Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NigelD

Established Member
Impact
found a great one for all the ngtld lovers

alotof.fun - AVAILABLE - BE QUICK

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ok so. I "was" going to quit having .fun? but that little voice told me to keep on. I'm convinced after seeing all the Geos in .fun taken by Radix registry and having $12,500 monthly renewal.

I was "stuck" on not getting America. didn't quit there.

so I looked....."South" umm South America? lol

So grabbed SouthAmerica.fun

SouthAmerica.com Estibot $232K
Sold
southamerica.com 30,000 USD 2016-01-11 NamesCon

I like it!

South American Population in 2016 422.5 million.

Almost equal to American Population (Pre-Trump) (Most move to Canada "Supposedly" after he won. lol :xf.wink:

•••
I saw this thread and thought I would try and reg some just to see if they were available- good job by everybody to pick most of them up. It kinda appears that the registry used a dictionary, then curated it abit and registered every one word possibility, that were sellable. Then you guys grabbed a bunch of good ones- which is great. There are some 3 letters abbreviations that make sense though I noticed. I am tempted to buy a couple just because, I tried a few proper names and some were already priced high, but noticed other names that were only $6.88, so there are some proper names still available.

•••
Avail to reg, regular renewal fee's for now.
Renewal.fun
Renewals.fun

•••
DoNotWasteYourMoneyon.fun its totalcrap.fun

•••
Start is weak...
As of today - just under 4K domains have been registered...
I'm continually amazed that companies don't realize that reserving most words as (extremely) high premiums hurt the number of registrations.

•••
i have no interest .fun domains

•••
Just now I bought latenight.fun

•••
.fun is huge waste and is a joke

All the nice .fun have renewal fees of $x,xxx a year. NO THANKS!
I searched for 15-20 domains in a row that I wanted to register and each one had $x,xxx renewal fee.

.fun could have been a huge opportunity in domain business but with renewal prices of $x,xxx
I will not invest in any .fun , I have no interest in .fun domains.

•••
Domaining.Fun
Mine :) I'm open to offers.

For your spot poll, it probably depends on the word. Emoji was a premium. I picked up emojis. I think it still works, perhaps not as good as emoji, though.

•••
Out of curiosity, can you let us know what it ends at? (Or PM me)

I was the only bidder for UAE.FUN! I got it at $10

Hope it will worth something oneday

•••
•••
.FUN looks to be in competition with .LOL - should take many years to fight this one out !

•••
It's always the same concept:
Registration is 'cheap', renewal / transfer isn't.

Like 'baits for the fishes' - but at least we have 365 days to sell it before the 'critical day'! ;)

Last edited:
•••
I like Crush.fun for reference to dating or the very popular Candy Crush game. Amor.fun is good too.

•••
gamesforgirls.fun

.com was sold for 500k

0.5% of that will be great:)

just trying

•••
•••
Still under 5K domains even...
Demand is minimal.

The registry reserved too many domains.
End users(if there are any) & domainers can't register the best or even the good domains.
I found just one good domain and registered it since it was the only one available & not reserved out of thousands...of domains I checked.
I can understand they are trying to make money but it is too much.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wonder how much they've spent marketing .fun? I imagine far more than they've recouped in registration fees. This is the .fun graph so far - they haven't even sold 5000 domains yet and the graph is already plateauing - and we're only a couple of weeks into this launch:

upload_2017-4-18_8-20-17.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
who registered funfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfun.fun ?

•••
•••
I don't think .fun has much of a future other than a few niche sales.

•••
This is a joke. Please tell me when .funny is available so I can register very.funny at a premium to write jokes blog about these new gtld.

•••
Everyone can discuss .fun but only one can register discuss.fun
Then we can discuss dicsuss.fun

:xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back