Disappointment

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
446
Its so disappointing when a very promising sale goes south, especially a good sized one. The lesson? Never count your chickens before they hatch.

Fortunately, this one was never counted, but how nice it would have been.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
care to share more details?

sorry to here, happend to me a few time recently, I think the business climate we are in doesnt help...
 
0
•••
So true! :D
Happens everyday... :(

Anyway, "There's alot of fish in the sea..." ;)
 
0
•••
care to share more details?

sorry to here, happend to me a few time recently, I think the business climate we are in doesnt help...

Just a domain name that I was contacted about. Initial offer was a couple hundred and eventually over the phone we worked out a price of mid $x,xxx. I even had to draw up a contract.

All seemed pretty good, but 8 days without contact about the sale started to give me a bad vibe - and I was right on when I followed up with the buyer today. He decided the domain was out of their price range and that was that.
 
0
•••
Dont you hate that. I had an experience as well for a sale for $2500...not that huge but when they sound solid nothing is more solid then money in the bank.
 
0
•••
Maybe you should develop the domain and in time he may come back to you about it.
 
0
•••
Tell me about it. I had a sale recently fall through for Mid $X,XXX as well. That is the bad news.

The good news is I sold it for $2,500 more than the first offer a month later to another party.

Brad
 
0
•••
I will always remember getting a $19,500 offer for a domain as a 17 year old...alas, the deal fell through and that taught me to never call "a sale a sale" until the money was sitting nicely in my bank account :)
 
0
•••
had two deals die in the same week recently. LOL. What can I say? It happens :)
 
0
•••
Yah, it happens. It just never ceases to hurt. The extra cash would have gone a long way for my upcoming wedding.
 
0
•••
*

Spade,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

But sorry about your gone-south sale.


*
 
0
•••
Had a "sale" mid $xxxx plus in the Domain Fest live auction almost 2 months ago, "buyer" has still not paid although Moniker keep telling me that the funds are on the way- checks in the post :lol:

Not dead yet but very frustrating, perhaps the bidder was Halvarez :wave:
 
0
•••
Which is worse?

Getting zero offers in the last 12 months or having a couple mid xxxx offers that fall through....

I think we all know the answer to that one...
 
0
•••
Sorry to hear that spade. I lost out on a flagship deal recently in the high $x,xxx range and it pinches big time. Mine was exactly like your situation. They bit the hook and the line snapped reeling them in. I know exactly where you are coming from.
 
0
•••
Dont get me wrong, I never counted the sale. However, it progressed to a point I usually feel confident of sales completing.
 
0
•••
I never had anyone back down once they agreed to a price. I will say it seems when I have a project where I could use a few k to throw at it no offers roll in and when I have money all over my computer desk that hasn't made it to the bank that's usually when a 5-10k offer rolls in on a hand regged domain. Funny how that works. Congrats on the wedding. :)
 
0
•••
I've had 3 people in the past month walk away from deals, 2 of which had actually made the offer amount that I accepted, both of them being past buyers of mine. Sucks really - "yes" or "I will buy" has no weight anymore it seems. People care less and less about other people being able to take them at their word.
 
0
•••
I've had 3 people in the past month walk away from deals, 2 of which had actually made the offer amount that I accepted, both of them being past buyers of mine. Sucks really - "yes" or "I will buy" has no weight anymore it seems. People care less and less about other people being able to take them at their word.

Im not going to complain too much because its been a solid month (Feb). However, like the title said, its disappointing.
 
0
•••
I think that the least a buyer could do is indicate that he/she is no longer has interest (or is financially able) to complete a deal instead of letting the issue hover in a cloud of mystery.

I've had soft buyers back out - often because of financing issues - but always respected someone if they were upfront. I much prefer a buyer who is forthright and says they are interested but would have to wait 1-2 months (for financing)... of course, I can't always hold a domain; especially if there's a serious offer in the interim, but if there isn't, than I always try to respect 1st dibs!

Sorry to hear about your dashed hopes... you'll get good ones in the future! :)

Rob
 
0
•••
You can use this to your advantage.

In the promotional page for this domain indicate last offer made.

Also, take a non-refundable deposit to secure the domain for the buyer in the future. That way, if the deal falls through, then at least you get something for your efforts.

Cheers.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back