Dynadot

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain names: Pledge/Bitcoin.com, Loan/Against/Bitcoin.com and Loan/Against/Crypto.com
Sale price: $1300
Actual received: $1300 (Bank Transfer)
Sale venue: Outbound
Purchase price: Hand reg at $25.65 ($8.55 each)
Hold Time: 18 days

Good to Know: Neg started at $300 from buyer side and $4000 from my side.

No further info to be provided

Today, I received an email from my client who was upset that I had shared our 'private, confidential sale related' data with a person ( fellow Namepros member email ID shared). She was upset with my behavior. She also informed that the concerned person told her that 'he knows me'.

Of course, I can call out that person on this forum and question him on the 'misuse' of data and making claims of acquaintance. However, on the other side, I am sure there are many more out there who do not understand the professional etiquette in handling such data. Each one seem to have their own interpretation.

Anyway, I informed the client that it is a general practice to report sales of domains by registry and resellers and, the same is available in public domain. I also informed client that it would be a good practice to go 'Private' while registering domains to avoid unnecessary contacts/ spam.

Overall, this was a learning for me and, moving forward I will be proactively informing my clients to make their WhoIs data private once the sale is completed. I understand some genuine, professional sellers might be impacted ( as they might not be able to sell similar domains to them) but I guess it is important to do this to maintain personal client relations.

P.S: I am posting the message here as it is directly linked to this post/ thread

Last edited:
•••
I know it is not the right place but I hope moderators will excuse me!

I want to say big thank you guys for amazing work we done this year!

We take experience from each other by sharing our successful sales!

I am very proud to be a part of you!

I want to wish you and to your families a Happy New Year! ! !

•••
•••
I just rocked today, 4 sales at a time :) feeling happy with sad mood, i forget these are old domains but sold them at cheap prices. Bad day for me

affiliatefood.com
Hold time 1 month
Sold for $299
Domain age 15 years purchased from closeout expiring
Venue Afternic

freegamespace.com
Hold time 3 month
Sold for $299
Domain age 16 years purchased from closeout expiring
Venue Godaddy

Hold time 2 month
Sold for $499
Domain age 19 years purchased from closeout expiring
Venue Sedo

pizzavendor.com
Hold time 15 days
Sold for $699
Domain age 21 years purchased from closeout expiring
Venue Afternic

FAKE SALES

All the domain names are still available on DAN, Sedo, Aftermic, GoDaddy etc for $1995. Normally, when the domain names are sold on Afternic, Sedo etc. it automatically gets delisted. It's very unlikely that someone bought these domain names and immediately listed them again on Afternic, Sedo, Godaddy for 1995.

upload_2021-6-8_19-43-43.png

upload_2021-6-8_19-44-58.png

upload_2021-6-8_19-46-42.png

Also, the domain names listed on Dan are by "Lazzybuz". The mods have temporarily closed your below thread for fishy activity. What's your relationship with "Lazzybuz"?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/li...omains-at-wholesale-prices-fadwe-com.1227060/

•••
I just negotiated on a name through a platform. Let me rob him is a hard thing to say, there is a reason why I'm not around here anymore as I used to.
I always give value, and get nothing in return.
It was a metaphor about you the buyer getting a good ass deal & him the seller not doing his research so getting a bad deal..

Getting robbed and giving something away for free are common meme phrases used when people paperhand assets well below their value even if money was exchanged. Wasn't tryna say you stole it in the literal sense lol..

•••
So you don't have much of a ROI overall if I'm not mistaken?

He has a good sell rate, with ~5 employees.
Now, let's do some basic mathematics to estimate his monthly earnings:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
100 domains/week = 400/month = 400*$7 = $2800/month
5 employees/mo = 5*$250 = $1250/month
total cost = $4050/month
About 7-8 sales per week @ $300 average, so
revenue = 7*$300*4 = $8400/month
So, Profit = $8400-$4050 = $4350/month
$4350/month, even in USA, is a very good income.
@rohitgoyal lives in India where $4350/mo is very very good and where senior VPs and junior C-Level Executives get paid about that much.

•••
What Afternic nameservers are you using?
if you want to display an afternic/godaddy landing page and don't wish to show parking ads you can use the following nameservers:

Ns3.afternic.com
Ns4.afternic.com

The landing page will appear like so:

upload_2019-12-15_5-8-14.png

Note @frank-germany I set buy it now prices on all my names and because I'm in the business of selling and not holding I am not too greedy with my prices either.

Last edited:
•••
I'm sorry but I don't buy these reported .xyz super sales anymore. Something is definitely off.
Crypto has the money and apparently crypto likes .xyz.
I still think its money laundering. The amounts keep getting higher too.
No one in that position would announce sales. Dngear has done an amazing job getting all these top .xyz names before .xyz was a legitimate extension.
--
evolve(dot)global - $9k - afternic.
Regged in 2020, total cost $104.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-16 183114.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-16 183114.png
    64 KB · Views: 134
•••
P.S. Why are so few others reporting sales here lately? Is it that slow?

Not slow at all. I've sold 3 domains this week so far.

I've stopped reporting my sales because of UnreportedSales.com.

I understand that when you post something publicly you can't control where that information goes, but there was sort of a gentleman's agreement to let the names stay obfuscated and to not put it in an indexable database like they did.

Again, I know there's nothing that can be done to stop them from doing this, but until they stop I am not going to post sales in public.

•••
Don't like to post exact domains so...

(Insert Some City Here)AM.com

Sold at my buy it now price of $2999.00

Minus Third Party Aftermarket 20% Commission $599.80

Hand registered 11 years ago so I got like $90 into it total.

So just over $2300 profit on this one after registration/renewal/third party aftermarket fees taken out.

Last edited:
•••
Did you registered this name because of search volume stats? If yes, then which tool you use to check search volume?

or is there some other reason?
Just used a simple Google search for this one. Veteran home loans seem to be a pretty big thing in the US, and at the time there was even a site built on the singular version of the name.

Normally I wouldn't bother with a four word, weirdly specific domain... but when it comes to loans and insurance, there seems to be a market for weirdly specific niche names. I've sold a couple insurance names in this vein as well.

I think buyers typically use them for lead generation and promotion. I suppose any leg up helps in really competitive industries.

I'm on the fence about renewing these types of names each year, but I keep clinging to them.

•••
@alcy
First of all; congrats on your sale! Well done!
Sencondly; it's perhaps because I'm a non-native English speaker but your posts are always like a puzzle to me and hard to understand. Could you please write your posts in more coherent sentences? Would be great because I like your input. Cheers.

•••
Hai everyone!

It's been awhile since I've posted in this thread, and whenever I am able to, I always feel so privileged and happy!

I just sold: #@P///a///[][][p[][][]@#@#e[][]:::l.in
Inquiry through Bodis.com
Acquisition cost: hand reggae @gd. I originally reggae it last summer to answer the call of @D who was offering up to 5k for great one-word .in domains. (but he didn't like any of mine lol)
Initial offer from buyer: $1000
Final sale price: $100 via PP

Some of u will make fun of me :xf.cry: because here is the story:

The kind buyer's inquiry offered $1000 USD and said he needed the domain for his company. . .

Well I try asking for advice here on NP, but only Corey replied and said counter offer. . . I did a bit of research on .in and saw that they really don't sell!!!!:xf.eek:

At average they only sell for around $100 thru $300. . . So I realized this was a good deal and replied that I accept his offer of $1,000!

But the buyer no respond and I had to send a follow-up email 3 days. . . he then reply that he already bought a domain for his company but would be interested in buying my .in domain for $10 still.

His offer went from $1000 to $10. . . So I said no, but was very nice and wished him luck with his business.

He responded asking what price I wanted, so I said if he really still needed my .in, I could let it go for $400.

He said in India $400 is very big and would hurt his wallet. He said it converts to x,xxx. He then offered $50.

At this point I was not sure wat to do. . .The namebio data scared me, and the domain was expiring in June. . . On one hand, I would be rid of it and earn $50, on the other -- this guy was I think trying to just get a cheap deal. . .

I replied asking why such a drastic lower in price. After all he started with $1000 USD! I say if he didn't have the bankroll to begin with, then why offer that?

He said he mistakenly added an extra 0 to the end of his initial offer. He meant to offer $100. He said he really needed the domain and in India such figures are v big, so he was hoping to close the deal at $50. . .

Thankfully, JayT was kind enough to invite me into his illuminati trading group. Distraught I turned to electric-shadow for help on there ^^. . .

He gave me very insightful advice and for that I am very grateful. . . He used a businessman mindset and said that I should tell the buyer that $50 is not enough money for the time spent (writing this domain sales thread :tightlyclosedeyes: lol not really), sending inquiries and responding to his emails, and the amount of research on buying the .in domain. And that I should offer the buyer financing. But he also said that $100 was okay. These were all such good points! I felt empowered!

So I sent the buyer a reply with more not-so-friendly denial. . . I did say that I would accept his revised initial offer of $100. If he didn't have the cash now, I offered him a $10 / month deal where I DNS the domain to his hosting until fully paid. . .

But suddenly the buyer quickly replied with an acceptance that broke my heart. . . He was totally okay with the price and said "we" his legal documents company are glad the deal is set. . . He didn't sound like the price was too much at all!

Tonight he paid in PP and I pushed the .in domain.

I guess I'm just a dumb girl who somehow screwed up a $1000 deal. . . but I would ask u if u would do the same thing if u looked at the .in namebio data.

But I'm happy I sold it before it expired because to be honest, I would have let it drop. . . It is a Spanish word in a .in domain. Now I will renew all my generic word .in domains I guess. . .:tightlyclosedeyes: especially smite.in because that's the name of an MMO :D

Last edited:
•••
$10.99 + $10.00 or so and sold for $28.99 ?
$8 profit ? :xf.confused:

I dropped A-D-D,com few days ago and figured that these arent my cup of tea. Hence took whatever I could from O-H-C and tried staying clear :)

$8 profit and investment back in the pocket is still better than nothing at the end of the day IMO

I won't report anything under $1,000. Why report $8 ?

You not reporting is you, and me reporting is me.

I will even go ahead and report a loss on an investment which incurred a loss so that someone else could learn from my mistakes and not make a mistake of investing in similar niche or try to do better than me.

Different ways or angles of looking at a situation, I guess.

Last edited:
•••
BuyGolfCars.com
Purchased : $6.99 namesilo
Sold: $500
Hold time: 1 month although the buyer showed interest 24hrs after registration. But after several follow ups, he told me he had tried making payment 3 times with his Amex (American Express) through undeveloped but Amex told him it is a fraudulent transaction. I quickly changed my namesavers to namesilo and told him to try this last time, and viola, transaction was successful.
Guess the issue is undeveloped. Know of two guys with the same issue.

Small clarification here, most sellers know this, Undeveloped does not accept Amex. Since we offer seller protection for every transaction conducted at Undeveloped, we dropped accepting Amex in 2016.

•••
legacycenterdotcom.jpg

Paid $565 for it at NameJet on May 28, 2017.

GoDaddy/Afternic brokers contacted me saying a buyer was making a $3,750 offer against a $5,000 BIN. I held my ground for the full $5,000 due to the 20% GoDaddy/Afternic brokerage commission. Brokers understood. Buyer moved forward at full $5,000.
No more information available.

•••
@Reza any update on this??
Please advise as i am holding all domains in DAN.

Hi Riz, If we had any issues on our payment processing front we’d fix it.

We process thousands of transactions a month smoothly, due to the volume you’ll always have some buyers that for some reason don’t complete the checkout.

Our payment collection team see various reason on a daily basis that other platforms also have.

So this is not a standalone occurrence at Dan but at all platforms in the world that accept online payments you’ll see a refusal rate and a checkout drop off rate. On both items we score below the industry average which means that there are no issues.

Last month we broke another record month in terms of sales + 12% more transactions were processed compared to the month before.

The marketplace is thriving and finds itself in its best form!

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Thank you. Could you please be kind enough to let us know , what made you register this name, did you do any keyword research or anything else. Thank you

I don’t really do keyword research when I register in bulk like this. I look at dropped domains in the past 30-60 days usually, and have my parameter recipe which includes things like how many tlds a name is registered in, it must be shorter than 12 characters, 2-word names in English, not a premium .co and a bunch of other factors. I get a list of a few hundred to a few thousand names, and then just go through manually but at a very superficial level (i.e.: does this sound like it could be a business). The ones that make the cut, I register, like I said it’s batches of a couple of hundred usually whenever a promo comes around. All in it takes me a day of work maybe, but if I were to do proper keyword and enduser potential research for each name in the batch it would be nuts.

TL;DR: It’s a gamble. Calculated, but still, a gamble.

•••
@AbdulBasit.com - Thank you, & although you posted this very casually:

Not because who the buyer is, as that never really matters to me. I always valuate according to my valuations.

I'm sure that 2 sentence statement was read by many, but not considered. It speaks loudly of an honest business person, treating customers fairly, and a high level ethics.

I bring this up just to remind everyone there is a lot that makes someone successful in this space - there is much more, especially in domains, than squeezing every penny out of 1 deal. Many deals (valued correctly) & a good reputation will get you much further, typically.

All that takes time & no one should get frustrated or expect quick sales (as the norm). But, catching little bits of gold form those we all listen to - is the best reason the be on NamePros (IMO).

Also, thanks to everyone who shares and participated in this thread. There is so much to learn from everyone who posts here, particularly in understanding the market, trends, valuations, etc..
Brian

•••
Still in negative. Maybe because continuing to register...and the quality isn't best, many mistakes made I guess.

so u didnt reg it on promos... well at peak ever I had 4500 names..99% regs... tons of wasted money and was in red for longtime .. despite some sales like u... the key is to persist and keep learning... because domaining is for those ready for long hard learning curve often with big initial losses... .not those looking to make fast money... domaining is super hard.. but if u persist u gain a skill for life no one can take away from u ..which u can use anywhere in world... and restart yer folio from zero a million times if u feel like it.. there will always be need for domains. well at least for our lifetimes who are here now ... gl

ps I'm down to 1300 now..and shrinking.. 99% handregs ...

•••
how many xyz sold posts do u see? there is your answer as to how good an investment it is.

the lucky break for all who misinvest in it is that they only waste 1$ or less to reg it. but make no mistake.. it is a waste at any amount for domain investor.

especially with dngear already owning anything with at least some sale chance bahahahah

There are gems in this extension available to buy on the aftermarket for reasonable pricing. I recently bought Lucky (xyz)

Last edited:
•••
Nobody needs to stop posting sales. People do need to stop with the extra commentary, excessive questions and personal congrats.

What if we all did that? There would be thousands of pages of crap and not sales reports.

This thread is for the reporting of sales. You show your appreciation for reports with the LIKE and THANKS buttons.

Last edited:
•••
One more comment, apologies for this, but it is VERY IMPORTANT:

1) Don't ever, ever be in love with any of your names.

2) Be aware of FOMO - plagues an domain investor.

3) Buyer always has a different number in mind than us, sellers. It's up to you how you position against that.

4) Everything is (and should be) for sale. Don't be a collector. Collectors are perhaps proud of their collections, but financially broken.

Posted this cause I see it such things often around here.

Last edited:
•••
HealthE******.com

Purchase Price $18, two years of renewals @ $18, two years of hold time = Total Invested $54

SOLD @ BIN $5000 Afternic Fast Transfer Inbound

Sorry but if you don't post the name, you really should not bother. It's not going to be welcome here.

•••
Because then I don't understand how domain market works. No disrespect to anyone and I want to sell domains like these people but I see some very crappy domains being sold for high prices. Then I wonder if I really understand domain market at all!?
This thread is for only reported sales tho not really a discussion thread.. I think there’s a sales discussion thread too.. but don’t give up man...even when you have sales you’ll always be wondering what you’re not still doing right so in other words nobody really gets it completely right in the market.. Just keep learning and doing your part till you see what works for “you” because sometimes it’s really just your thing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back