IT.COM

Discounted Registration Rates

NameSilo
Watch
Discounted Registration Rates

This thread is intended to help 'newbies' save some money on their domain registrations.

The following are ways to get discounts at the listed registrars:

eNom:
Don't waste your time paying $29.95 direct, I know a few people that still do. Always go through a trusted reseller, like NamePros. A free account can be made and registrations are around $9.25
http://www.namepros.com/enomsignup.php

GoDaddy:
View the latest coupons by viewing the last few posts of http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/479933-godaddy.html

I have personally saved a few hundred with this thread. :yell:

Moniker:
Is a safe registrar to use and .com are generally $8.02.

Dynadot:
Is generally $9.25 but can be lowered to 7.75 if you plan to use more than $500. Deposit $500 to get this lowered pricing.
http://www.dynadot.com/company/prices_bulk.html

eBay:
Believe it or not, many resellers list a single domain registration on ebay for below market prices. There was times when I've seen registrations go for less than $6. Buyer beware though, make sure you check a seller's feedback before buying.

This thread has been updated to remove expired deals that have been previously posted. If you have anything that I should add, please send me a PM.

Thanks and good luck,
AzN

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice thread Asian ;)

I'll sticky it for a while :tu:

•••
thanks for the info...its usefull for newbies like me

•••
Very useful info! Thanks :)

•••
•••
Yes and you can also buy domains for NP$.

•••
•••
Nice thread. I was thinking about doing the same but you did it first.

Thanks for sharing!

•••
I have emailed moniker twice including dlyons and I keep getting the brush off regarding the price discounts. I have heard good things about them but must say I am growing weary of being passed off.

•••
Please note: While some registrars may offer a discounted price for domain transfers, I have been unable to find any sites that do! If you know of any please post about them, otherwise what follows below is not accurate information. I apologize for my mistake about this! Nielsencl

This is great and I have a related tip for you:

.infos are often on sale for $1-$2, but after the first year you have to pay the full fee.

You will have to confirm with your registrar(s), but for mine I get the first year rate if I transfer the domain. So if you just transfer your .infos every year to a different registrar you can get the lower rate for as long as it is offered.

If you wait less than a year to transfer, you can "lock in" the lower rate for a longer time. What I mean is if you transfer the domain and wait 6 months and transfer again, you will have 1.5 years left at the lower rate. If you wait another 6 months and then transfer again, at that point you will have 2 years left at the lower rate and so on.

Last edited:
•••
nielsencl said:
This is great and I have a related tip for you:

.infos are often on sale for $1-$2, but after the first year you have to pay the full fee.

You will have to confirm with your registrar(s), but for mine I get the first year rate if I transfer the domain. So if you just transfer your .infos every year to a different registrar you can get the lower rate for as long as it is offered.

If you wait less than a year to transfer, you can "lock in" the lower rate for a longer time. What I mean is if you transfer the domain and wait 6 months and transfer again, you will have 1.5 years left at the lower rate. If you wait another 6 months and then transfer again, at that point you will have 2 years left at the lower rate and so on.

I have never heard of a registrar that offers info transfers at promo prices. I would love to know which registrar offers this service. Would you please share the url?

•••
Hi,

I am glad you asked me about this, because now I am not sure if it is true or not!

I thought that when I had transfered a domain to a registrar that I only paid the first year fee. But I just checked Domainsite.com and Godaddy.com and when I tried to do a transfer of a .info domain I have, both wanted the regular price...! The same thing is true at Namecheap.com as well, so I don't know where I saw that.

Should I remove my post or remove the things I said? I am sorry to say that I cannot back up what I posted, but I did think it was correct.

•••
If you are trying to transfer out of registerfly, check out www.godaddy.com/registerfly

Some special transfer deals to help those in need... Apparently

•••
How do you get .org for $1.2 from Directi Resellerclub for certain countries? On their website , they have only $2.49 listed.

•••
dnk said:
How do you get .org for $1.2 from Directi Resellerclub for certain countries? On their website , they have only $2.49 listed.

Directi (aka publicdomainregistry aka resellerclub) is a whitelabel registrar in that, despite its name, it only seriously attempts to sell to its resellers. Members of the general public purchase domains from directi resellers. Different resellers have different prices. Some sell .infos for $1.20. One directi reseller is creativeon.com. You can find a list of domain resellers here:

http://domain-registration.domaintools.com/

•••
abdussamad said:
dnk said:

Directi (aka publicdomainregistry aka resellerclub) is a whitelabel registrar in that, despite its name, it only seriously attempts to sell to its resellers. Members of the general public purchase domains from directi resellers. Different resellers have different prices. Some sell .infos for $1.20. One directi reseller is creativeon.com. You can find a list of domain resellers here:

.info is available at 0.99, how do you get .org for $1.2, the resellerclub website lists them at $2.49?

•••
dnk said:
abdussamad said:

.info is available at 0.99, how do you get .org for $1.2, the resellerclub website lists them at $2.49?

did you even read my post? .org or .info you will need to find a directi reseller that offers them at low prices. Resellerclub does not sell directly to the general public at these low prices.

•••
I have a reseller account with resellerclub myself , that's why I am curious, how .org are available for $1.2

•••
dnk said:
I have a reseller account with resellerclub myself , that's why I am curious, how .org are available for $1.2

Oh I see. I can't help you then. What I can tell you is that estdomains.com offers reseller accounts with 0.99 .orgs and infos.

•••
dnk said:

They are only valid to certain third world countries such as vietnam, china, etc.

•••
Seems the $1.2 offer is not valid in the third world country I stay in

•••
"Second off:
eNom
$8.95, although this is not cheap, it is better than the regular $29.95 price."

If you have an enom reseller account will you get a discount with the $29.95 club drop registration fee? Thanks!

•••
mc_hozer said:
"Second off:
eNom
$8.95, although this is not cheap, it is better than the regular $29.95 price."

If you have an enom reseller account will you get a discount with the $29.95 club drop registration fee? Thanks!

No you don't
This is for registration fee only..

•••
•••
Nice but not usefull for me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back