my FullName.com was registered... guess who had it?! HIM!!!!!

Oh man, that's BRUTAL!
Can you change your name to get away from that guy? :gl:

I had a similar experience way back...

Some a**hole with the same name as me lived in the SAME CONDO BUILDING and didn't pay his Columbia House bill... just so happened I was a member of CH a year or two earlier and one day - WHAM! Pay your bill - and they had already sent it to a collection agency. WHAT A MESS. Anyway, I finally convinced them that HE is the a**hole, not me, but it took some phone calls and tylenol. ;)

ANYWAY > I own the .org & .ca in my name. All the other ext. > GONE.

For the price of a few BIG MAC MEALS A YEAR, you never know when it might come in handy.

•••
i did..and use it for my blog..:)

•••
Well you can imagine how much money it'd take to get Denver.com or Hunter.com ;)

•••
I dont know if i'm gonna buy MyFullName.com.

Buy it, then make a family tree starts from... you.

•••
I own my full name .com and variations of it... I had originally wanted gridley.com but that was taken and so got the .us and my full name as a .com as well as the .name (gridley).

•••
i accually own my lastname .info/.us and i googled my full name, looks like im famous,,,,,maby i should buy my fullname.com before someone buys it and trys to sell it to me, heh

•••
My first and last (together) name is available in all extensions. I really don't think I would ever want to own a website with my own name. This thread did spark my curiosity for my last name though (for a possible family tree site), my last name is registered in all major extensions. Oh well time to change the last name to something even harder to spell. ;)

•••
Heh, I was just thinking "what if you're the next Bill Gates?". Then I looked and saw that both billgates.com and williamgates.com are both parked. :)

•••
Never tried to get my full name. I should give that a shot one of these days. I had enough trouble getting my handle Shadowwind. Had to wait for a plumbing company to give it up. :)

•••
dabb said:
Heh, I was just thinking "what if you're the next Bill Gates?". Then I looked and saw that both billgates.com and williamgates.com are both parked. :)

If I were the next Bill Gates I'd know about it before anyone else don't you think? :snaphappy: If someone were about to make it big they'd know before anyone else.

•••
I got mine when someone dropped it a few years ago. I used it for my photography gallery until about 2 years ago, then moved the site. I don't use my full firstnamelastname.com any more, but will keep it. I do use my lastname.us and also have the .biz and info of it. The .com is registered until 1012,and the org and biz are in regular use for businesses.

If you want to see something interesting, go to google news and fill out a google alert with your full "firstname lastname" in quotes. Every time it shows up in google news you will get a headline and email link to the story. Turns out there is a professor in Hawaii, a magician in California, and several other businesspeople in other states that occassionally make the news. I can keep up on whether people of the same name are doing something that could be confused with me.

•••
Every variation in almost all "common extensions" possible ;) (.com , .us, .org, .de, .co.uk, etc) I travel, a lot, and I could end up just about anywhere. Also, never know when they might be useful, and for the rather limited cost, why not? I also bought a handful of friend's and coworker's names and set them up email addresses. I kept the names in my account, however, and have the websites directed to parking sites ;) When their contacts get an email from [email protected] and want to see what's on theirname.com, we all win ;) (Dirty, and penny-pinching, but they really don't want the websites, just the email. If they ever asked for the sites themselves, it'd be theirs in a heartbeat).
-Allan

•••
Yeah, dude. I have zachdexter.com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back