Dynadot

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm respecting NDA agreement so that is the reason why I don't share them.
You are currently disrespecting the people around here by not adhering to the rules. If you can't disclose then don't report.

•••
[keyword] + service dot com

Sale venue: LinkedIn outbound
Sale date: 26.07.2019
Hold time: 11 days

Sent about 50 connection requests to CEOs and one of them we're interested. First offer was 100$ but negotiated to low x,xxx.

Can't tell anything more since we wrote NDA.

This was my 5. sale via LinkedIn outbound in 1,5 months
how can you contact ceo via Linkedln are you premium membership

•••
Me thinks this thread is going to have a
You can send a short message when you send a connection request, don't need premium but it does help with lead sourcing if you have sales navigator which comes with premium

•••

I include a short message when I sent connection request to the potential buyer.

I have too 12 months Crunchbase.com Pro license so I can immediately there find out the CEOs, founders etc of the companies and their social media accounts etc.

If I'm example trying to find AI companies, I just run a search about Artificial intelligence companies. I attached a screenshot about the results.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190727_144208_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190727_144208_com.android.chrome.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 54
•••
Just landed my first sale with the "Make Offer" feature at SquadHelp, will share details after everything is finalized.

•••
Just landed my first sale with the "Make Offer" feature at SquadHelp, will share details after everything is finalized.

How many names did you switch to "Make Offer" ?

•••
•••
Domain names: Pledge/Bitcoin.com, Loan/Against/Bitcoin.com and Loan/Against/Crypto.com
Sale price: $1300
Actual received: $1300 (Bank Transfer)
Sale venue: Outbound
Purchase price: Hand reg at $25.65 ($8.55 each)
Hold Time: 18 days

Good to Know: Neg started at $300 from buyer side and $4000 from my side.

No further info to be provided

Today, I received an email from my client who was upset that I had shared our 'private, confidential sale related' data with a person ( fellow Namepros member email ID shared). She was upset with my behavior. She also informed that the concerned person told her that 'he knows me'.

Of course, I can call out that person on this forum and question him on the 'misuse' of data and making claims of acquaintance. However, on the other side, I am sure there are many more out there who do not understand the professional etiquette in handling such data. Each one seem to have their own interpretation.

Anyway, I informed the client that it is a general practice to report sales of domains by registry and resellers and, the same is available in public domain. I also informed client that it would be a good practice to go 'Private' while registering domains to avoid unnecessary contacts/ spam.

Overall, this was a learning for me and, moving forward I will be proactively informing my clients to make their WhoIs data private once the sale is completed. I understand some genuine, professional sellers might be impacted ( as they might not be able to sell similar domains to them) but I guess it is important to do this to maintain personal client relations.

P.S: I am posting the message here as it is directly linked to this post/ thread

Last edited:
•••
I also informed client that it would be a good practice to go 'Private' while registering domains to avoid unnecessary contacts/ spam...

...I understand some genuine, professional sellers might be impacted ( as they might not be able to sell similar domains to them) ...

Ugh.

"Professional sellers" are exactly the unnecessary contacts/spam that these end user buyers do NOT want to hear from. It is exactly why they should use privacy in WHOIS. "Professional sellers" are simply spammers, sending unwanted email messages -- usually with junky pigeon sh*t domain names -- to domain buyers who simply want to be left alone with their recent domain purchases.

If you have domain names that are so good and that one of these end user buyers may want to buy, great, put it up for sale with a BIN price. Given that the buyer may be in the market for similar domain names and your domain name is so good, the BUYER WILL FIND YOU and simply use the BIN to buy your domain name.

Please, "professional sellers", stop spamming end user buyers after they buy a domain name with "similar" domain names. Such spammy behavior reflects poorly on the rest of us domain name investors patiently waiting for end user buyers to discover that they need our domain name and reach out to us with an offer or to pay our BIN price. If you want higher prices for your domain names, make the buyers come to you -- it puts you in a much better negotiating position.

•••
Today, I received an email from my client who was upset that I had shared our 'private, confidential sale related' data with a person ( fellow Namepros member email ID shared). She was upset with my behavior. She also informed that the concerned person told her that 'he knows me'.

Of course, I can call out that person on this forum and question him on the 'misuse' of data and making claims of acquaintance. However, on the other side, I am sure there are many more out there who do not understand the professional etiquette in handling such data. Each one seem to have their own interpretation.

Anyway, I informed the client that it is a general practice to report sales of domains by registry and resellers and, the same is available in public domain. I also informed client that it would be a good practice to go 'Private' while registering domains to avoid unnecessary contacts/ spam.

Overall, this was a learning for me and, moving forward I will be proactively informing my clients to make their WhoIs data private once the sale is completed. I understand some genuine, professional sellers might be impacted ( as they might not be able to sell similar domains to them) but I guess it is important to do this to maintain personal client relations.

P.S: I am posting the message here as it is directly linked to this post/ thread
One reason I rarely report my sales these days...good luck and sorry about the experience. If you had another domain name to sell to them, this person would have ruined it but you handled it professionally. Good job.

•••
One reason I rarely report my sales these days...good luck and sorry about the experience. If you had another domain name to sell to them, this person would have ruined it but you handled it professionally. Good job.

After reading that account I may reconsider reporting as well. I had no idea people were building lists, from these here sales reports, to try to sell their names to. Sad.

Last edited:
•••
After reading that account I may reconsider reporting as well. I had no idea people were building lists, from these here sales reports, to try to sell their names to. Sad.

you can report once a while... but if it is a client where recurring sales is possible, never report.

•••
Even I'm, not 100% up for posting sales. Don't want to disappoint the buyer's privacy. This is the first time I did.

•••

The only reason I don't report my sales here is because of this concern. Nice sales though and congrats

•••
Even I'm, not 100% up for posting sales. Don't want to disappoint the buyer's privacy. This is the first time I did.

I do believe the posts here, and in general - to post the information regarding the sale, is very helpful but only to us. I wish this particular thread was not indexed by google. I cant see what benefit that provides the rest of the public - TBH. For us here, to showcase and discuss our sales is invaluable IMO. I've made suggestions to the mods to somehow not allow search engines to index "report completed domain name sales here" for the reason you stated as well as now I see folks are harvesting these posts and using them to build sales lists which IMO is spam.

This is what I do with every sale - I ask the buyer if they would not mind that I make the sale public (not their details but the sale's details). It can be argued that with just a little sleuthing anyone can come up with the new buyer. Well, same goes for physical real-estate transactions. Only a tiny percentage are private and it costs a bit of money to make those private. If the buyer tells me no then I will not post the details of the sale anywhere. I have yet to have received a "no" in 19 years of selling domains but I do know that it does happen. Some sellers have been asked to sign an NDA. These things we must respect. We must also respect that while we can find out who the new owner is, it isnt necessarily true that they are in the market for more / similar domains. In fact, I would be willing to bet that most sales are one-off and the buyer's budget has been spent.

If anyone is in agreement that "report completed domain name sales here" then please make the suggestions to the mods and maybe we get this one section made private.

•••
SquadHelp Sale.

SavvyCBD.com

Reg Price : $1 (netsol promo)
Sale price : $1799 (6 months Installment payment)
Sale venue : SquadHelp
Hold time : 6 months
Congrats! How many names do you have listed over at SH?

•••
I do believe the posts here, and in general - to post the information regarding the sale, is very helpful but only to us. I wish this particular thread was not indexed by google. I cant see what benefit that provides the rest of the public - TBH. For us here, to showcase and discuss our sales is invaluable IMO. I've made suggestions to the mods to somehow not allow search engines to index "report completed domain name sales here" for the reason you stated as well as now I see folks are harvesting these posts and using them to build sales lists which IMO is spam.

This is what I do with every sale - I ask the buyer if they would not mind that I make the sale public (not their details but the sale's details). It can be argued that with just a little sleuthing anyone can come up with the new buyer. Well, same goes for physical real-estate transactions. Only a tiny percentage are private and it costs a bit of money to make those private. If the buyer tells me no then I will not post the details of the sale anywhere. I have yet to have received a "no" in 19 years of selling domains but I do know that it does happen. Some sellers have been asked to sign an NDA. These things we must respect. We must also respect that while we can find out who the new owner is, it isnt necessarily true that they are in the market for more / similar domains. In fact, I would be willing to bet that most sales are one-off and the buyer's budget has been spent.

If anyone is in agreement that "report completed domain name sales here" then please make the suggestions to the mods and maybe we get this one section made private.

Couple of my thoughts on this:
  • Yes, clients should be proactively informed that the sale details would be recorded and made public ( but their name not mentioned) as part of the industry practice. This should not surprise them later.
  • They should also be informed to make their contact details 'Private' to avoid unnecessary marketing emails/ spam
  • People posting the sales data here should also have it posted on NameBio.com ( send an email to Michael Sumner). This is because NameBio displays Domain name/ Purchase Price/ Date of Sale and Sale venue details only. This can be shared with clients/ others as it does not have more details like Buying price/ hold time/ negotiation details which, is shared here. IMO buying price, hold time and negotiation details is strictly for fellow members to know as a knowledge base (B2B) and not to be shared externally. Post a sale, a client might not be too pleased to see this info especially when they have negotiated hard to get a good deal and see our margins. This is sacrosanct data which keeps our industry ticking as people learn and carry forward.

Last edited:
•••
•••
SOLD

Web / Mastered / com on BrandBucket.com for $7,000.

Purchased right here on NamePros 8 months ago for $400.
Congratulations!! What is your portfolio size in BB?

•••
•••
SOLD

Web / Mastered / com on BrandBucket.com for $7,000.

Purchased right here on NamePros 8 months ago for $400.

Thanks for sharing. Any particular reason to invest $400 on this name?

•••
Thanks for sharing. Any particular reason to invest $400 on this name?

It’s what the seller was asking and I liked the name.

•••
When you pitched these names, did you get instant interest to buy same day or there were intervals between when they replied you and when they decided to buy at your price?
This was an existing client which wanted a deep discount as they had bought other domains earlier. They had offered this price on the 3rd day and I had refused. But I agreed 5 days later and, sold it at that price.

•••
This was an existing client which wanted a deep discount as they had bought other domains earlier. They had offered this price on the 3rd day and I had refused. But I agreed 5 days later and, sold it at that price.
Thank you.

•••
G/o/l/d/d/i/g/g/e/r (dot) co
Inbound, sold for $450
Venue: Dan
Handreg $4, 7 mos. ago

Sold it for a very low price IMO. Don't take me wrong.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back