Domain Empire

Do domains in another language of common words, ending in .com, have value?

Spaceship
Watch

dantex45

Established Member
Impact
For example domains of short words widely used in other languages and that have a great search in google, such as: house, car, etc. If they are in Spanish, Japanese, Chinese and end in .com, do they have any value? And if so, where could these types of domains be sold?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You asked too many questions l
You can search here or google for the answer and learn it yourself
Why do you expect other members to do the works for you?

Last edited:
•••
About domains in Japanese and Chinese and ending specifically in .com there is nothing in the forum or on the Internet in general. As for domains in Spanish, there are posts of 7-8 years. and in namebio there is no data on domains in japanese or chianese

Last edited:
•••
Well, a Spanish keyword (naranja = orange) dotcom was sold for $200,000 on/through Sedo a few years ago. I remember it because it was BIN priced! (I'm not allowed to post a link yet, so use your preferred search engine.)

•••
Well, a Spanish keyword (naranja = orange) dotcom was sold for $200,000 on/through Sedo a few years ago. I remember it because it was BIN priced! (I'm not allowed to post a link yet, so use your preferred search engine.)
awesome to hear that!

•••
Yes
It always depend on the words of course.
German words are very valuable for example , both in .De and .com

•••
I think so. Especially Spanish, as it's such a highly spoken language in the US. But Chinese language coms are also very sellable (you may remember chip domains).

The hardest thing for me is knowing whether I'm buying the right tense or even the right word. For example, estudio means "to study" but more frequently I hear aprender which means "to learn." Which one of those is more valuable? I have no idea! And I'm even more out of my element with other languages. That's why I have trouble investing in foreign language names.

I am a native English speaker though, so I have an advantage there over some domainers. I try to buy themes where I think I have an edge, so mostly I stick with English coms in fields I know something about. If you're buying coms in a language that you're fluent in that could be a nice angle.

I do own a couple of high value Spanish words in com. I haven't sold any yet, but FWIW BrandBucket has one of them priced at $20k, which is very high compared to my other names. That said, the equivalent English word would be a 7 figure name, so there's still a huge discount for being in Spanish.

Last edited:
•••
I think so. Especially Spanish, as it's such a highly spoken language in the US. But Chinese language coms are also very sellable (you may remember chip domains).

The hardest thing for me is knowing whether I'm buying the right tense or even the right word. For example, estudio means "to study" but more frequently I hear aprender which means "to learn." Which one of those is more valuable? I have no idea! And I'm even more out of my element with other languages. That's why I have trouble investing in foreign language names.

I am a native English speaker though, so I have an advantage there over some domainers. I try to buy themes where I think I have an edge, so mostly I stick with English coms in fields I know something about. If you're buying coms in a language that you're fluent in that could be a nice angle.

I do own a couple of high value Spanish words in com. I haven't sold any yet, but FWIW BrandBucket has one of them priced at $20k, which is very high compared to my other names. That said, the equivalent English word would be a 7 figure name, so there's still a huge discount for being in Spanish.
Thanks for your answer! Do you know of a place where these types of domains are usually sold in Spanish? I hope to maybe try Godaddy Auctions.

If you have any questions about a domain that you already bought in Spanish, don't hesitate to ask, I'm speaking of native Spanish!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back