Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Do Meta Tags need to be consistent?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

Siobhán

Established Member
Impact
0
For example. If i have drug rehab related site. Should I try to be as consistent as possible with the meta keywords and stick with ones like "drug rehab", "drug treatment" and "drug abuse"......

Or could I safely use a mix of general keywords as well, like "health", "hospitals", "clinics", "psychiatry".....etc...and still get the improved SE rank I'm looking for?

Sorry for the newbie question but I want to give myself the best chance of showing up in some search results and I'm new at SEO.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I would stick to keywords you are targeting drug rehab, drug addiction ect provided that drug rehab & drug addiction or whatever keywords you choose are in your web sites body text...
 
0
•••
Many search engines don't even give too much attention to meta tags anymore. But if you want to place them on your web site I would say that meta description and keywords should be there.

However, try not to place too many keywords. 6-7 should be enough. Only the first 150 characters or so will matter anyway, the rest will be ignored by search engines.
 
0
•••
Not a real issue, just keep the tags relevant to the page's content
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back