Domain Empire

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lots of congratulations, but is this a completed LTO? How many installments have you received already?
They said they wanted to do a 24-month LTO during discussions but ended up just paying for it in full.

•••
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.
Gud can you help me for the same

•••
Congrats @twiki on the sale.
Good news for one of my domains.

•••
Just a small sale on Sedo.

Wanted to point out that I had 0 sales on Sedo since 2017 (maybe few occasional low ball offers) , but in the last ~15 months I had 6 sales.

Show attachment 235686
Anyone else just feel good even just by seeing other people's domain sales? Addicting

Congrats mate!

•••
•••
@DotKing Did you make any changes that you think triggered the 6 sales?
Nothing radical. Always BIN + make offer. I just change prices across all platforms from time to time.

•••
P.S. Why are so few others reporting sales here lately? Is it that slow?

Not slow at all. I've sold 3 domains this week so far.

I've stopped reporting my sales because of UnreportedSales.com.

I understand that when you post something publicly you can't control where that information goes, but there was sort of a gentleman's agreement to let the names stay obfuscated and to not put it in an indexable database like they did.

Again, I know there's nothing that can be done to stop them from doing this, but until they stop I am not going to post sales in public.

•••
@twiki, could you enlighten us with regards to your Sedo sales recently? Is it one or two person that buy your names on Sedo? Most domainers here as far as I know have a terrible Sedo experience with zero sales or one sale in 10 years or so.
I have been for 3 years on Sedo with 0 traction.

Last edited:
•••
No, different buyers from different places. Name cheap, Alibaba, IONOS in particular.

Unsure why it started working at some point, in the past I had close to zero sales at Sedo

•••
Not slow at all. I've sold 3 domains this week so far.
Great! nice to hear that
I've stopped reporting my sales because of UnreportedSales.com.

I understand that when you post something publicly you can't control where that information goes, but there was sort of a gentleman's agreement to let the names stay obfuscated and to not put it in an indexable database like they did.

Again, I know there's nothing that can be done to stop them from doing this, but until they stop I am not going to post sales in public.
Well, maybe you are having different expectations than the reality, or looking at it from the wrong angle.

When you post something, obfuscated or not, it's public. Obfuscation merely prevented indexing (until now). But today, with the AI? AI knows it's a domain and can read everything.

You might not want to post yours, and it's your decision of course.

I post because I know it's important for others. And many are inspired.

The final thing is, I sell via marketplaces, not directly. I don't have a contract or NDA with the seller. If they want me hush hush, better pay me up and I'll sign an Nda then hush.

Domain name is public info. A sale number is not personal information. So bite me (not you... the buyer).

Last edited:
•••
Domain name is public info. A sale number is not personal information.
I mostly agree with you, reporting sale and price is usually not a big deal, but UnreportedSales.com put the link to Namepros post where it is reported.
It's basically "meet your seller" without any consent and I personally don't like it.

•••
Slow here but a great time to make purchases and grow your portfolio with quality names.

•••
Thanks to God my first 4 figure domain sold through LTO.
HandReg : 2021-05-26
Sold: 2023-04-27
Total investment : $20
Sold : 6449 EURO.
Net Profit after commission : 5034 EURO
defidomain.png

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 236696
You need to provide the domain name as per the thread rules.
Also, LTO domain names should be reported only after it is fully paid. Buyers tend to cancel after a few months.

•••
Show attachment 236696

And what is the actual name exactly?

Edit: Mods, apologies for this comment -but the above sale reported has to be either complete info OR deleted, this isn't following sale reporting rules. (delete mine as well, apologies again)

Last edited:
•••
As this LTO..I hide the name but the gambling related name.

•••
You need to provide the domain name as per the thread rules.
Also, LTO domain names should be reported only after it is fully paid. Buyers tend to cancel after a few months.
Okay got it...thanks for letting me know

•••
AirKerala.com sold for (Dh1M) $270K
source

You, my friend, are legend here.

(I'm not the one to typically say things like that, but it is worth saying in this context)

I wish someday I can be following in your footsteps even if just partially. That'd be a major life change for yours truly.

I tried already, and it's not getting there, but who ever knows... Each of us here has to forge their own path, it seems. We do learn from others, and sometimes we do get a stroke of luck, either help or some kind of sudden illumination about our domains and our process. Guess you have to put the hard work in and hope the guy upstairs will also throw you an opportunity, a chance that you can take for a big change.

•••
Retail (dot) WTF
$199 @ Dan (Afternic)
Cost: $2.76 (hand reg at sav)
Hold time: 2 months

You can try increase the prices of your .WTFs little bit. I sold 2 .WTFs within 2-3 months. The price of each was around 1800-2000 USD. .WTF portfolio size ~ 120 domains. Congrats anyway!

Last edited:
•••
You can try increase the prices of your .WTFs little bit. I sold 2 .WTFs within 2-3 months. The price of each was around 1800-2000 USD. .WTF portfolio size ~ 120 domains. Congrats anyway!

and I sold 500 in 2 hours.. u know it dont count unless u give name and price

•••
Kolshy.com
Mean Everything.com in Arabic language.
The Term used in:
online stores, marketplaces, classified ads
to Buy/Sell (Everything) online

Hi all,

Payment received and the domain is with the buyer

Show attachment 237339

Background on this sale:
The domain was bought for less than $15 at auction end of Feb 2023. The buyer reached out to me immediately after I won the domain advising they were the only other bidder and had been unable to place another bid after I did because there was very little time left in the auction but that they would like to purchase it from me. After a couple of emails, they offered $200.

I advised I would accept $500 however they were adamant that they would not pay more than $200 and felt this was fair as they knew I had just acquired the name for under $15.

I bought the name with the intention of adding it to SH or BB as I am working to increase my portfolio on each. The name was subsequently rejected from both marketplaces.

After 2 months went by without contact I reached out to the buyer at the weekend advising I would accept $200 and imported the lead to Dan which they accepted.

I'm trying to learn every chance I get to improve as a domainer so I'd really appreciate people giving their thoughts on the above, how would you have handled this situation? Can you see any obvious errors on my part?

As this forum is for reporting sales only please direct message me instead of replying here.

As an aside to the above I have had 1 other sale which I will report after the buyer makes the final payment (currently I have received 4 out of 6)

Best regards
Scott

•••
Thanks for sharing but this is the one phrase i implore all people to avoid. I will be watching out for this name in future UDRP cases; you did well; thanks again for sharing! Avoid “ChatGPT” phrase at all costs, noobs!

•••
Thanks for sharing but this is the one phrase i implore all people to avoid. I will be watching out for this name in future UDRP cases; you did well; thanks again for sharing! Avoid “ChatGPT” phrase at all costs, noobs!
Thanks, I am aware of that.. I always pay attention via https://legacy.branddb.wipo.int/branddb/en/index.jsp and my domain was registered before WO TM was active.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back