Domain Empire

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@MysticHero What you did classic Front Running as understood by the industry. You just linked to a wikipedia definition, but what you did is the most classic example of Front running that this Industry Loathes.

Since you argued that it is not, I will assume you didn't "know", which is why i am the taking out time to explain.

This is a classic example of Front Running where you see a domain you like on Afternic/DAN

Instead of taking risk like all other domainers do, (what we do is take risk right? To hope to sell to an end user.), you out bounded to an end user and once you clinched the deal, you bought.

This has several repercussions. Outbounding a name gives the Buyer a reason to file for UDRP. It has happened in the past .

I have several domains whose potential buyers I know. But in passive investing, not outbounding and wait for the buyer to knock first gives us better chance to sell the name for a higher price. Here if the buyer had said, he was not interested, you have potentially burnt his leads.

Many people do not outbound for the simple reason, to wait for the potential buyer to blink first.,

While I cannot stop you from front running, and there are other people who do it, as domainer we work on a honor system and don't try to sell domains before buying it.

Take it as a lesson.
Don't do it.

•••
I hope you're not accusing me of front running. If you read back, it was me that highlighted the issue!

to me it was more like u accusing everyone of making this mistake.

•••
Whats wrong with you? Go and play with someone else.

•••
And don't twist my words.

u twist yer own words.
by talking about everyone making some whatever mistake.. when the discussion is about specific person making specific mistake. I think my ignore list will love u.

•••
I said we all make mistakes. That was it. Sorry if I offended you.

•••
The way they presented the sale in the first instance quite clearly shows they thought they had done nothing wrong - it needs someone to point out why it is wrong for people to understand, until then if you don't know......then you don't know - They might have linked it to Arbitrage, which people use to try and justify doing it

I am not condoning it, in fact it is completely out of order when people do it but in this instance I personally think there was no malicious intent, now if they continue to do it after everyone has pointed out why it is frowned upon then that it is a different story......

well now the owner showed up so they can divide profit. and everyone almost happy. :)

•••
•••
@MysticHero not to mention that the company that ended up buying the name could've had a different attitude and file a UDRP (perhaps not on proper grounds) against the owner of the domain.....
Exactly the guy definitely has a talent. But thats a big misuse of it. He could have easily purchased it first from me. Rather than outbouding for it without informing me while i owned that name. It could have gone wrong in so many ways. He seemed to have done outbound to dot com but they could have instead taken copyright action and it would have been on me. I hope this is his first and only attempt at this.

Last edited:
•••
Exactly the guy definitely has a talent. But thats a big misuse of it. He could have easily purchased it first from me. Rather than outbouding for it without informing me while i owned that name. It could have gone wrong in so many ways. He seemed to have done outbound to dot com but they could have instead taken copyright action and it would have been on me.

Not to mention, this happens all the time.

Many UDRP cases are triggered when seller approach the buyer.

•••
Outbounding someone else's domain without the owner's consent is unethical. Agree with @blogspotter
Many UDRP cases are triggered when seller approach the buyer.

•••
I believe many of the common lowballs offers or whats called " fake offers" the domainers getting from time to time for certain domains , are coming from guys do similar outbound strategies , and they want to know whats the lowest price can be accepted by domain owners , so they can estimate the possible
" profit/ risk/effort " before they approach targeted buyer by outboundig !
The member @MysticHero just did it different way .

Last edited:
•••
•••
Okay, guys, Pls don't criticize me more. I really didn't knew this was unethical considering I'm new to domaining. I wouldn't have shared the details if I knew it was wrong. I've learnt my session and won't do this again. This was my first and last attempt PARDON!

@DnFolk - I was expecting your reply. I thought someone having such a large portfolio of premium .COs must be on NP. Sorry, if this hurts you in any way. I thought this is normal. :P
BTW, I started the agreement first (but didn't pay) then I approached the buyer.

DnFolk - I've something to offer you, pls head over to your inbox. Let's do this ethical way. ;)

Last edited:
•••
@MysticHero I commend you for acknowledging what you found to be a unintentional mistake and I also commend you for doing the right thing by reaching out to DnFolk the ethical way...:xf.wink:

•••
@MysticHero I commend you for acknowledging what you found to be a unintentional mistake and I also commend you for doing the right thing by reaching out to DnFolk the ethical way...:xf.wink:

tenor.gif

•••
Okay, guys, Pls don't criticize me more. I really didn't knew this was unethical considering I'm new to domaining. I wouldn't have shared the details if I knew it was wrong. I've learnt my session and won't do this again. This was my first and last attempt PARDON!

@DnFolk - I was expecting your reply. I thought someone having such a large portfolio of premium .COs must be on NP. Sorry, if this hurts you in any way. I thought this is normal. :P
BTW, I started the agreement first (but didn't pay) then I approached the buyer.

DnFolk - I've something to offer you, pls head over to your inbox. Let's do this ethical way. ;)

Its alright now since you realize it and aiming to learn from this mistake. Its most important. I wish you the best.
and Thank you for your offer of selling my domains (this time) on my behalf, though like members here, I was expecting some share of the sale :xf.grin:😛:xf.wink:

•••
•••
Lol I was typing away too fast without editing.

Make it 3 offers. Yeah, I got 4 real offers and one was a .io. Not sure why I even mentioned. Maybe because it was the same day

Yes. July 2020
Yes, I was selling 3-4 .co names (cheap promo names) every month since around November/December.
As of now I have about 1000 promo .co names

In April I repriced the promo .cos to 14xx-19xx

And no I have not had any 4 figure sales since I did that, but it's been only 3 weeks. They only made offers, so 2 names foe 200 each, and the one today for 299. SO now I removed the make offer also on some names and did only BIN to see how it affects the sales.

When I repriced the .co, I also repriced other TLDs, and sold a .co.uk for 1988 (it was priced at 999 before april)

What lesson? i am not giving any lessons. Just sharing my thoughts

where do u make most sales?

•••
where do u make most sales?
50% Afternic I think even though I never used their lander... Rest on SEDO, DAN, EPik, Uni... I list them everywhere... That is my daily job before at sleep at 2AM lol
Lander I keep testing.. Now mostly on DAN and UNI. next month I will move everything to EPik and test. I had epik names on epik for a bit and it was promising

Last edited:
•••
50% Afternic I think... Rest on SEDO, DAN, EPik, Uni... I list them everywhere... That is my daily job before at sleep at 2AM lol

daily job? lol u can only list them once per market

•••
daily job? lol u can only list them once per market
I mean I consolidate the day's auction wins, purchases, dropcatch etc and list them before I sleep... I also send out proof of ownership email to SEDO and Afternic in case there is conflict in listing

•••
I mean I consolidate the day's auction wins, purchases, dropcatch etc and list them before I sleep... I also send out proof of ownership email to SEDO and Afternic in case there is conflict in listing
First, congrats! Those $299-$499-$599 sales are my favorite ones. These amounts don't seem to be too high, but when I convert it to my own currency, and compare it with my supposedly great salary (10+ years in the financial sector), these are still very substantial ones for me :)
So you list your .co domains on SEDO as well? For some reason I've never done that. Only my .eu names are listed there. Sending proof of ownership is a huge PITA, at least you can set your NSs at Sedo. Why it is not working at Afternic, I can't wrap my head around it :)

•••

What is proof of ownership email? How does it work?

•••
First, congrats! Those $299-$499-$599 sales are my favorite ones. These amounts don't seem to be too high, but when I convert it to my own currency, and compare it with my supposedly great salary (10+ years in the financial sector), these are still very substantial ones for me :)
So you list your .co domains on SEDO as well? For some reason I've never done that. Only my .eu names are listed there. Sending proof of ownership is a huge PITA, at least you can set your NSs at Sedo. Why it is not working at Afternic, I can't wrap my head around it :)

I have made Mid 4 figure .co sales on Sedo.
See my explanation below for sedo ownership. Don't do it for existing domains, unless you do it 10 or so at a time.

I like the 499 sales too. Great endorphin as well. But I am just testing some hypothesis

What is proof of ownership email? How does it work?

It works with every registrar. They won't allow if you send 1000 names since their customer service cannot verify all the 1000 screenshots, but for 20-30 names everyday, it is the easiest way to verify.

I never had any issues till today.
Once I get a domain in my account, just as I update nameserver etc, I take a screenshot of the panel clearly showing the domain name, and my "name" OR the email if it is the one I use in SEDO.

For a few registrars it is a pita to get everything in one screenshot. Just zoom in that case, Ctrl/Command and Minus.

and I save every screenshot as the domain name and send it to sedo email.
It has worked for me every single time. Makes it easier for the SEDO team also.
Same with Afternic and Uni :)

All my names are verified within 24 hours.

message me on Whatsapp if you want more details.. I am "T" on phone ending -244

Last edited:
•••
I have made Mid 4 figure .co sales on Sedo.
See my explanation below for sedo ownership. Don't do it for existing domains, unless you do it 10 or so at a time.

I like the 499 sales too. Great endorphin as well. But I am just testing some hypothesis

It works with every registrar. They won't allow if you send 1000 names since their customer service cannot verify all the 1000 screenshots, but for 20-30 names everyday, it is the easiest way to verify.

I never had any issues till today.
Once I get a domain in my account, just as I update nameserver etc, I take a screenshot of the panel clearly showing the domain name, and my "name" OR the email if it is the one I use in SEDO.

For a few registrars it is a pita to get everything in one screenshot. Just zoom in that case, Ctrl/Command and Minus.

and I save every screenshot as the domain name and send it to sedo email.
It has worked for me every single time. Makes it easier for the SEDO team also.
Same with Afternic and Uni :)

All my names are verified within 24 hours.

message me on Whatsapp if you want more details.. I am "T" on phone ending -244

Thank you ) Would be hard for 8500 domains though ))

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back