NameSilo

Do you accept client's payment in crypto currencies?

Labeled as advice in Cryptocurrencies and Digital Currencies started by levinsondomains, Feb 2, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

?

Do you accept client's payment in crypto currencies?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Not yet

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
Total: 5 vote(s)
  1. levinsondomains

levinsondomains Established Member

Hi folks,
    Currently, I am not investing in cryptocurrencies.
    I wonder if I should accept payment in ETH / BTC for one domain I own.
    I know that I need to do this step soon, but the prices of these currencies are so unstable.
    Do you accept payments in cryptocurrencies despite the risk?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Haykay2005

Haykay2005 Active Member VIP

I will rather do PayPal or wire

3. D Haynes

D Haynes Active Member VIP

I don't trust what I don't understand. I've seen some people selling names on here only for Bitcoin which sets alarm bells ringing.

4. thekiller

thekiller Active Member VIP

You should accept it. Create localbitcoins.com account, give the buyer your wallet address, receive the payment and cash out instantly through numerous buyers of bitcoins which will give you in local currency.

Do check that there are buyers of bitcoins at that site from your country.

5. bobbarato

bobbarato Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I'd do ETH but aren't BTC transaction costs very / relatively high? So it depends on the price of the deal.

6. Kuffy

Kuffy Name Stag VIP

Bitcoin costs have come down recently, and in any case, they are at the discretion of the payer. I run a Bitcoin node, and I accept ( in fact prefer ) Bitcoin payments. I don't really mind if a transaction takes a few days to confirm if the buyer wants to reduce the transaction fee. Bitcoin is a safe method of payment if you have your own wallet in your node, PayPal isn't a safe option in my experience.

If you run the sale through a domain professional's registrar ( such as Name Silo ) then the buyer's payment method doesn't have to be the same as the method you use to withdraw funds.

7. tupungato

tupungato timium.com VIP

If it's that easy, why does anyone insist on paying with crypto? Why won't the buyer instantly convert the bitcoins to USD/EUR and pay for the domain in real currency?

So you don't mind that you agree for a final price of $11,000, but 3 days later when transaction is confirmed, your BTC is worth $8,100?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  8. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I accept... but nobody wants to pay me in BTC...

9. bobbarato

bobbarato Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

You're right. I hadn't checked recently.

I'm using these 2 sites to check BTC transaction fees - would love links to other such sites.

https://bitcoinfees.info/
    Super easy to understand. :xf.cool:

bitcoinfees.earn.com
    Detailed but I have to use all my fingers and toes to calculate what the fee is in old fashion money. :watching:

10. Kuffy

Kuffy Name Stag VIP

Did you know that transactions are confirming even when they have zero fees, but they do take a bit longer to get into a block. When I've got my linux node running again I'll try it to see how long it takes.

The imprtant thing is to run your own node, even if it's a pruned node. That way you aren't forced to pay wallet providers fees. You can also reduce your fees if you have a segwit enabled wallet.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  11. thekiller

thekiller Active Member VIP

If someone has BTC and wanted to pay in that, why not receive in BTC? It is easy as I mentioned, as yesterday I received $150 and took 30 minutes to confirm. Then sold within 10 minutes to a buyer on localbitcoins.

12. eDomain India

eDomain India Active Member VIP

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!