Dynadot

question DN Marketplaces with installment payment option

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Are there any other marketplaces with installment payment plan options other than DAN ?

And What is the fee for them? Dan has a 25 percent fee these days.

Thank you for your answer

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
@DaaZ
@Dynadot
@DAN.COM

Are the only three. I have never tried installment for any of these three; but they are the only ones i know of, even if DAN upped fees after being acquired by GoDaddy.

•••
SquadHelp standard listings. 7.5% last I saw
Also I think DAN is 15% not 25%. if you use the GD umbrella of landers.
Import a lead they fixed it recently regarding payment plans not sure the percentage now but definitely not 25%

•••
Import a lead they fixed it recently regarding payment plans not sure the percentage now but definitely not 25%
You’re a genius. Squadhelp is the pickiest, name-wise, but if name approved; their installment plan is the most flexible. As we speak I see a name listed for $2,599 or $108 for 24 months!! Cant say the name, since i dont want to be reported for “external market” but feel free to DM me if you really want to know! It’s not my domain, i just like flexibility of financing this Squadhelp listed name demonstrates. was $97 a month for 24 months! This demonstrates SH installment flexibility. Forgot SH!
IMG_4658.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
NameSilo also offers payment plans upto a year max, commission is 7.5%

•••
NameSilo also offers payment plans upto a year max, commission is 7.5%
I love the future!!! @namesilo should promote this more.
Up to a year max, is somewhat limiting, but it’s a start!

Last edited:
•••
@DaaZ
@Dynadot
@DAN.COM

Are the only three. I have never tried installment for any of these three; but they are the only ones i know of, even if DAN upped fees after being acquired by GoDaddy.
Yes, we support the lease to own option. Max time period supported is 36 months.

Up to 12 months - no extra charges to the buyer. If the buyer is looking for beyond 12 months period, they need to pay extra amount - that amount is shared between the seller and DaaZ. Extra fee is used to support the DNS changes, domain renewal and as well as to monitor the domain name usage activity.

Managing the "lease to own" option can be done using bulk tools too - using excel or DaaZ APIs

Last edited:
•••
Is there an option to retain the DAN lander with installment and get a 15 percent fee without Godaddy landers?

•••
•••
Is there an option to retain the DAN lander with installment and get a 15 percent fee without Godaddy landers?
I have found the answer by myself.
You don’t have to use our For Sale pages by changing the nameservers, however, by using our nameservers you qualify for a reduced 15% commission rate - Dan.com
So using Dan nameservers you qualify for a 15 percent commission rate.

Last edited:
•••
Whats the Dynadot fee?
What is the commission fee for Dynadot?

Výsledek obrázku pro dynadot commission rate

5%

Our commission rate is an industry low 5% when you sell domains through our aftermarket, which helps you earn more for every successful sale.

•••
Are there any other marketplaces with installment payment plan options other than DAN ?

And What is the fee for them? Dan has a 25 percent fee these days.

Thank you for your answer
Would make more sense to put the domain on a credit card. If you do installment the domain is locked from moving-out and you can't push until it is paid in full. If you do credit card you fully own it and even if you miss a payment then the domain can't be taken back. I would never do installments just my thoughts.

•••

Výsledek obrázku pro dynadot commission rate

5%

Our commission rate is an industry low 5% when you sell domains through our aftermarket, which helps you earn more for every successful sale.
I would never buy a domain in dynadot aftermarket, because they lock pushes for 30 days. No matter how verified the account is, they really need to fix, this for bigger accounts.

•••
•••

Well there is the additional 5% if you ask for pay out,
but still, compare Dynadot's 5/10% fees vs. e.g. the 15/25% of the GD family or Sedo's 10/20% ...

•••
to monitor the domain name usage activity.
Thanks Daaz
does that monitoring include TM infringement related aspects?

I ask because beside the problem of the domain being blocked until full paid, as mentioned in #13, this is imo a main issue with installment payment - as highlighted in this thread -: the domain owner could end up being penalized because of the buyer's usage of the domain.

•••
Thanks Daaz
does that monitoring include TM infringement related aspects?

I ask because beside the problem of the domain being blocked until full paid, as mentioned in #13, this is imo a main issue with installment payment - as highlighted in this thread -: the domain owner could end up being penalized because of the buyer's usage of the domain.
Being a marketplace, we have our monitoring techniques on how the domain name is getting used..
TM infringement is a big subject , 100's of TMs filed in several countries even for the to- 1000 dictionary words.

Even sellers who are concerned about TM infringement , even they can monitor on their own domains in "lease to own" & raise the concerns back to us when its appropriate.

Kindly note, the risk of TM infringement is always there when a website is put in place. Even for some of the established start-ups are facing TM notices from the existing business houses.

Obvious TM violations of big brands certainly we can monitor , but we cant offer a complete protection, there is clearly some risk involved with the " Lease to Own" model on that aspect.

•••
Thanks @DaaZ ,
everything you write is very reasonable imo

•••
Not all payment plan purchases are completed successfully, some domains are ultimately returned to sellers. So, it is important to check whether the marketplace decucts all 100% of their total commission from the 1st payment (not good), or deducts the % from each successful payment (which is how the things should work).

I'd recomment namesilo: not only they deduct the commission monthly from each payment, but they also have so many country-specific payment options that even countries with complicated currency exchange (foreign purchase) regulations are covered, which may be useful for non-US buyers. Installment payment should probably require payment option supporting rebills though.

Last edited:
•••
Not all payment plan purchases are completed successfully, some domains are ultimately returned to sellers. So, it is important to check whether the marketplace decucts all 100% of their total commission from the 1st payment (not good), or deducts the % from each successful payment (which is how the things should work).
Cant speak for all - as per as DaaZ is concerned - we charge 8% commission fee only if the lease is paid by the buyer. If a buyer not honour to pay the lease as agreed in the contract , certainly we will cancel the contract and handover the domain name back to the seller.

•••
certainly we will cancel the contract and handover the domain name back to the seller.
yeah, this is not a question. The question is: (example). $12K purchase, 12 payments X $1,000, 8% marketplace fee . The buyer stopped paying after the 1st month. He paid $1000 only. The domain is returned. Will the marketplace receive $80 (8% of the one and only $1000 payment) OR will the marketplace deduct $960 (8% of expected $12K amount) in the very beginning, from the 1st payment, in this case sending the seller $40 only?

Last edited:
•••
yeah, this is not a question. The question is: (example). $12K purchase, 12 payments X $1,000, 8% marketplace fee . The buyer stopped paying after the 1st month. He paid $1000 only. The domain is returned. Will the marketplace receive $80 (8% of the one and only $1000 payment) OR will the marketplace deduct $960 (8% of expected $12K amount) in the very beginning, from the 1st payment, in this case sending the seller $40 only?
We charge success fee / commission only on successful payments on a monthly basis.

--> Buyer paid 1000 USD as first month lease - then we charge 80 USD as our success fee and 920 USD Payout to the seller's bank account
--> Buyer has not honoured to pay the 2nd month lease with in the grace period - we will cancel the contract and refund the domain name to seller.

Last edited:
•••
Up to 12 months - no extra charges to the buyer. If the buyer is looking for beyond 12 months period, they need to pay extra amount - that amount is shared between the seller and DaaZ. Extra fee is used to ... domain renewal ...
Thanks Daaz

a question about domain renewal.
Example
we are in June 2023

Seller sets today (June 2023) the installment period at 12 months i.e. until June 2024,
domain expires in 6 months i.e. December 2023,
in 3 months i.e. September 2023, a buyer subscribes the 12 months-installment.

At expiration date i.e. in December 2023, seller doesn't renew the registration of the domain.

What happens then?
How get the situation settled, so to speak? :xf.smile:

•••
Thanks Daaz

a question about domain renewal.
Example
we are in June 2023

Seller sets today (June 2023) the installment period at 12 months i.e. until June 2024,
domain expires in 6 months i.e. December 2023,
in 3 months i.e. September 2023, a buyer subscribes the 12 months-installment.

At expiration date i.e. in December 2023, seller doesn't renew the registration of the domain.

What happens then?
How get the situation settled, so to speak?
Once the first instalment is received , we take the domain name in our control.
If its standard renewal price like 10 to 20 USD, we will take care of the same automatically. Seller no need to worry about this part.

If its premium renewal price e.g:1000 USD or 500 USD per year , we will make the seller notified at the first installment time itself , we will deduct such fees from one of the future payouts ( alignging to renewal date).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back