IT.COM

discuss Discuss and Showcase Drone Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have recently read that the drone industry is trying to change the word "drone" to something different.

The word "drone" has a very bad rep. for obvious reasons.

What do you think will happen with the word "drone" and drone domain names?

Feel free to showcase your drone domain names on this thread.

:tu:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Need opinions...What makes more sense? (Drone Photography)

Droneography (with the e)

or

Dronography (without the e)
I will say for a better brandable, Dronography looks way better but either way I would sell them both together as a package for complete branding.
:)

•••
•••
drono.png

•••
Commercial drones are ready for takeoff

http://m.washingtonpost.com/opinion...97cbb8-dc80-11e3-8009-71de85b9c527_story.html

It seem's to be on the rise everywhere apart from the US with the FAA dragging their feet according to the link above.....

"Meanwhile, much of the rest of the world is adopting drones. Sales of drones — both military and commercial — are expected to reach $89 billion globally over the next decade, according to the aerospace-research company Teal Group. The industry is developing rapidly, and other countries are reaping the benefits. In Japan, drones have been used to spray crops for two decades. In Britain, drones are used to check the undersides of oil platforms, and real estate agents use them for promotional pictures. Germany, Australia and the United Arab Emirates are developing uses for the technology, from recording sporting events to delivering goods and documents."

Last edited:
•••
Obviously, new technology needs to be programmed. So, I regged these as I'm unsure of what kind of coding is involved in UAV's/Drones, but it makes logical sense to have somewhat of a common programming syntax with the commercial introduction of drones. This would allow one person to program from the most simplistic form of turn right, turn left to mapping out full flight patterns, relay information on height, GPS, etc. to go from one company to the next with ease.

Drogrammer com
Drogramming com

After I registered dronegrammer com as it didn't quite make much sense the day after, but still see value in the 3.

Brandable's for whatever code they use and brings together a community with people of the same interests.

Input as this isn't quite my playing field? :rolleyes:

•••
Obviously, new technology needs to be programmed. So, I regged these as I'm unsure of what kind of coding is involved in UAV's/Drones, but it makes logical sense to have somewhat of a common programming syntax with the commercial introduction of drones. This would allow one person to program from the most simplistic form of turn right, turn left to mapping out full flight patterns, relay information on height, GPS, etc. to go from one company to the next with ease.

Drogrammer com
Drogramming com

After I registered dronegrammer com as it didn't quite make much sense the day after, but still see value in the 3.

Brandable's for whatever code they use and brings together a community with people of the same interests.

Hi David,

Personally I have not had any success with cutting up words etc..., however that doesn't mean they don't have value if a potential buyer wanted a domain branded that way.

The obvious one to me would be to get DroneProgrammer.com which seem's to have been registered over a year ago, have you tried contacting the owner?....... good domains are dotted about for a couple hundred bucks so maybe your attention should go on the after market and try to buy full wording domains....... the time to buy is now, and as every month goes by and drones get cheaper the appeal to consumers will grow...

Good luck anyway bud.

Stu

Last edited:
•••
As this isn't my niche, I decided to just hop on board doing next to no research (very bad mistake for new domainers, do not follow in those footsteps) and hand regged a few domains which include those 3 as well as camodrones, dronecamo and finddrones com.

Obviously, this is because you want camouflage on your drones and you may want to find drones (either lost, stolen or to purchase).

One of which I put on GD 7 day public auction (don't know if I can link or discuss this bit of information) for a BE point of $10. It's gotten views and may sell within the next 24 hours, for profit or not.

•••
•••
The Money Team is just lucky I am late... I would have fried his ass. You don't talk about FX anyhow.

•••
Need opinions...What makes more sense? (Drone Photography)

Droneography (with the e)

or

Dronography (without the e)
drone photography
or dronescape maybe?

•••

Drogrammer com
Drogramming com

I would keep them…you never know what new words will develop :)

•••
I would keep them…you never know what new words will develop :)
Can't beat a good brandable that you're unsure of for $1.99. ;)

•••
•••
•••
I just bought a drone toy myself (ar drone 2.0), and i think this niche has a bright future :D

•••
I just bought a drone toy myself (ar drone 2.0), and i think this niche has a bright future :D

Ive ordered one too....lol....big 37 year old kid really!

•••
•••
i think there will be 'set zones' to use these recreationally ??

•••
just hand regged ProDrones.uk (& .co.uk). Not a bad find if I do say so myself :)

•••
Man... I thought I had the willpower to stay away from this damn niche! Had to reg a few after reading this thread but it feels uber speculative with the word 'drone' not being embraced by their own industry. Oh well. I coupon regd the following, happy with many, not so sure about the others:

A1Drones.com
DroneAmbulance.com
DroneCamera.tv
DroneCamRent.com
DroneCams.tv
DroneConstruction.com
DroneFarmEquipment.com
DronePatroller.com
DronePatrolling.com
DroneRepairShop.com
DroneRepairing.com
DroneSurveil.com
DroneWasteManagement.com
FarmEquipmentDrone(s).com
IDroneCam.com
PatrollerDrone.com
RealEstateDroneCam.com
RealestateDroneCamera.com
RealEstateDroneCams.com
RealtyDroneCam.com
RealtytDroneCamera.com
RealtyDroneVideo.com
UASAmbulance.com
UASDeliveryServices.com
WasteManagementDrone(s).com

Damn... picked up some TM's in there.

•••
Yeah, the industry I hear are trying to "rebrand" away from the term drone.

As the saying goes, you can polish a turd, rename a turd, but ultimately it's still a turd.

Some nice names there 420 :)

•••
•••
The term drone is going no-where.....

There seem to be a lot of domains with the term - 'unmanned' , available to reg.......Lot's still available including - Store, Pro, Zone etc........

I did just reg one -

UnmannedCrafts

(Dot Com)

I can't see the term drone going anywhere soon thought but worth a punt using a godaddy $0.99 code...

Cheers

Stu

Last edited:
•••
who says it's going nowhere? Nobody can with any certainty one way or another. It all depends on how they get taken up by the mainstream. When I hear the word drone I think of little flying objects with cameras. No doubt if I was from a small village in Pakistan I'd think of them as killing machines.

Or another way to think of it - a gun has always been called a gun. A helicopter is a helicopter etc.

•••
who says it's going nowhere? Nobody can with any certainty one way or another. It all depends on how they get taken up by the mainstream.

Just going off the media, most domainers do....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back