Domain Empire

information Do parking companies hinder your domain from getting visits.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Patt

Established Member
Impact
I acquired a pretty good domain name. I parked it at Sedo and the first few days uniques and clicks were well over a hundred, then all of a sudden it droppped to 0 for a few days and now only has 1 or 2 uniques and about the same in clicks every other day. What happened? Did the parking company do something. When I tried to contact Sedo I keep getting an error message. I actually bought the domain with the intention to develop it myself, but then I decided to sell it and through research saw that Sedo was one of the better places to sell, so I just parked it there as well.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SEDO or any other parking company has no benefit of hindering your domain's traffic, quite the contrary

imo, you chose the wrong place to park your domain. try some other places like Voodoo, parkingcrew, bodis, etc.
SEDO has bad support and an even worse interface. I don't remember the last time I got a non-bot answer from one of their support people

Now, as for your traffic
There are various reasons why you stopped getting uniques and clicks.

One of the most common ones is that you acquired a domain that the previous owner had paid traffic on which obviously stopped since the domain got dropped.

Another reason could be various testing bots. I once had a newly registered domain (newly as it was never registered before) which suddenly got hundreds of visits and occasional clicks from china.
That stopped as abruptly as it started.

As a final note,
you can always have domains posted on different marketplaces and have them parked elsewhere. No one stops you from having a page that you choose on your domain but at the same time sell it via your favourite marketplace.

All the above parking places I suggested provide redirection links via the parking page to send the potential buyer to a marketplace (or an escrow) that you choose

if you want an example, please open a conversation with me and I will link you one of my domains to see how it looks like

•••
kindly check under the "my domains" section. Reoptimize the domain name for checking nameservers again...Suffering from same problem...Not even able to optimize...the pop up does not open fully....so many of my domain names are not parked due to this from the past 4 days....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back